Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Karl Heinz Rummenigge just said that he is disappointed in Werner that he chose us. He said that RB Leipzig are at the moment maybe a bigger club than Chelsea and Werner should have gone to Pool or City or to the big Clubs in Spain. Fuck him and Fuck Bayern.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Karl Heinz Rummenigge is a bitter old cunt. Lol at Leipzig being a bigger club.  Bayern have had a fit for years about RB, how they shouldn't even exist, how they are ruining football, how they literally are NOT EVEN A REAL CLUB.

Karl Heinz's gob needs an iron sausage stuffed into it.

I liken Werner to a bit of a throwback German player. Before the last few years, I always felt the Germans weren't the best technically (compared to the likes of Spain), but they were always ruthlessly efficient, incredibly intelligent and hard working. 

I think if you add those traits alongside his frightening pace, he'll be a very good signing for us. 

If he can hit the heights he is doing this season at Leipzig in terms of goals/assists output we'll have a player on the cusp of world class, but to be honest if he can add an extra 15 - 20 goals a season to our team it will make a huge difference compared to the goal output of Willian and Pedro this season. Especially if he plays predominantly as a wide forward and Tammy can himself still get 15 - 20 goals next season too.

I'd far rather have goals shared around a number of players than have a talisman like player scoring 30+ goals a season because it stops the team becoming reliant on one player. We've been far too reliant this season on Tammy and it's shown as the season has progressed. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that our form seemed to pick up recently where Giroud came to the fore. Ziyech and Werner at the very least should help to take some of that burden off Tammy and the squad as a whole.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Abraham plays PL, so I do not have to worry about that. He is judged on PL Level, not Bundesliga level.

There are some differences between Boga and Werner. First of all, Sassuolo is a garbage team itself (I like them though lol) and when you read my reports in Boga in that thread, I should have mentioned how bad they are and only Boga delivers and Berardi is also ok. Second of all, I would also say that Norwich beats Spal, Lecce and Brescia. Thirdly, I judge Boga based on his big games like Juventus, Roma and Inter, in which he scored great goals, while playing in a garbage team and not when he scored against Brescia. And even if I did, it is harder to score goals for Sassuolo than for Leipzig. Leipzig has some good players overall and their squad is good enough for CL. Sassuolo is garbage and their overall squad is not good enough for EL (not including Berardi and Boga)

Doesn't matter the difference in league or teams. Point is, I don't think you have spoken many positives, if at all, about the signing of Werner (even though there have been articles pin-pointing his strengths - as well as weaknesses). It's all just the bad things about him with you. But with the likes of Boga, it's all positives, it's all just the good stuff, almost as if he's the best player out there. 

:rant::rant::rant:

9 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Hmm. Wonder if Lampard will use Werner like Ancelotti used Anelka. 

I know he will. Lampard has put all is faith and trust in Tammy and I don't see that changing. Especially when you compare both Tammy and Werner as strikers. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

First, it was John Barnes and now Robbie Fowler. :lol: Gosh, those Liverpool fellas are really salty when things don't go their way, do they?  

They probably said the same thing about Mane when he signed..... or Firmino.

I do think us getting him is a real coup because 1 we get a very good player who can score us goals and 2 Liverpool dont get someone who would suit their team right to the ground as well as adding another regular source of goals. Its that simple.

If Fowler or Barnes cant see that then they are deluded. Even if he isnt as well rounded or even as talented as those 3 they have already at Liverpool, the guy is a serial goalscorer in the Bundesliga. If they lost one or two of Firmino, Salah or Mane to injury they dont have any real obvious quality replacements to sub in and they dont have anyone else scoring regularly in the other positions in their team. Shaqiri and Origi are decent but still very average and not consistent enough for a top club like Liverpool and they would get found out in a sustained run in their team.

If they can't see how he would of been a huge upgrade on them at least and gave them something then they have no idea about football and based on what theyve done since theyve stopped playing I am not surprised either 😂 even more considering Fowler was a striker so surely you would think he would have noticed watching Werner how good he can be and what he could offer any team yet alone Liverpool. But suppose he will never say Chelsea have pipped Liverpool to a top player. Even if we got someone like Mbappe 😂

Doesn't matter the difference in league or teams. Point is, I don't think you have spoken many positives, if at all, about the signing of Werner (even though there have been articles pin-pointing his strengths - as well as weaknesses). It's all just the bad things about him with you. But with the likes of Boga, it's all positives, it's all just the good stuff, almost as if he's the best player out there. 

:rant::rant::rant:

Of course difference in teams or leagues matter. I don't believe that Lewandowski would have that many scorerpoints at Paderborn. You may disagree with that.

If we want to have a LW for a 4-3-3, I would prefer having a real LW and Werner is not a real left winger. So he could play as a CF and he no CF either. He showed in German national team that he can't play that role, so he plays there as a left winger. There is a reason why Thomas Müller has to play sometimes as a CF. Not because Müller is a world class CF. Germany does not have that many options at CF and Werner did not show anything positive in that role. So Löw switched him to LW and when Sane is back, I do not see him having a chance against him in the long run.

Me personally, I would rather play Pulisic as a left winger than Werner.

I would be mad if Man United get Sancho and we start our season with Werner as a left winger. There is a huge difference in technique between those two gentleman.

And if we want to give someone a free role in our system, it has to be Ziyech because he is our most creative player.

