Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-0 Nottingham Forest


Jase
 Share
Followers 2

Man of the Match  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Caballero
      0
    • James
      6
    • Christensen
      0
    • Tomori
      0
    • Emerson
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Barkley
      0
    • Pedro
      0
    • Hudson-Odoi
      3
    • Batshuayi
      0
    • Mount (sub)
      0
    • Lamptey (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Was there for both games, Wembley and Old Trafford:D 

Was a few years before I started going to football. My first game the 1973 FA Cup quarter final replay, away at Arsenal. That was a few days after The King had scored this volley, which turned out to be BBC goal of the season. This was the first goal in the original game at The Bridge.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BATS IS DOGSHIT!!!!!!! HE COULD HAVE FOUR FUCKING GOALS SO FAR

Nah you can throw Barkley in there as well. Ruben fit Barkley won’t see the light of day

17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Was a few years before I started going to football. My first game the 1973 FA Cup quarter final replay, away at Arsenal. That was a few days after The King had scored this volley, which turned out to be BBC goal of the season, in the original tie at The Bridge.

 

 

2-2 for the FA cup. I watched that one from Matthew Harding. Arsenal equalized with a fluke scored by Charlie George.
In the replay I was shut out at Highbury - Queued for half an hour then shut out. We lost 1-0.
Turned back to leave the ground then found myself in the middle of a mounted police charge - against touts !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My dad was always a fan of his and said he could more than hold his own in that Chelsea defence with Chopper, Webb and McCreadie. 

I don't think any of them got the sort of reputation that Chopper earned but they were all prepared to stick the boot in when necessary (and probably sometimes when not!).

The goal he scored in the Cup Winners Cup final was something else for a centre back. Obviously wasn't alive at the time but I've seen the clips and highlights. That was a great goal.

It was a wonderful goal. The real ball playing defender in that side was Marvin Hinton. I say 'in that side' but he often found himself on the bench. These days I think he'd be the first, and possibly only, one of that group to make the side. Not a lot of actual football required from defenders in England then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

 

2-2 for the FA cup. I watched that one from Matthew Harding. Arsenal equalized with a fluke scored by Charlie George.
In the replay I was shut out at Highbury - Queued for half an hour then shut out. We lost 1-0.
Turned back to leaved then found myself in the middle of a mounted police charge - against touts !

In fact we lost 2-1 after taking the lead.

There were 63,000 at Highbury with, according to police figures, about 40,000 locked out so you were in pleanty of company, including my dad. We had pretty much given up hope of getting in when we saw the queue for what they called the boys section. I managed to get in there but he missed out of course. I often bore people with the tale of how the queue to get into the ground started in the tube carriage. It continued all along the platform, all the way up the escalator, which had been turned off, and on out into the street. It was mayhem.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In fact we lost 2-1 after taking the lead.

There were 63,000 at Highbury with, according to police figures, about 40,000 locked out so you were in pleanty of company, including my dad. We had pretty much given up hope of getting in when we saw the queue for what they called the boys section. I managed to get in there but he missed out of course. I often bore people with the tale of how the queue to get into the ground started in the tube carriage. It continued all along the platform, all the way up the escalator, which had been turned off, and on out into the street. It was mayhem.

I 'm sure it was 1-0 the replay to Arsenal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Did he deserve it?

No unprovoked attack by Leeds fans him and his mates weren't the kind to back down. The police were no fans of cockneys in those days.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I 'm sure it was 1-0 the replay to Arsenal.

No 2-1 I guarantee you. After we took the lead I was waving my 'silk' Chelsea scarf in the faces of all those Arsenal urchins until one said, "That's enough now mate." My brilliant mathematical skills enabled me to work out that, not only was he bigger than 12 year old me, but there were a hell of a lot of 'em and nowhere to run. I stopped waving the scarf and shut my gob. :)

Don't remember the detail of their second goal but their equaliser was from a penalty.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It was a wonderful goal. The real ball playing defender in that side was Marvin Hinton. I say 'in that side' but he often found himself on the bench. These days I think he'd be the first, and possibly only, one of that group to make the side. Not a lot of actual football required from defenders in England then.

Although I can't stand the bloke Alan Hudson used to do a Q&A in the MH stand in the mid 90's he said Marvin Hinton was the best player he ever played against and Bruce Rioch was the dirtiest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Although I can't stand the bloke Alan Hudson used to do a Q&A in the MH stand in the mid 90's he said Marvin Hinton was the best player he ever played against and Bruce Rioch was the dirtiest.

