Hakim Ziyech

Jase

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hakim Ziyech and the six players who could take on Chelsea's No.10 shirt if Willian leaves

Willian looks on course to leave Chelsea this summer once his contract expires and that may mean there is a scramble for the famous No.10 shirt at Stamford Bridge

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/hakim-ziyech-chelsea-shirt-number-18306155

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

How Will Hakim Ziyech Fit at Chelsea?

Awesome piece. 

I like the suggestion of Kante in the 4-3-3 where he might not need to push higher and sit back. 

That might be suitable for the balance of the whole team.  

• 2 weeks later...

Lampard on plans for Werner and Ziyech arrivals...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/30/frank-lampard-reveals-chelsea-plans-for-hakim-ziyech-and-timo-we?cardIndex=0-1

‘I’m in the process of arranging those plans now.’ 

‘They’re both in different positions in the fact that Hakim hasn’t played for a long time because of the Dutch league situation [being abandoned and declared void in April] and obviously Timo finished at the weekend.

‘We will formulate a plan for them which will look slightly different individually. I’ll decide in the meantime how it looks at the training ground, whether that means mixing with the squad or whether it means some physical work in the shorter-term.’

‘In terms of these two players, we have to make sure they arrive with good fitness and freshness levels for next season.

‘They will have a longer break than the players we’ve already got in the squad so I’ll take that firmly into account and when I feel it’s the right time to bring them in and around the squad this season, I can do that. If not, the absolute priority is making sure they’re ready for next season.’

It was announced earlier today that people arriving in England from more than 50 countries will no longer need to quarantine from July 10. Think the Netherlands are on the list. Germany certainly are.