I might be wrong in my judgement on Werner and he may become Eden Hazard level, but currently I do not see it.

Now, let's focus on some of the strenghts of Werner. The obvious one is pace. He also makes good runs, so guys like Ziyech could play killer passes to him and his pace helps to get even big time to reach many long passes. Furthermore, he can also shoot from outside the box (which Abraham not really can even at Youth level I do not remember that many outside the box goals.) He also can spot a good pass in the box and his dribbling abilities are good, but in my opinion, Puli is a better dribbler. He also has some good reaction time inside the box.

A short overview in his weaknesses:

-Needs space to shine (Boga for instance because of his dribbling skills does not need as much space. Boga's dribbling style is a copy of Hazards)

- not a physical striker(one of the reasons why he struggles as a CF. If he had better technique like Aguero, it would be easier to play CF as a non physical striker)

- his passing rate is not that good (Tammys is not better either but I expect Werner to lose more balls in PL due to the fact that PL is more physical. Werner has only 75% passing success. Boga 87% and Sancho 86%. Tammy worse with 67%, but wingers usually have it easier and Werner could lose more balls as a CF. Regardless, he needs to improve his passing also as a left winger)

- he misses many chances,but I have already showed the stats on that many times.

-winning Aerial duels is a struggle. This is only a factor if he plays CF. If he plays LW, he might even be a threat with Tammy and RLC with him lol. As a winger, he would be quite tall. In general, with a player like Reece James who can make great crosses, I would prefer having a striker that at least is tall enough to reach his crosses.

Don't get me wrong. I would love him to make it here and if he shows that he is good enough, I will happily admit that I was wrong. I was wrong on Kovacic before because I did not think that last years inconsistent performances justifiy buying him and now he is in my top three favourite Chelsea player list (1. Kante 2. RLC 3. Kova).

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I know he will. Lampard has put all is faith and trust in Tammy and I don't see that changing. Especially when you compare both Tammy and Werner as strikers. 

Well, if Abraham doesn't sign a new contract, then that is gonna change the situation...

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Of course difference in teams or leagues matter. I don't believe that Lewandowski would have that many scorerpoints at Paderborn. You may disagree with that.

If we want to have a LW for a 4-3-3, I would prefer having a real LW and Werner is not a real left winger. So he could play as a CF and he no CF either. He showed in German national team that he can't play that role, so he plays there as a left winger. There is a reason why Thomas Müller has to play sometimes as a CF. Not because Müller is a world class CF. Germany does not have that many options at CF and Werner did not show anything positive in that role. So Löw switched him to LW and when Sane is back, I do not see him having a chance against him in the long run.

Me personally, I would rather play Pulisic as a left winger than Werner.

I would be mad if Man United get Sancho and we start our season with Werner as a left winger. There is a huge difference in technique between those two gentleman.

And if we want to give someone a free role in our system, it has to be Ziyech because he is our most creative player.

I might be wrong in my judgement on Werner and he may become Eden Hazard level, but currently I do not see it.

Now, let's focus on some of the strenghts of Werner. The obvious one is pace. He also makes good runs, so guys like Ziyech could play killer passes to him and his pace helps to get even big time to reach many long passes. Furthermore, he can also shoot from outside the box (which Abraham not really can even at Youth level I do not remember that many outside the box goals.) He also can spot a good pass in the box and his dribbling abilities are good, but in my opinion, Puli is better dribbler. He also has some good reaction time inside the box.

A short overview in his weaknesses:
-Needs space to shine (Boga for instance because of his dribbling skills does not need as much space. Boga's dribbling style is a copy of Hazards)
- not a physical striker(one of the reasons why he struggles as a CF. If he had better technique like Aguero, it would be easier to play CF as a non physical striker)
- his passing rate is not that good (Tammys is not better either but I expect Werner to lose more balls in PL due to the fact that PL is more physical. Werner has only 75% passing success. Boga 87% and Sancho 86%. Tammy worse with 67%, but wingers usually have it easier and Werner could lose more balls as a CF. Nur regardless, he needs to improve his passing also as a left winger)
- he misses many chances,but I have already showed the stats on that many times.
-winning Aerial duels is a struggle. This is only a factor if he plays CF. If he plays LW, he might even be a threat with Tammy and RLC with him lol. As a winger, he would be quite tall. In general, with a player like Reece James who can make great crosses, I would prefer having a striker that at least is tall enough to reach his crosses.

Don't get me wrong. I would love him to make it here and if he shows that he is good enough, I will happily admit that I was wrong. I was wrong on Kovacic before because I did not think that last years inconsistent performances justifiy buying him and now he is in my top three favourite Chelsea player list (1. Kante 2. RLC 3. Kova).

tenor.gif?itemid=14886269

20 hours ago, Jason said:

"Could be next week, could be at end of Bundelsiga season or when Leipzig are out of the CL."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

tenor.gif

His release clause expires in 8 days so it has to be next week.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

His release clause expires in 8 days so it has to be next week.

The point there is the timing of the announcement. Both clubs and player would obviously have to sort everything out by June 15 but they don't have to announce it yet if they don't want to, although I don't see what's the point in that. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

The point there is the timing of the announcement. Both clubs and player would obviously have to sort everything out by June 15 but they don't have to announce it yet if they don't want to, although I don't see what's the point in that. 

Well we will definitely know everything next week so you guys can sleep well soon. I do not really care about official presentation expect to see Marina outfit :chai: