Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

11. Timo Werner


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jason said:

The Bayern US account seems fine. Not sure about the EN one. 

It's less the social media accounts and more to do with the arrogance of the ex players and those running the club to be honest.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

Really taking the piss now 

he has a real mentality off the field but also different level on it. Hard doesn't faze him, but he's a killer, he is going to get tons of goals this season.

Posted Images

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

It's less the social media accounts and more to do with the arrogance of the ex players and those running the club to be honest.

Oh, that I don't disagree. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Bayern fans are also horrible. They are all hating on Werner because they think RB is better than us

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

They should be blaming Hasan Salihamidzic instead really. He was the one who decided to pull the plug on the Werner deal last summer, wasn't he? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
They should be blaming Hasan Salihamidzic instead really. He was the one who decided to pull the plug on the Werner deal last summer, wasn't he? 
Yes, Hasan said that he thinks that Werner is not suited for the Lewa role because Werner would not get as much space as he gets for RBs system and he would prefer a more Lewa type of player

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killer1257 said:

Yes, Hasan said that he thinks that Werner is not suited for the Lewa role because Werner would not get as much space as he gets for RBs system and he would prefer a more Lewa type of player

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Also read somewhere that Hansi Flick wanted him too but the bridge had been burned by then. Oh well, too bad for those bullies!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

The German clubs like to banter on Twitter. Can't mess with them. :lol: 

5eeb401269139_2020-06-18(2).png.c3d30c6a4acc94f5cfd7f05e0f887888.png

This one was funny too. Arsenal sold Gnabry to Werder Bremen. He scored a hattrick for Germany and they took a dig at Arsenal as can be seen above. Arsenal's response was funny though. They mentioned that on the topic of hattricks and followed it up with Parlour's hattrick for Arsenal against Werder Bremen :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally man. Confirmed! Welcome Werner to the best club in London!

Our attack should majorly improve next season.

But don't stop there, sort out the defense. LB and CB are serious suspects.

Sort out at least one of these, then this is a complete turnaround from Marina and the board.

I'll then can't wait for next season. First time I'll be feeling that since 2014.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant stuff. Proper excited for next season. Great business from the club this far and fully expect more to come. To think we've got Ziyech and Werner for the cost of Pepe. Top work all involved. Super Frankie's Chelsea winning the lot next year

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stats said:

Deep this. We bought Ziyech and Werner combined for less than United paid for Maguire at £80m :lol:

 

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's also less (or thereabouts) than what Arsenal paid for Pepe and Luiz.

Also, weren't there people OKAY with paying something like 80 million for Zaha previously? We have now signed 2 better players for around that money. 

Fair enough, I happen to think that there is little chance that these players will be complete busts. For me, they each have enough quality to be, at worst, decent contributors. It is possible though that they won't produce the stellar numbers they managed with their previous clubs, or that they won't improve us enough to dent the advantage in quality Liverpool and City have over us.

A few things: -

1. Had we signed Pepe last summer we'd have been crowing how well we'd done. So...

2. Lets see what impact these two make on the pitch before we talk too much. Therefore...

3. Let's hope other fans don't have reason to boast about the quality their recruitment next summer, compared to ours now. Anyway...

4. People could play that game on us by naming some other big money signings of ours that did not work out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's also less (or thereabouts) than what Arsenal paid for Pepe and Luiz.

Also, weren't there people OKAY with paying something like 80 million for Zaha previously? We have now signed 2 better players for around that money. 

West Ham also paid the same fee for Haller....

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

 

Fair enough, I happen to think that there is little chance that these players will be complete busts. For me, they each have enough quality to be, at worst, decent contributors. It is possible though that they won't produce the stellar numbers they managed with their previous clubs, or that they won't improve us enough to dent the advantage in quality Liverpool and City have over us.

A few things: -

1. Had we signed Pepe last summer we'd have been crowing how well we'd done. So...

2. Lets see what impact these two make on the pitch before we talk too much. Therefore...

3. Let's hope other fans don't have reason to boast about the quality their recruitment next summer, compared to ours now. Anyway...

4. People could play that game on us by naming some other big money signings of ours that did not work out.

It is not a mockery of them. I am making the point more to the fact that we have signed two top players for a bargain fee. If it doesn't work out it doesn't, however the fee we have bought both for is a bargain considering how good they have been for their respective sides.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

 

Fair enough, I happen to think that there is little chance that these players will be complete busts. For me, they each have enough quality to be, at worst, decent contributors. It is possible though that they won't produce the stellar numbers they managed with their previous clubs, or that they won't improve us enough to dent the advantage in quality Liverpool and City have over us.

A few things: -

1. Had we signed Pepe last summer we'd have been crowing how well we'd done. So...

2. Lets see what impact these two make on the pitch before we talk too much. Therefore...

3. Let's hope other fans don't have reason to boast about the quality their recruitment next summer, compared to ours now. Anyway...

4. People could play that game on us by naming some other big money signings of ours that did not work out.

 

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

It is not a mockery of them. I am making the point more to the fact that we have signed two top players for a bargain fee. If it doesn't work out it doesn't, however the fee we have bought both for is a bargain considering how good they have been for their respective sides.

Exactly and *touch wood, fingers crossed*, having a 35 million or a 45 million failure is not as bad as having a 70 million flop. I mean, some of us are already saying that about Kepa...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...