Coronaviral

Vesper

Having mine on Tuesday.

Apart from those with medical conditions, I'd make it compulsory for everyone to have one. There should be no need for doing that because everyone knows the jab is saving so many lives of our citizens. Simple as that!

Nope still waiting for the age group...

Work in a nursery and a few months ago it was posted we came under Social care so could book. Except it was a mistake lol. Followed it on Facebook some people got jabbed others told to jog on till its their time. Woopsie.

Ready for May 17th!!! This weather doesn't suit being outside! Pub gardens with wind ain't the fun time

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Nope still waiting for the age group...

Work in a nursery and a few months ago it was posted we came under Social care so could book. Except it was a mistake lol. Followed it on Facebook some people got jabbed others told to jog on till its their time. Woopsie.

Ready for May 17th!!! This weather doesn't suit being outside! Pub gardens with wind ain't the fun time

Shocking how they dont consider working in a nursery as 'social care'. 🤬

Funny after the first lockdown the two jobs that were allowed back to work first were cleaners and nannies. The backbone of the jelly  Johnson and the Etonian class.

There are the deniers.
Strange folk.
I can understand how people behaved during the great plague, the  years of the knights of Brancaleone.
If you escaped the castle and the archers outside, you were free - unless you somehow caught the plague during the last hours before the escape.
But now ?
Most of the deniers are right wing nuts but we also have many lefty deniers, because the medical person in charge of the prevention-vaccination program is not one from their party.
The typical denier is a fruitcake beyond repair.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Here you get around 22 pounds for getting vaccine 😆

Lucky Serbians.
Vaccines should cost 17 pounds per dose.
I don't care if they are produced in peoples factories or in private factories but there should be a charge.
The average person who goes to the vaccination centre consumes on his way 25 hamburgers and 25 iced coffees.

Still waiting for my first vaccine dose...

I know they have said the vaccine isn't 100% foolproof but it's kinda concerning to see quite a number of fully vaccinated individuals getting the virus, at least at where I am at. 😬

3 hours ago, Jas said:

Still waiting for my first vaccine dose...

I know they have said the vaccine isn't 100% foolproof but it's kinda concerning to see quite a number of fully vaccinated individuals getting the virus, at least at where I am at. 😬

We need to accept the vaccine is protection against the virus, not a cure for it.

As the scientists have repeatedly said, we're going to have to get use to living with it like we do with the Flu. There are years when we lose 20,000 + to Flu and nobody bats an eyelid. In time, we'll grow to accept the very sad. loses to the virus as well. 

Overall, its been an incredible, unprecedented  effort to develop the vaccines and get them rolled out so quickly.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I am in 20s tho. Don't know many friends who are like let's take it. Maybe if it's necessary to travel. 

With respect Nikki, it shouldn't be a question of it being worth people of your age having it to protect you. You're very highly unlikely to fall seriously ill if you do catch it, let alone die from it. BUT, what about catching it and passing it onto someone in the vunerable groups who might well die from it?

If the younger generations don't take up the offer of the vaccine, then that will mean the levels of infection will be higher than they could otherwise be and that inevitably means more deaths.

I know we live in a Liberal society and i'm  very thankful for that. But there comes a time when a government should use its powers and order people to do something for the greater good of all it's people.

1 hour ago, chippy said:

We need to accept the vaccine is protection against the virus, not a cure for it.

Of course and I will take it when my time comes but what I meant to say is for vaccines (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) that have an efficacy rate of 95%, there seems to be a tad too many people who get infected despite having been fully vaccinated. 

On 08/05/2021 at 13:24, Fulham Broadway said:

Shocking how they dont consider working in a nursery as 'social care'. 🤬

Funny after the first lockdown the two jobs that were allowed back to work first were cleaners and nannies. The backbone of the jelly  Johnson and the Etonian class.

It's silly. Still wonder who announced it. If was a Facebook thing or someone said it and took off from there.. woops!! Least in theory soon can get it for real! 

Yep!!! We did have some parents say sorry to us that we were open so they could work. Bit aws that's nice but not your fault!

Though working through it has helped a lot really. I know some people who been at home working and now going back to the office who are worried. Whereas if been working throughout..getting coughed and sneezed on lol..it dont matter.

On 08/05/2021 at 22:08, Jas said:

Of course and I will take it when my time comes but what I meant to say is for vaccines (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) that have an efficacy rate of 95%, there seems to be a tad too many people who get infected despite having been fully vaccinated. 

Its a tiny, tiny percentage from the 35 million + vaccinations in the UK. Futhermore, those who do contract it again will have milder symptoms than their first bout of it. 

I don't even want to think about what kind of state the world would be heading towards without these vaccines. Those incredible people who worked round the clock to develop the vaccines can't be praised enough. They literally saved our world as we know it!

On 08/05/2021 at 22:08, Jas said:

Cases are pretty irrelevant at this stage, the most important metric is hospital admissions and death's and all the evidence is pointing to the vaccines protecting against it more than even the most optimistic scientist's would have dared believe possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt Hancock defends care home plan that 'killed thousands' and claims it was the only option

The Health Secretary said it "wasn't possible" to test all patients who left hospital into care homes last March. But he dodged questions on whether he lied to Boris Johnson about when that testing would be set up

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-matt-hancock-care-homes-24200147

He repeatedly dodged saying directly whether he lied to the Prime Minister about the timing

Matt Hancock tonight defended a care home testing regime that is accused of killing frail and elderly Brits in their droves - claiming there was simply no other option.

The Health Secretary claimed "it wasn't possible" to test everyone leaving hospital into care homes during a crucial month between mid-March and April 15 last year.

In that fatal month, Covid-19 "seeded" into some homes as a flood of elderly patients were discharged from hospital to make room for urgent cases.

The Health Secretary responded after Dominic Cummings accused him of "lying", by promising new care home admissions WOULD be tested - only for it to still not be happening after a month.

And the Mirror's Political Editor Pippa Crerar confronted him with the damning testimony of families who said they lost relatives to exactly that policy.

One, who lost her mum, told the Mirror: "Nothing he said surprised me at all, it just showed the general chaos and lack of information in Government. I feel like my mum is one of the tens of thousands of people who didn't need to die."