Armando Broja

OhForAGreavsie

He is not as good as Haaland obviously, but bears a similar style to him. Both are very tall, but extremely fast. Broja's pace is extremely good for someone his height. He his developing the physical side well too. Maybe needs to work in aerial game but has all the potential to be a top all around striker.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

He is not as good as Haaland obviously, but bears a similar style to him. Both are very tall, but extremely fast. Broja's pace is extremely good for someone his height. He his developing the physical side well too. Maybe needs to work in aerial game but has all the potential to be a top all around striker.

Broja has definitely more acceleration than Haaland. Also, Broja seems to me that his aerial threat is bigger than Haalands. 

Broja currently would be probably our best striker. 

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Broja has definitely more acceleration than Haaland. Also, Broja seems to me that his aerial threat is bigger than Haalands. 

Broja currently would be probably our best striker. 

That is some appraisal. Broja is only one year younger than Haaland, does not have this ferocious will and attitude to always get inot scoring positins and is also not as clinical. But in terms of pace I would agree. Broja is one of the fastest players of that size i have ever seen. They both have this incredible athleticism without being bulky and thus being very mobile, agile and nimble for their size unlike Lukaku. But given how little the latter has done for us so far, I doubt we would be far worse off with Broja in his place. The guy averages a goal every 134mins, which is half the time lukaku needs for a goal. Surely the opposition have been worse on average, the system is different etc. But Broja actually fits our system way better. Not saying I know for sure he is good enough but from the mere characteristics of his play, Broja's relentless pressing, pace and ability to make runs in behind, he is like a big Timo without the mental handicap. I was 100% willing to jump into the cold water with Broja in summer instead of dumping 100m on the wrong player and still don't see where I was wrong.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That is some appraisal. Broja is only one year younger than Haaland, does not have this ferocious will and attitude to always get inot scoring positins and is also not as clinical. But in terms of pace I would agree. Broja is one of the fastest players of that size i have ever seen. They both have this incredible athleticism without being bulky and thus being very mobile, agile and nimble for their size unlike Lukaku. But given how little the latter has done for us so far, I doubt we would be far worse off with Broja in his place. The guy averages a goal every 134mins, which is half the time lukaku needs for a goal. Surely the opposition have been worse on average, the system is different etc. But Broja actually fits our system way better. Not saying I know for sure he is good enough but from the mere characteristics of his play, Broja's relentless pressing, pace and ability to make runs in behind, he is like a big Timo without the mental handicap. I was 100% willing to jump into the cold water with Broja in summer instead of dumping 100m on the wrong player and still don't see where I was wrong.

I agree with you. Broja is a technically better and mentally more stable version of Werner. Broja also has his weird misses occasionally, but his confidence does not get dropped that badly, especially when you compare it to Werner. Broja missed some sitters already in PL, but he still scored his goals. 

Broja reminds me of a young Fernando Torres. Does not mean he will reach his levels, but he is very promising.

Broja and Lukaku can play together. They don't have that much in common, apart from height. Broja is more agile like you said, while Lukaku is a bulldozer. Sadly, Tuchel did not try Broja out more. Hope Broja scores around 15 goals this season and then Tuchel has to give him a chance next season. Scoring 15 goals in a team like Soton is not easy

• 3 weeks later...

Southampton fans are comparing Mando with Tammy and claiming that their loanee is the better prospect. Fair enough, since I agree with them I can't argue with that. They are also comparing our youngster with Alan Shearer and speculating about signing Mando on a similar deal to the one which took Tammy to Rome. That's to say a relatively small fee and a double your money buy back clause.

I hope when Saints make that phone call no one at Chelsea will pick up. 

Think he will be back next season and go into competition with Lukaku (unless he completely throws his toys out of the pram and pushes for a loan.) 

Soton aren't getting him cheap. If anything they'll be lucky to keep Livra for another season as I can see us activating his buyback and we need WB's. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Soton aren't getting him cheap. If anything they'll be lucky to keep Livra for another season as I can see us activating his buyback and we need WB's. 

From what Southampton fans are saying our £40m buy-back option on Tino kicks in after 24 months. So, assuming that's right, if we want to try to bring him back this summer it will have to be a negotiated deal.  

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

From what Southampton fans are saying our £40m buy-back option on Tino kicks in after 24 months. So, assuming that's right, if we want to try to bring him back this summer it will have to be a negotiated deal.  

Ah, yes, I forgot about the 24 month stipulation. Well, that may mean another year. However, I do see him back here at some point. 

1 hour ago, milka said:

FI5TTa2XoAQ0rMi?format=jpg&name=360x360

I think Diego was the best of all the Roman era centre forwards so far. Even better than The Drog. None of them did the spectacular or the dramatic like Didier, but peak Diego was a better footballer than peak Drog. If Mando even approaches that level then Rom is going to be doing more interviews with Italian journalists before next season is very old.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Ah, yes, I forgot about the 24 month stipulation. Well, that may mean another year. However, I do see him back here at some point. 

While I'm sure he's grateful for the opportunity Saints have given him I wonder if he's thinking what might have been had he held his nerve.

He would have been an absolute shoe in starter at the minute.

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think Diego was the best of all the Roman era centre forwards so far. Even better than The Drog. None of them did the spectacular or the dramatic like Didier, but peak Diego was a better footballer than peak Drog. If Mando even approaches that level then Rom is going to be doing more interviews with Italian journalists before next season is very old.

How high would you rate Anelka among them?

Edited by Beigl