Armando Broja

OhForAGreavsie

19 minutes ago, Stats said:

Brilliant again. The only thing lacking was a goal. Should have scored that chance when he skipped past Maguire. Varane is one of the fastest CB in football and he went past him like he wasn't there. MOTM for me. Top game. Won his aerial battles also. All in all. Top all rounded striker.

Was a but disappointing he didn’t get that goal as that chance, those are the ones that top strikers take.

He looked very promising everywhere else though. Starting to think at this rate we may as well play him next season although another season of playing every week would be extremely beneficial.

Be interesting to see what happens in the summer but still think theres absolutely no need to rush him back if we can get a top top wide/attacking midfield player to get 10-15 goals a season but finding one of those and offloading from our current bunch will be hard. Unless the Dembele rumours are true and he somehow becomes the player he was at Dortmund. 

6 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Really good progress, needs to stay there next season.

I have this odd feeling he'll be sold to Southampton along with a buy-back clause. This would only make sense if a deal for a first team CF is lined up & we all get our wish where a certain someone is concerned.

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I have this odd feeling he'll be sold to Southampton along with a buy-back clause. This would only make sense if a deal for a first team CF is lined up & we all get our wish where a certain someone is concerned.

Agent fees and wages were an issue the first time. Assuming it’ll still be an issue the second. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Agent fees and wages were an issue the first time. Assuming it’ll still be an issue the second. 

If you are talking about incomings, we should be done chasing Haaland. I'd rather we save the hassle of him/Raiola & go after Osimhen (someone I've been raving about for long enough).

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

If you are talking about incomings, we should be done chasing Haaland. I'd rather we save the hassle of him/Raiola & go after Osimhen (someone I've been raving about for long enough).

Rather stick with Havertz & Broja and invest in some dynamic attacking wingers to replace Werner and Ziyech. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rather stick with Havertz & Broja and invest in some dynamic attacking wingers to replace Werner and Ziyech. 

We need goals, though. Getting a Raphinha in the door won't address that IMO & consistent goal getters from out wide are few & far between.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Eww, we need to stop paying for subpar players where we put them on high wages and eventually  have difficulty selling them.

Have you actually watched him play regularly in the last three years, as you couldn't be further off the mark with "subpar".

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Have you actually watched him play regularly in the last three years, as you couldn't be further off the mark with "subpar".

we have spent more money than City at this point, and the gap is significant. Last thing we need is Spurs and Arsenal level players. 

I have seen a couple Napoli game, he looks decent but will look subpar against better athletes.

21 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

we have spent more money than City at this point, and the gap is significant. Last thing we need is Spurs and Arsenal level players. 

I have seen a couple Napoli game, he looks decent but will look subpar against better athletes.

What do City have to do with us? Our issues are poor scouting & having players that aren't catered to our style. 

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Also Tammy has outscored him. Not much of a case for him when your argument is we need goal scorers. 

Far as I’m concerned our system is lacking a proper DM and attacking wingers. 

Having played 14 more games... 🙄

Edited by LAM09

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

What do City have to do with us? Our issues are poor scouting & having players that aren't catered to our style. 

I say we just don’t risk it and work with Havertz and Broja.

Broja is already PL proven and with the gap in qualitt compared to the Prem and other leagues inEurope, “PL proven” is becoming more and more of a requirement in some areas. 

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

What is our style? Which players we have signed beside Lukaku is an obvious poor fit, what are players that would be a good fit?

I do not think our attack get better with Tuchel, I have seen enough to know he poorly utilize his attacking players. Not saying they are world beaters. 

That is why I think we should prioritize Haaland, type of talent that can overcome Tuchel shortcomings.

On 13/02/2022 at 21:58, MoroccanBlue said:

I say we just don’t risk it and work with Havertz and Broja.

Broja is already PL proven and with the gap in qualitt compared to the Prem and other leagues inEurope, “PL proven” is becoming more and more of a requirement in some areas. 

I'm not sure how I'm coming across, but despite the latter lacking in terms of finishing, I want the same thing. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

23 hours ago, Clockwork said:

What is our style? Which players we have signed beside Lukaku is an obvious poor fit, what are players that would be a good fit?

I do not think our attack get better with Tuchel, I have seen enough to know he poorly utilize his attacking players. Not saying they are world beaters. 

That is why I think we should prioritize Haaland, type of talent that can overcome Tuchel shortcomings.

High pressing for starters. Tuchel has two windows proper windows since joining & look who we signed. Hakimi would have fitted like a glove & would have added depth in a position/positions that have effectively cost us this season, in the league at least. 

I do agree that Tuchel has poorly utilised some of our players (something I've previously discussed) and needlessly playing them out of position to our detriment. It's something a number of players have started to bring up as well.

On the topic of Haaland, if we push for him again, what's happening with Lukaku to facilitate such a move?  

(Video): Frank Lampard talks about Armando Broja’s quality

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2022/02/video-frank-lampard-talks-about-armando-brojas-quality/

Armando-Broja-Southampont.jpg

Frank Lampard got an important win in his new role as Everton manager last weekend against Leeds, and he’s now got to follow it up against Southampton this weekend.

One man who will be out to stop him is Armando Broja, who’s tearing it up for the Saints recently. Lamps was asked what he made of the striker, who was still in the youth ranks when he was manager.

He said he was well aware of his quality, and knew Everton would have a job on their hands keeping him off the scoresheet.

You can see the former Chelsea boss speaking in the clip embedded here:

• 2 weeks later...