TRAVELLING

NikkiCFC

On 3/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Heard many great things about south of Spain. Some friends recommended me Andalusia. 

I've been only in Madrid in Spain. Fantastic place. Didn't go to Bernabeu. 

Iceland? Try with WizzAir. They should have cheap flights. 

You should visit Sevilla in the mid july/aug. 40 degrees with no sea or anything and restaurants open after 5pm. Almost a dream place to live:D

Its realy nice city though.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

You should visit Sevilla in the mid july/aug. 40 degrees with no sea or anything and restaurants open after 5pm. Almost a dream place to live:D

Its realy nice city though.

I will put it on my list after this nightmare ends :yes:

I bet is much easier to travel to other places in Europe living in Europe. 

As for me it's much easier to hit central and south america. 

Recently been to Panama, Honduras and Colombia. 

Panama city is like a small Miami. 

Honduras I was by the coast, la Ceiba. Honduras can be dangerous but that area was relative quiet and peaceful. 

Colombia just went to Barranquilla. I did not explore much since at that time I did Lasik eye surgery. But next time looking forward to go to Cartagena. 

For Europe I would look forward to that maybe in a year or two. Two sounds more like it since next year I have plans to go back to Honduras and Colombia. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I bet is much easier to travel to other places in Europe living in Europe. 

As for me it's much easier to hit central and south america. 

Recently been to Panama, Honduras and Colombia. 

Panama city is like a small Miami. 

Honduras I was by the coast, la Ceiba. Honduras can be dangerous but that area was relative quiet and peaceful. 

Colombia just went to Barranquilla. I did not explore much since at that time I did Lasik eye surgery. But next time looking forward to go to Cartagena. 

For Europe I would look forward to that maybe in a year or two. Two sounds more like it since next year I have plans to go back to Honduras and Colombia. 

I need to see Rio one day. Even if I die because its dangerous apparently😂 

And cuba. Already had plane tickets and everything but it was cancelled because hurricanes 😒

On 31/03/2020 at 2:10 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Around 10 years ago I went for 7 days trip to Budapest-Vienna-Prague. Vienna is number one for me here with Prague second. But yeah, all great cities.

How did you like Berlin?

I really liked it! Think cause got all that history as well..bad and crazy as it is. 

The East side gallery was lovely to see! Very artistic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sicily will PAY half the price of tourists' flights, a third of their hotel bill and give away free tickets for museums in bid to lure back holidaymakers after lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8253209/Sicily-PAY-half-price-tourists-flights-bid-lure-holidaymakers-lockdown.html

For one of the most beautiful places in the world is it worth it?

On 4/16/2020 at 3:55 PM, Fernando said:

I met many Americans travelling Europe in summers...

They usually go to as many places as possible. Visiting six, seven, even more countries in a couple of weeks.

Where are you planning to go? 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I met many Americans travelling Europe in summers...

They usually go to as many places as possible. Visiting six, seven, even more countries in a couple of weeks.

Where are you planning to go? 

Switzerland is one of my top places I want to visit. It looks so nice certain regions. 

As well Turkey, I would like to visit a lot of the biblical places as Turkey is like the cradle of Christianity. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Switzerland is one of my top places I want to visit. It looks so nice certain regions. 

As well Turkey, I would like to visit a lot of the biblical places as Turkey is like the cradle of Christianity. 

Italy is must I guess if you are into religion...

• 4 weeks later...

Greece to reopen to tourists on June 15

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/greece-reopen-tourists-june-15-coronavirus/index.html

Italy Plans to Reopen to Travelers on June 3—but Not to Americans

Great news for tourists!

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Unionjack

Whenever you feel inspired this is the thread for you...

LOL Chance would be a fine thing! It would be great to just shoot off right now but cant see it happening.

The Mrs is from Israel and we want to go over for a few weeks.Never been but have met so many Israelis over the years especially in India that Ive always fancied a visit. So MAYBE thats the next goto place. I know I need some sand and warm water!

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOL Chance would be a fine thing! It would be great to just shoot off right now but cant see it happening.

The Mrs is from Israel and we want to go over for a few weeks.Never been but have met so many Israelis over the years especially in India that Ive always fancied a visit. So MAYBE thats the next goto place. I know I need some sand and warm water!

Yeah, it is annoying this thing with Covid. I was hoping Sicily this summer but no chance.

How is Gran Canaria in December? Not sure you were there in winter?

When we used to go work seasons there we went in late November till March time. Thats when its like tourist time. Like Clacton with better looking people and better weather. But excellent for single people looking for fun. The gay scenes really taken off since I used to go. Only used to have a few days when they had Gay pride and have a great dress up time where everyones completely off their heads. Great laugh. But most of the time otherwise it was kinda frowned on or just not mentioned. Now you got male prostitutes quite openly marching around. So theres been a change in the tourism. No skin off my nose but the families stay away from certain areas where they used to go.

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

@ZAPHOD2319

Hawaii impressions? 

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but my take as a person who loves the outdoors, is that it's breathtaking. I say this as someone who hails from a place with a lot of cool terrain.

Each of the 7 islands of Hawaii is unique. I went to the big island (that it's unofficial name lol) and found lots to do in just 10 days I was there. Beaches, volcanic desert, snow capped peaks, tropical forests, temperate forests, valleys, waterfalls,..just lots to unpack.

10/10 would recommend, and just waiting to go back. 

I grew up on the big Island, graduated from Pahoa High School. This trip was to Oahu and stayed at Waikiki beach. I often spent a few weeks to a month with my mom’s best friend 1/2 mile from our hotel. It was the first time I took my wife and son, so it was really special to show them all the places I grew up going to. It was a wonderful to hike Diamond Head and see it has not changed at all, as far as the trail hike to the summit. 
Honolulu’s skyline has changed, but the vibe and friendliness of the people is still as beautiful as ever. The food is awesome, I had my good friends and neighbors, along with my son’s girlfriend with us and they really loved the local food, especially all the different types of Poke. They could not believe how yummy octopus Poke is. I took them to a Chinese restaurant that has been there forever and they said it was the best Chinese food they have ever had. First time they have had crispy noodle. The trip was my son’s high school marching band performing in the Pearl Harbor Parade.

It was a wonderful visit to my home state, there is plenty of natural beauty to see, and the local people are as friendly as ever.

E6E4A9F4-7AFC-4AA5-B1CA-3770BE799235.thumb.jpeg.08ca89cebd8325d56d342441c1b46119.jpeg074E7EAC-1DFA-4B8A-9DA9-BFDDB3C7B501.thumb.jpeg.cf118352e06d013680593ab2a8acc9de.jpegDCDC4FCB-8C63-41F3-84D7-4F8E242BADE9.thumb.jpeg.ce7566dfe855d38a63487af982891ede.jpeg