• Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Alonso and Pulisic are out injured.

In fact, Pulisic is out for a few weeks with a tendon injury.

If ever we needed CHO to spark into life and show some form it's now.

To be honest, I would be inclined to play a 3 of CHO, Mount and Willian against Burnley but with Willian on the left and CHO on the right.

Willian has had a couple of great games on the left side (particularly recently the Spurs game) and CHO looked better in the last game on the right. I think at present when he plays on the left it's predictable that he's cutting inside and has little support from the full back to provide a decoy. On the right side he can be a bit less predictable with his wing play which will help him gain form and confidence in the short term and if Reece James plays at right back he also has a genuine threat from the full back to aid him also.

• Like 1
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those three don't work together as a trio. Furthermore Mount is a tempo setter, it was no coincidence we dropped off Vs Brighton after he was replaced.

3pts + a clean sheet at home AND vesper compliments Barkley.  What a day.  Come on you Blues!!!  

Yeah but he's still shit - imagine what a proper CMF could do 👍

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If ever we needed CHO to spark into life and show some form it's now.

To be honest, I would be inclined to play a 3 of CHO, Mount and Willian against Burnley but with Willian on the left and CHO on the right.

Willian has had a couple of great games on the left side (particularly recently the Spurs game) and CHO looked better in the last game on the right. I think at present when he plays on the left it's predictable that he's cutting inside and has little support from the full back to provide a decoy. On the right side he can be a bit less predictable with his wing play which will help him gain form and confidence in the short term and if Reece James plays at right back he also has a genuine threat from the full back to aid him also.

Might even see Pedro starting games!

We have Burnley (h), Newcastle (a), Arsenal (h), Hull (a) and Leicester (a) to come before the mini winter break.

PL HOME record vs Burnley since 2014/15:

D 1-1

W 3-0

L 2-3

D 2-2

PL AWAY record vs Burnley since 2014/15:

W 3-1

D 1-1

W 2-1

W 4-2

:carlo: 

Hate Sean Dyche, hate most of their players, hope we fucking smash them. Prepared to be reaaaaally annoyed that we lay another egg, though.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hate Sean Dyche, hate most of their players, hope we fucking smash them. Prepared to be reaaaaally annoyed that we lay another egg, though.

IF we lose to these cunts it really is panic time

not joking at all

REMEMBER WHEN... THE BLUES BLEW BURNLEY AWAY

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/11/remember-when----the-blues-blew-burnley-away?cardIndex=0-2

Eden Hazard was at the centre of things when Burnley came to town early in 2016/17, as club historian Rick Glanvill recalls here...

Back in August 2016 this fixture signalled what quickly appeared to be a false dawn for Antonio Conte’s new regime. Freshly-promoted Burnley were only the second league visitors to Stamford Bridge that season and they were brimming with confidence after shocking Liverpool 2-0 at Turf Moor, despite just 25 per cent possession of the ball.

Their coach Sean Dyche had already scouted Conte’s version of the Blues. ‘I think that the manager will make a difference and the way they play will be slightly different,’ he predicted. ‘However I don’t think it will be a drastic change.’

There were personnel tweaks too at the Bridge, of course. A few weeks earlier N’Golo Kante and Michy Batshuayi had made their bow for the Blues, while Cesc Fabregas’s magic hat seemed out of favour and Willian had been troubled with a calf injury.

Instead Chelsea’s creative inspiration against the Lancastrian visitors came from a revitalised Eden Hazard. The Belgian opened the scoring inside 10 minutes, tearing towards the Burnley rearguard then steering a shot into the corner, and he was the dominant figure throughout.

snip

What I want

Kepa

James

Rudiger

Tomori

Azpi (can't stomach any more Emerson)

Jorginho

Kova

Mount

Odoi

Willian

Tammy

What I'm expecting

Kepa

Azpi

Rudiger

Zouma

Emerson

Jorginho

Kovacic

Kante

Mount

Willian

Tammy

Back to back home wins would be a nice sight. Burnley HAVE been dreadful for some time now, but we know that goes out the window at the Bridge this season.

Just need the 3 points regardless of anything else today.