Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

12 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No, of course I don't have evidence. I also had no evidence that Arsenal lied when they said they only had £40m to spend last summer. Until they spent £70m+ on Pepe that is. Clubs say convenient things for public consumption. 

I don't think they lied though. It was reported that Pepe fee is paid in 3 installment. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I don't think they lied though. It was reported that Pepe fee is paid in 3 installment.

Paying fees in instalments is perfectly normal and would be factored in to any calculation.

Anyway, we've signed two players for next season already. We all at least respect them both, and want them to do well. I especially love Timo's pace. I'm looking forward to seeing how frequently we can create opportunities for him to exploit it. It's a heck of a weapon.

Looks like Lampard has been a fan of Werner for some time already...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/lampard-explains-how-chelsea-won-race-for-475m-werner/eukkia73njal134ndjllf1a81

"I think he's clearly a player that we liked. I've certainly followed him for a long time myself, individually, just as a talented player, even before I had this job. But as a club, clearly we went for him, and he certainly will strengthen us in my opinion. 

"He's got huge talent, had a fantastic season this year but before that as well. Where we probably couldn't do as much business in the last couple of windows for whatever reasons, it's given us a chance to see some youth have more time in the team. 

"But we were very clear about the fact we wanted to improve and Timo Werner is always a signing that will improve us. I'm certainly very excited to have him playing for Chelsea and we look forward to having him."

Asked what had changed with Werner seemingly being all set to join Jurgen Klopp at Anfield at one stage, Lampard added: "I don't know, that's probably a better question to ask Timo himself. 

"We worked as hard as we could. I had good conversations with him personally, where I think he hopefully understands what I want to do here with the club, how we work, how we play. 

"It seemed that it came across as a really exciting prospect for him, because he obviously had some very, very good options. We're happy with that, it was very joined up from our end as to how we went about it, and we're just pleased that Timo has decided to come to us.

"I did speak to him [after confirmation he was joining Chelsea] and he was excited, which is great and I am certainly excited to have him here. We will have to hold our breath slightly because we have business at hand and so does he, finishing their league.

"He is the type of player we are looking at to come here and have a big impact. We will have to give him a bit of time, the Premier League is a different animal to other leagues in world football.

"But the quality that Timo has, the work ethic and personality, humility, really shone through for me when I was speaking to him. I am very happy to have him."

Nagelsmann defended Werner over the decision to skip the CL with RB Leipzig... (cc @killer1257)

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-bound-werner-defended-by-leipzig-boss-nagelsmann/1e82ulu01ol1i10z682zemry77

Speaking at a news conference ahead of Leipzig's clash with Borussia Dortmund on Saturday, Nagelsmann said: "I would like to defend him. 

"I don't like the way he's portrayed right now. I read some reports yesterday where it was said that he was not a sportsman, since he does not want to play in the Champions League for us anymore.

"He is a great sportsman who will give his all for us in the last two matches and who certainly will score in the last two matches. 

"If he stays healthy he will play for sure and be a normal member of our team even though he will leave us. 

"Regarding the Champions League, I would have loved to have him on board and would have liked it if he'd play for us. Simply because he is great player who scores a lot of goals. 

"But I can understand his and his team's side. He's coming to another city in a different country with a foreign language. 

"It's an unusual situation due to Covid, we never had something like this in football, with all competitions being spread out, everything being different and different measures need to be taken."

Nagelsmann believes Werner would have wanted to see out the Champions League campaign and says he must not be judged negatively by the unusual situation.

"I don't think one should judge from a far distance what kind of player or human being Timo Werner is. It is his right," he added. 

"It's a pity and sad and I believe he would have liked to play. However, it is a transfer that ends a big chapter of his life and where a new one with a lot of changes begins. 

"It's normal that during this time he does not want to take the risk of being injured, even though that rarely happens with him. 

"He wants to make his move together with his girlfriend so I can completely understand. It's not right that he is being blamed for his decision. 

"That does not mean I would not have liked him to take part in these matches. Timo knows this. He still is a good guy and a great player, so you must not criticise him in every TV show and claim that he is not a good sportsman."

2 hours ago, Valdo said:

For some reason everytime his name pops up somewhere, I always read it as "Timo Wenger" emoji28.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

long ago I almost typed Wenger instead of Werner, lololo

but I am dyslexic and I was drunkish

Got to watch him vs Dortmund. He doesn't touch the ball enough to judge but he looks quite average on the ball. 
His passing and his technique are not that great. His main assets are speed, movement and his shooting skills (apart from 1 vs 1 situations)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk