Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Miss many chances, that is a bit worrying. 

Werner scores a goal - "Yay. Okay, we move on..."

Werner misses a chance - "Oh no, it's concerning!"

Not saying he shouldn't have scored at least twice in these last two games but some of the (over)reaction I have seen to his misses are hilarious. 

At the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses for Werner (lol), would also say the pass for the second miss just missed the mark. Was a bit behind him and he had to moved back slightly to shoot, plus the keeper was also quick to shut him down. He scored from the same position from a much more accurate pass at Burnley. 

Top 5 Most Used Players This Season:

1. Werner - 1,224 mins
2. Zouma - 1,199 mins
3. Mount - 1,050 mins
4. Kante - 1,017 mins
5. Chilwell - 946 mins

Excluding Zouma (because he's a CB), Werner has played almost at least 2 games more than anyone else and it's not even December yet! He's gonna need a break soon...

Serious question, would anyone start Pulisic (if he's fit) over Werner against Spurs? Let's be real here, he's missed crucial chances in the last four games consistently.

That's not the only problem though, his all around game was awful. He constantly loses the ball, and his passing is not good enough as well. There's not enough dribbling or shooting when he comes up against a defender.

Pulisic on the other hand is a lethal finisher, not only that but his dribbling and passing is class. I'd honestly give Werner a rest, and start Pulisic if he's fit. An unmatchfit Pulisic would perform better than how Werner is performing at the moment in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses for Werner (lol), would also say the pass for the second miss just missed the mark. Was a bit behind him and he had to moved back slightly to shoot, plus the keeper was also quick to shut him down. He scored from the same position from a much more accurate pass at Burnley. 

The second one was not easy the ball was behind him and wobbling so you need good technique to still score but the first there is no excuse cos he just needs to stay above the ball and direct it Hiawatha with any body part 

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

Serious question, would anyone start Pulisic (if he's fit) over Werner against Spurs? Let's be real here, he's missed crucial chances in the last four games consistently.

That's not the only problem though, his all around game was awful. He constantly loses the ball, and his passing is not good enough as well. There's not enough dribbling or shooting when he comes up against a defender.

Pulisic on the other hand is a lethal finisher, not only that but his dribbling and passing is class. I'd honestly give Werner a rest, and start Pulisic if he's fit. An unmatchfit Pulisic would perform better than how Werner is performing at the moment in my opinion.

I doubt Puli is fit but IMO CHO earned  himself a  place. Aurier  will be shitting his pants

12 minutes ago, Azul said:

Think people are gonna be disappointed if they expect Pulisic to start this Sunday. 

Also, two below-par games and suddenly people are having their pitchforks out for Werner... 

[mention=6611]killer1257[/mention], you said people treat Werner like he's Ronaldo. Yeah, look what has happened after the last 2 games. So many hate all of a sudden...are you happy?
No, I am not. But I already told you that he struggles with 1 vs 1 situations when he was at Leipzig.

But I see improvements in his first touch and passing, which is very crucial in the long run. When he gets some rest, he will get better.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

No, I am not. But I already told you that he struggles with 1 vs 1 situations when he was at Leipzig.

But I see improvements in his first touch and passing, which is very crucial in the long run. When he gets some rest, he will get better.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! :rant:

Think people are gonna be disappointed if they expect Pulisic to start this Sunday. 
Also, two below-par games and suddenly people are having their pitchforks out for Werner... 
No one's hating on Timo mate, I'm just saying that he needs to rest. His performances have not been up to par, and we need a win against Spurs. CHO and Pulisic are safer options for now, but Timo is a starter in this team ofcourse.

Saying he needs a rest and hating are two very different things.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk