Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Mbappe's salary demands are a deal breaker. I gave up trying to make it work. He would cost around 400m to half a billion quid en toto over 5 years (that is a  per-COVID valuation) when fees and wages, etc are totaled up. Our fate with the Mbappes of the world was sealed when Roman pulled the plug on the new stadium, which would have given us an extra £50m to £75m (or more) per annum in pure new revenue to play with.

How many around here are old enough to remember one time Wimbledon owner Sam Hammam? He injected a little cash into the team, and a lot of PR into selling the idea that The Dons would move to Dublin, capture the huge fanbase there, perform week after week in a packed 70,000 seater, and become a superpower.

In reality Hammam knew that resistance to the scheme in Ireland, at The FA and among fans made it a non-starter. He also knew however that the wealthy Nordic crew he was wooing as potential buyers for his club were not as clued up as he was. He sold them the dream and collected his unrealistically inflated cheque.

Naturally, I have no idea if its true but the rumour is out there that Roman was pulling the same stunt. That the planning permission was only ever intended to be used to aid his negotiating position for a profitable sale. Football fans, myself included, always want things to be better than they are but, on the whole, Roman has done well for the club. He has almost always acted honourably and sought to do the right thing, so I choose to believe Bruce Buck when he says Roman does not intend to sell. Either way that additional revenue you talk about is now a long, long way off.

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How many around here are old enough to remember one time Wimbledon owner Sam Hammam? He injected a little cash into the team, and a lot of PR into selling the idea that The Dons would move to Dublin, capture the huge fanbase there, perform week after week in a packed 70,000 seater, and become a superpower.

In reality Hammam knew that resistance to the scheme in Ireland, at The FA and among fans mad it a non-starter. He also knew however that the wealthy Nordic crew he was wooing as potential buyers for his club were not as clued up as he was. He sold them the dream and collected his unrealistically inflated cheque.

Naturally, I have no idea if its true but the rumour is out there that Roman was pulling the same stunt. That the planning permission was only ever intended to be used to aid his negotiating position for a profitable sale. Football fans, myself included, always want things to be better than they are but, on the whole, Roman has done well for the club. He has almost always acted honourably and sought to do the right thing, so I choose to believe Bruce Buck when he says Roman does not intend to sell. Either way that additional revenue you talk about is now a long, long way off.

If it was a PR ploy to tempt buyers, he sure as hell did a lot of work and spent a shedload of time and cash on it

I am going to chose to believe it was the fucking government banning him (in reality) from coming into the UK as the reason

and that just makes yet another reason for me to hate fucking Trump, as it all skewed off that

Jim Ratcliffe went into great detail as to why he decided not to buy us, and central to it was the stadium cost AND the length of time (a big fuck off to the Rugby Football Union over telling us to piss off in re Twickenham) we would have been scrambling for a temp home pitch

if not for COVID-19, in 2 to 4 years we would have been (as I have painstakingly detailed multiple times) the ONLY top 30 football club in europe without a large new/relatively new modern stadium, or one that had been massively renovated and expanded :(

it will be interesting to see which clubs bail on their new stadiums due to COVID-19 financial issues

I have little sympathy for them in regards to that, because we were already in the same boat even before the virus

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

If it was a PR ploy to tempt buyers, he sure as hell did a lot of work and spent a shedload of time and cash on it

I am going to chose to believe it was the fucking government banning him (in reality) from coming into the UK as the reason

and that just makes yet another reason for me to hate fucking Trump, as it all skewed off that

Jim Ratcliffe went into great detail as to why he decided not to buy us, and central to it was the stadium cost AND the length of time (a big fuck off to the Rugby Football Union over telling us to piss off in re Twickenham) we would have been scrambling for a temp home pitch

if not for COVID-19, in 2 to 4 years we would have been (as I have painstakingly detailed multiple times) the ONLY top 30 football club in europe without a large new/relatively new modern stadium, or one that had been massively renovated and expanded :(

it will be interesting to see which clubs bail on their new stadiums due to COVID-19 financial issues

I have little sympathy for them in regards to that, because we were already in the same boat even before the virus

I really wish that the fanbase as a whole would wake up to the danger of our stadium situation and the threat hanging over us if we fail to remedy it.

The fans have got to stop being so selfish in insisting that the club must remain at Stamford Bridge. Misplaced nostalgia for a location is, in my unsentimental opinion, just stupid. You may like the house you live in, but you still move when you need to, and even sometimes when you just want to. Home is where your family is, not where the bricks stand. Wherever Chelsea fans turnup, that's where Chelsea are. Blues fans without Stamford Bridge still equals Chelsea, but Stamford Bridge without Chelsea fans can never be anything more than a pointless shell.

What matters is getting the right stadium, with the right facilities to serve the future of the club. Rebuilding in Fulham Broadway will be the most expensive option, the most disruptive option, and the one which will result in the worst, most compromised stadium. Ok, it proved tough to find a good location within the radius the fans might have accepted, so spread the net wider. Stamford Bridge can only be the option of last resort, not the cling-on-to-at-all-costs obsession.

As I say, it is plain selfish of people like me, a percentage of whom will be dead inside the next ten years, to demand that the club throws away all of the better alternatives for securing its future just to satisfy their misplaced feelings.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I really wish that the fanbase as a whole would wake up to the danger of our stadium situation and the threat hanging over us if we fail to remedy it.

The fans have got to stop being so selfish in insisting that the club must remain at Stamford Bridge. Misplaced nostalgia for a location is, in my unsentimental opinion, just stupid. You may like the house you live in, but you still move when you need to, and even sometimes when you just want to. Home is where your family is, not where the bricks stand. Wherever Chelsea fans turnup, that's where Chelsea are. Blues fans without Stamford Bridge still equals Chelsea, but Stamford Bridge without Chelsea fans can never be anything more than a pointless shell.

What matters is getting the right stadium, with the right facilities to serve the future of the club. Rebuilding in Fulham Broadway will be the most expensive option, the most disruptive option, and the one which will result in the worst, most compromised stadium. Ok, it proved tough to find a good location within the radius the fans might have accepted, so spread the net wider. Stamford Bridge can only be the option of last resort, not the cling-on-to-at-all-costs obsession.

As I say, it is plain selfish of people like me, a percentage of whom will be dead inside the next ten years, to demand that the club throws away all of the better alternatives for securing its future just to satisfy their misplaced feelings.

completely agree

except one small thing

most compromised stadium

I saw almost nothing 'compromised' about the monster we had on the planning board

it would have been (until Barca and Real did their billion euro renovations) the best football only stadium on the planet, IMHO

the fucking thing made me wet, lololol

it was a bloody work of art 

THAT is what makes it doubly hard to take

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

:rant:

stamford_bridge11.jpg

Stamford-Bridge-Chelsea-FC-Stadium-Entrance-Gates-A2_COMPETITION-BOARD_Chelsea-FC-Gates_landsc_Rev1.jpg3D renderings of the new Stamford Bridge3D renderings of the new Stamford BridgevrHKzRZ.jpgStamford Bridge expansion - Latest news, transfers, pictures ...Sportfeed | Game of Thrones eller nya Stamford Bridge?Chelsea want £500m Stamford Bridge development to be paid for with ...stamford_bridge14.jpgstamford_bridge16.jpg

I saw almost nothing 'compromised' about the monster we had on the planning board
it would have been (until Barca and Real did their billion euro renovations) the best football only stadium on the planet, IMHO
the fucking thing made me wet, lololol
it was a bloody work of art 
THAT is what makes it doubly hard to take
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
:rant:
stamford_bridge11.jpg
Stamford-Bridge-Chelsea-FC-Stadium-Entrance-Gates-A2_COMPETITION-BOARD_Chelsea-FC-Gates_landsc_Rev1.jpg3D-renderings-of-the-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpg3D-renderings-of-the-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpgvrHKzRZ.jpgChelsea-Stadium-2.jpg615@70.jpgnintchdbpict000293828098.jpg?strip=all&w=960stamford_bridge14.jpgstamford_bridge16.jpg
If the design of a stadium makes a woman wet, it probably is a damn good stadium lol

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If the design of a stadium makes a woman wet, it probably is a damn good stadium lol

it is like a Gothic temple of stone, an ode to England, football, the Lions of  London

modern and yet ancient

intimidating as well

truly a work of integrated art on most all levels, a radiated sense of persistence and a continuity with the past of of our island home, reaching back into the mists of time far beyond 1905

it looks.................... like victory

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can I lock this thread? Is everyone okay with it?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it's too much fun revelling in skadeglädje (Swedish for schadenfreude) with a self-loathing twist

lololol

2 hours ago, Jason said:

lol @ wankerpool

But with Werner available for around £50 million due to a release clause in his contract, Liverpool now value him at below £30 million due to the pandemic's affect on financial markets.

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol @ wankerpool

But with Werner available for around £50 million due to a release clause in his contract, Liverpool now value him at below £30 million due to the pandemic's affect on financial markets.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the financial hit caused by the pandemic but I'd find it stupid if any club pass up the opportunity to sign Werner for around 50 million (he would be even cheaper than some of our recent big money signings and cheaper than Morata!). That is stupidly cheap when you consider the price tags that get thrown around in the transfer market (pre-pandemic). IF Liverpool aren't playing any long game here and really value him below 30 million, then we better fucking try to go get him! 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I'm underestimating the financial situation but seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?! Are the clubs so badly hit that they can't even fork out around 50 million?!

Of course they can, pandemic or no pandemic, 2 months should not equel you going broke all of a sudden for a big Club. So Clubs dont have 50m they can throw on a great prospect? Imo they are just taking advantage to lowball the fee to the ground. We are fucking stupid if we dont go and try grab him to Chels.  

Maybe I'm just underestimating the financial hit caused by the pandemic but I'd find it stupid if any club pass up the opportunity to sign Werner for around 50 million (he would be even cheaper than some of our recent big money signings and cheaper than Morata!). That is stupidly cheap when you consider the price tags that get thrown around in the transfer market (pre-pandemic). IF Liverpool aren't playing any long game here and really value him below 30 million, then we better fucking try to go get him! 

First of all, he is not a CF. Secondly, if people want him as a winger, he may be very fast, but he also lacks in some World class technical abilities. Man United has Rashford and he is better than Werner. Mane is better than Werner. All City wingers are better than Werner.
He may be better than our wingers, but I would prefer getting other wingers with more technical abilities than Werner.