TRAVELLING

NikkiCFC

With football in lockdown this forum seems dead. 

Let's discuss some other topics. 

Do you guys like to travel? 

What places did you enjoy? 

Where did you go recently? 

Where would you like to go? 

Unionjack would be great for this topic. 

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Tomoyou have been to Spain recently? Which part of Spain? 

South, spent various time in Alicante, Valencia and Barcelona. Went to Milan in the middle for a few days aswell purely to see the San Siro (as it's being demolished soon).

As for where i'd love to go, Iceland appeals but it's so expensive (even a 3 day budget trip you're looking at a grand), i have tried to save for it but it's hard as the opportunity of a Chelsea match or a cheap City break comes up and i'm back to square one :lol:

18 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Have they moved it from Italy ? 

Lol, no, had a few days to fill and there were cheap flights to and from Malpensa airport (in Spain) so took them and went.

On a random note never realized you don't need a passport to go between some EU country's (Spain/Italy being two), half the passengers used ID cards at the check before the flight.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lol, no, had a few days to fill and there were cheap flights to and from Malpensa airport (in Spain) so took them and went.

On a random note never realized you don't need a passport to go between some EU country's (Spain/Italy being two), half the flights used ID cards at the check before the flight.

Yup any EU countries within the Schengen area you don't need to show passports. 

Didn't know they were demolishing San Siro -saw us totally dominate there and lose 2-1

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup any EU countries within the Schengen area you don't need to show passports. 

Didn't know they were demolishing San Siro -saw us totally dominate there and lose 2-1

AC and Inter are getting a brand new modern stadium. Was suppose to be 2022 IIRC but the pandemic may cause a delay.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

AC and Inter are getting a brand new modern stadium. Was suppose to be 2022 IIRC but the pandemic may cause a delay.

Think you're right the virus will put a lot on hold for quite a while. Shame in a way it's going- there were 85 000 there watching Kalou :P, I also miss the old Highbury and WHL as well, but that's just nostalgia :)

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

South, spent various time in Alicante, Valencia and Barcelona. Went to Milan in the middle for a few days aswell purely to see the San Siro (as it's being demolished soon).

As for where i'd love to go, Iceland appeals but it's so expensive (even a 3 day budget trip you're looking at a grand), i have tried to save for it but it's hard as the opportunity of a Chelsea match or a cheap City break comes up and i'm back to square one :lol:

Heard many great things about south of Spain. Some friends recommended me Andalusia. 

I've been only in Madrid in Spain. Fantastic place. Didn't go to Bernabeu. 

Iceland? Try with WizzAir. They should have cheap flights. 

Do you guys like to travel? I did..

What places did you enjoy? Prague. Very very pretty. Plus the 80s place we found was fun 

Where did you go recently? Last year Berlin..Dublin and Brussels. This month going to the shops has been like a holiday! Breaking freeeeee

Where would you like to go? Anywhere!!!! 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Heard many great things about south of Spain. Some friends recommended me Andalusia. 

I've been only in Madrid in Spain. Fantastic place. Didn't go to Bernabeu. 

Iceland? Try with WizzAir. They should have cheap flights. 

Alicante is great although in small doses, there's not a great deal to do once you've hit the beach and the Santa Barbara Castle. I have a social network there so I was okay but if you do it as a lone traveller I wouldn't recommend more than two nights. Its fantastic if you are looking for a cheap messy holiday with freinds however, bottle of beer at the shops is one euro, bottle of sangria around about two, and there's a couple of bars that do shots for 50 cent. I was genuinely having nights out for 20-30 Euro (although I was on an organised pub crawl where after the initial payment I didn't have to pay for entry anywhere).

Valencia was incredible also but for some reason never really hit it off with Barcelona, possibly because it coincidenced with the most stressful time of my trip.

One City I would reccomend strongly is Lisbon, there's a shit load of things to do aswell as for the football fan two beautiful stadiums to visit (Benfica are in the next generation technology wise).

Regarding Iceland, the flights aren't the problem it's more living when you get there. Pints, food, activities even Hostels and the transport from the airport to the centre of Reykjavik are obscene, from the research I've done it makes London look like a City for the pennypincher.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, Laylabelle said:

Do you guys like to travel? I did..

What places did you enjoy? Prague. Very very pretty. Plus the 80s place we found was fun 

Where did you go recently? Last year Berlin..Dublin and Brussels. This month going to the shops has been like a holiday! Breaking freeeeee

Where would you like to go? Anywhere!!!! 

Around 10 years ago I went for 7 days trip to Budapest-Vienna-Prague. Vienna is number one for me here with Prague second. But yeah, all great cities.

How did you like Berlin?

On 3/30/2020 at 6:25 AM, Tomo said:

Alicante is great although in small doses, there's not a great deal to do once you've hit the beach and the Santa Barbara Castle. I have a social network there so I was okay but if you do it as a lone traveller I wouldn't recommend more than two nights. Its fantastic if you are looking for a cheap messy holiday with freinds however, bottle of beer at the shops is one euro, bottle of sangria around about two, and there's a couple of bars that do shots for 50 cent. I was genuinely having nights out for 20-30 Euro (although I was on an organised pub crawl where after the initial payment I didn't have to pay for entry anywhere).

Valencia was incredible also but for some reason never really hit it off with Barcelona, possibly because it coincidenced with the most stressful time of my trip.

One City I would reccomend strongly is Lisbon, there's a shit load of things to do aswell as for the football fan two beautiful stadiums to visit (Benfica are in the next generation technology wise).

Regarding Iceland, the flights aren't the problem it's more living when you get there. Pints, food, activities even Hostels and the transport from the airport to the centre of Reykjavik are obscene, from the research I've done it makes London look like a City for the pennypincher.

Restore memories. 

• 2 weeks later...

I spent many summers in Greece. Such a magical place! One life is not enough just to visit all Greek islands :wub: 

Not sure what is going to happen with this summer season. Some are positive that we will be able to travel but nothing official for now...

I know we have same members from Greece. @BlueSunshine being one. And @cosmicway Any inside info? What your authorities say? 

On 09/04/2020 at 1:39 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I spent many summers in Greece. Such a magical place! One life is not enough just to visit all Greek islands :wub: 

Not sure what is going to happen with this summer season. Some are positive that we will be able to travel but nothing official for now...

I know we have same members from Greece. @BlueSunshine being one. And @cosmicway Any inside info? What your authorities say? 

I don't know really.
We are waiting for the daily covid bullletin now. They say things are gong relatively well in Greece (in Serbia too I hear).
If things return to normal in Greece, to reestablish contact with the rest of the world will take longer I imagine.
Maybe next year.
The Greek islands I have visited are Crete, Rhodes, Samos, Ikaria, Patmos, Corfu, Egina and for a few hours maybe some others I forget.
I spent the last two summer vacations in Ikaria but this year I doubt.