Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

11. Timo Werner

Jas
Followers 9

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If Haaland comes, which i strongly doubt, I think Giroud and Tammy will both leave Haaland and Havertz will be playing in the CF position depending on game plan. CHO will be predominantly used as wingback I think. He does not have enough output to play as AM but does have decent defensive instincts.

I highly doubt neither Havertz nor Haaland will prefer playing second fiddle to the other 😂

This isn't FIFA. These are two generational talents we are talking about. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really taking the piss now 

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

A bit of class by RB Leipzig by posting the 'one step beyond' and now saying "Look after him for us, we will be rooting for Frank's young guns next season" Classy as fuck

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I highly doubt neither Havertz nor Haaland will prefer playing second fiddle to the other 😂

This isn't FIFA. These are two generational talents we are talking about. 

The funny thing is, we are already having that problem right now with the current squad. As much as we need a new striker, it feels like we're just buying all the shiny toys out there without having a cohesive plan to fit them all in. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The funny thing is, we are already having that problem right now with the current squad. As much as we need a new striker, it feels like we're just buying all the shiny toys out there without having a cohesive plan to fit them all in. 

Haaland is purely Roman. From Tuchel's comments, its seems he'd rather build the attack around Werner and Havertz (which he should) 

37 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haaland is purely Roman. From Tuchel's comments, its seems he'd rather build the attack around Werner and Havertz (which he should) 

So was Havertz apparently.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sorry but a top class striker is a must Havertz and Werner can operate in different positions as well as behind the striker, if anything one of Ziyech or Pulisic should leave, a striker is an absolute must for us and if you have the chance to sign someone like Haaland you do it and worry afterwards about the starting 11.

Edited by R2D2
14 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Sorry but a top class striker is a must Havertz and Werner can operate in different positions as well as behind the striker, if anything one of Ziyech or Pulisic should leave, a striker is an absolute must for us and if you have the chance to sign someone like Haaland you do it and worry afterwards about the starting 11.

And what if Pulisic or Ziyech don't want to leave? We bought Pulisic for the potential of resale value. In this Covid climate, who's going to buy him for more than 60 million? Who's going to buy Ziyech for more than 40 million after a season?

Make no mistake, I like Haaland. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the rumors this is purely a Roman buy would go away. Tuchel needs to want him also and have plans to utilise him. And I cannot see him utilising all of our attackers in this 3 at the back system. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Jason said:

Agree with you. 

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it was a chance but not a sitter

Thought he had missed an open goal or something. Went to check it out and yeah, it was a missed chance but not a sitter sitter.

Also, are goalkeepers not allowed to make a save or something? I know Werner has missed opportunities but seems like every chance not put away will be branded as "missing a sitter" or something along those lines. There are bad misses by him but there are also those decently saved by keepers.

Came across this (there are also more examples) and I don't get how he's gotten from this finish to what he's doing now...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Came across this (there are also more examples) and I don't get how he's gotten from this finish to what he's doing now...

he will start making them

not worried

only player on the squad I am worried about (besides the always present in these discussions Kepa) is Pulisic

Ziyech looks to be heating up

Tuchel was raised the level of some I was done with

Rudiger is beast level atm

Alonso has been so solid when he plays

hell, Emerson too, and he scored and played well for Italy

I want (so hard to pull) Håland

if not, I am so open to Lukaku returning

and for a CB, Fofana is by far my number one CB target, we only need one, as we have so many other options out on loan plus Mbuyamba eventually from the youth team

sell Kepa and grab a good backup (unless we can get Donnarumma cheap, which is a pipe dream) IF Roman (now that FFP is binned) wants to truly go wild, hell buy Oblak (last year for him, as he wants a 7 year contract and if we buy him in summer 2022, he turns 30 in a few months, which is too old for a 7 year contract, he is not a tall keeper, so as he slows down he has not big height to fall back on, for some reason I do not see him as the type who will still be great at 36, 37yo

Rice is likely not going to happen atm, so I would go hard for Camavinga (so hard as he will likely go to RM or Barca), 2nd choice Boubacar Kamara

that is about it unless we can steal Theo Hernandez at LB 

Jesús Corona is interesting, but I do not like the fact we would only get one full sub 30yo season out of him

Already lost patience with him a while ago, it's becoming normal now. His fans will always find an excuse for him though.🤷

• Like 1