Ossie was great. He missed the 1970 world cup because of leg injury, then in 1974 Sir Alf was not counting on him.
In the cup winners cup team the great stars were Ossie, Cooke, Hudson, Wilkins and Hollins.
Could have swept everything at home / Europe but did n't do so because of great economic problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Although I can't stand the bloke Alan Hudson used to do a Q&A in the MH stand in the mid 90's he said Marvin Hinton was the best player he ever played against and Bruce Rioch was the dirtiest.

Unfortunately, I have no sympathy for Huddy either.

I know his situation made him desperate but he spent a lot of time criticising Chelsea for not helping him when he was in dire straights; behaving almost as if the club owed him and never showing any gratitude for what help they did give him. Like that hospitality work for example. I loved Huddy as a player and could perhaps have forgiven him all of that, but for the 2002 Cup Final. He was doing punditry and said that he hoped Arsenal would win. It would have been fair enough if he had said that he thought Arsenal would come out on top, we all thought that. Indeed he did say that, but went too far by going on to say he actually wanted Chelsea to loose. How dare he consider himself a part of the Chelsea family after that, and return to complaining through the media, and in a book, that the club should help him more.

 

P.S. Marvin was a real good player who was badly underrated because getting the ball down and playing wasn't what people wanted from defenders in those days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It was a wonderful goal. The real ball playing defender in that side was Marvin Hinton. I say 'in that side' but he often found himself on the bench. These days I think he'd be the first, and possibly only, one of that group to make the side. Not a lot of actual football required from defenders in England then.

He was one of my Favs of the era Suave Marv:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Ossie was great. He missed the 1970 world cup because of leg injury, then in 1974 Sir Alf was not counting on him.
In the cup winners cup team the great stars were Ossie, Cooke, Hudson, Wilkins and Hollins.
Could have swept everything at home / Europe but did n't do so because of great economic problems.

Ossie played in the 1970 World Cup. From memory it was only one or two substitute appearances but he definitely played.

The 1970-71 Cup Winners Cup was too early for Butch Wilkins. He made his debut in the mid 70's.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ossie played in the 1970 World Cup. From memory it was only one or two substitute appearances but he definitely played.

The 1970-71 Cup Winners Cup was too early for Butch Wilkins. He made his debut in the mid 70's.

Yew Wilkins was n't.
But during Mexico Ossie had a broken leg. Did n't he ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Yew Wilkins was n't.
But during Mexico Ossie had a broken leg. Did n't he ?

As Greavsie said Ossie did play at the world cup 70. Absolute travesty picking Geoff Astle instead of Ossie we definitely wouldn't have lost to Germany with Ossie playing. He broke his leg about 66 not absolutely sure of the year but I do know that scouse prick Emlyn Hughes was standing over him laughing while Ossie was in agony.

See the source image

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Yew Wilkins was n't.
But during Mexico Ossie had a broken leg. Did n't he ?

He broke his leg in '66 I believe. People who saw him then said he was never the same afterward. It may be so but I've seen many, many, many examples of people blaming their initial overrating of a player on a convenient injury rather than face up to their own misjudgement, so it might also be that. There were only two Chelsea players in the 1970 squad so I'm 100% sure Ossie was out there. (Now checked and he played twice in Mexico, both times as a sub.)

A glimpse of The King before the leg break.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He broke his leg in '66 I believe. People who saw him then said he was never the same afterward. It may be so but I've seen many, many, many examples of people blaming their initial overrating of a player on a convenient injury rather than face up to their own misjudgement, so it might also be that. There were only two Chelsea players in the 1970 squad so I'm 100% sure Ossie was out there. (Now checked and he played twice in Mexico, both times as a sub.)

A glimpse of The King before the leg break.

 

looooove the finishing line....

'And so Chelsea knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup!' :wub:

 

make it so again!!!

 

btw, the pitch was just pure mud, it is crazy how poor the playing surfaces were back then

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

As Greavsie said Ossie did play at the world cup 70. Absolute travesty picking Geoff Astle instead of Ossie we definitely wouldn't have lost to Germany with Ossie playing. He broke his leg about 66 not absolutely sure of the year but I do know that scouse prick Emlyn Hughes was standing over him laughing while Ossie was in agony.

See the source image

Osgood's broken leg was suffered in a challenge by Blackpool's Emlyn Hughes in the League Cup on 5 October 1966.

more general highlights

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

As Greavsie said Ossie did play at the world cup 70. Absolute travesty picking Geoff Astle instead of Ossie we definitely wouldn't have lost to Germany with Ossie playing. He broke his leg about 66 not absolutely sure of the year but I do know that scouse prick Emlyn Hughes was standing over him laughing while Ossie was in agony.

See the source image

Yep wasn't it agains't blackpool before the scouse cunt went to victimpool

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...