Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

His passing and his technique are not that great. His main assets are speed, movement and his shooting skills (apart from 1 vs 1 situations)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Which is why I'm gonna cry if he plays wide left in a 433 and we drop pulisic. Who's better than him at everything up until movement/shooting in the box.

God I hope we dont stick him out there

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think Lampard will and should do that.
Werner cant play as lone striker. His heat map show he plays wide left as striker. 
Why did Lampard want Werner and why will he drop Pulisic? Because Lampard want our team to play more quickly. This is a reason he want Ziyech too. The fastest passer and the fastest finisher. Pulisic is good but his style play doesn't fit Lampard's tactic better than Werner's. He likes holding the ball, more touches and dribbles.
Next season, we will see how the fastest dou work.
Well if Werner is expected to start as a wide player (as opposed to a floating second striker) then we certainly won't keep the ball as well as we did this year that's for sure.

C'mon frank [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinions/the-problems-outlined-by-frank-lampard-are-a-mirror-image-of-last-season/
I dont need to say another word. You can find another interview, Lampard was always talking about that.
I dont mean Pulisic wouldnt have a chance. He will. In some matches, when oppent team park the bus, his ability will help our team break the wall.
And how the hell does the reflect on Pulisic in particular when he's basically been involved in the second most goals this season? Pulisic has no problem moving the ball quickly.

But we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinions/the-problems-outlined-by-frank-lampard-are-a-mirror-image-of-last-season/

I dont need to say another word. You can find another interview, Lampard was always talking about that.

I dont mean Pulisic wouldnt have a chance. He will. In some matches, when oppent team park the bus, his ability will help our team break the wall.

source.gif

Talk about taking an old quote, one sentence from one (ONE!) game completely out of context to suit one's own agenda! 

Lampard was talking about that Sheffield United game in particularly, the overall performance and he did not even hang anyone out to dry. So, how the hell was that even specifically related to Pulisic?

Anyone who has seen Pulisic properly knows he is no ball hogger like Willian and is a direct player, who aims to create danger one way or another in the box. 

And only on Friday Lampard talking about the Abraham-Werner competition upfront...

source.gif
Talk about taking an old quote, one sentence from one (ONE!) game completely out of context to suit one's own agenda! 
Lampard was talking about that Sheffield United game in particularly, the overall performance and he did not even hang anyone out to dry. So, how the hell was that even specifically related to Pulisic?
Anyone who has seen Pulisic properly knows he is no ball hogger like Willian and is a direct player, who aims to create danger one way or another in the box. 
And only on Friday Lampard talking about the Abraham-Werner competition upfront...
To think pulisic is a ball hog youd have to have only watched highlights of our matches - that he didn't play in.

I mean the guys developed with Dortmund for fuck sake

I didnt said Pulusic is slow, but compare him with Werner, he is slower. Werner is one of the quickest strikers in the world, we know that.

Alright, we'll see. I like it. This is worth more than any words.

Fair enough. Let's stand back and see how next season plays out.

Bloody hell typing on my phone is causing a ridiculous number of typos.

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

His passing and his technique are not that great. His main assets are speed, movement and his shooting skills (apart from 1 vs 1 situations)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Yup, need to improve his skill on the ball. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Ok. That means you dont know how to use google. Let me suggest.

With keywords : "Lampard" and " move the ball quickly", you can find tons of interview show how he want his team to play, he always wants his team play quick football. So it is NOT only ONE. This is his mindset.

Plus, we( I and @Supermonkey92) was comparing Werner and Pulisic, what the hell is Willian?

"What I tried to do last year at Derby, and what we will try to do this season, is have an aggressive team with energy, bravery on the ball and an ability to move the ball quickly," Lampard said.

https://www.givemesport.com/1488350-football-manager-predicts-frank-lampards-first-season-as-chelsea-manager

I like my teams to play with a lot of energy and speed, with and without the ball, so I want to win it back as quickly as we can. When we have the ball, I want to move the ball quickly and create chances and win games and feel like we are playing football that we enjoy. So, that is my job now

https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-can-be-successful-at-chelsea-without-new-signings-lampard/y5hzn62ohai1s5fi3yk9x1fy

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard says his team failed to move the ball quickly enough and were too "safe" as they lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50796720

Okay smart ass, no one is arguing over the need to move the ball faster and all that shit. But saying Pulisic likes to hold onto the ball, take more touches, do more dribbles is just stupid. He is less of a ball hogger than someone like Willian and Willian is constantly getting selected to be in the XI. Moreover, moving the ball quicker etc is only one aspect of the play. Someone still needs to make those attacking runs, taking shots, putting chances away and all the stats put Pulisic as our second best attacking player this season, behind only Abraham, which hardly suggests that Pulisic doesn't fit Lampard's tactics like you claimed.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

I think Lampard will and should do that.

Werner cant play as lone striker. His heat map show he plays wide left as striker. 

Why did Lampard want Werner and why will he drop Pulisic? Because Lampard want our team to play more quickly. This is a reason he want Ziyech too. The fastest passer and the fastest finisher. Pulisic is good but his style play doesn't fit Lampard's tactic better than Werner's. He likes holding the ball, more touches and dribbles.

Next season, we will see how the fastest dou work.

I honestly don't understand dropping puli for Werner to play faster. Pulisic is very2 direct. 

15 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

"smart ass" !?

Sorry my bad english, but this comment is an ad hominem? If it is, i will stop and this is my last comment in this forum.

I repeat again, i didnt said Pulisic is slow and doesnt fit Lampard's tactics, but he didnt faster than Werner and didnt fit Lampard better than Werner. So, dont talk about Willian. This is Pulisic vs Werner. 

Werner will play as striker not winger. 

And btw I'm not even sure Timo is faster than Pulisic.