• Barkley
    • Pulisic
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Anjorin (sub)
    • Maatsen (sub)

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im going to bring it up again at some point but I created an article about 4 years ago asking if our academy will eventually help us dominate English football? It wasn't just on a hunch it was based on what I heard about the lads still to come to the fore (at that point the guys we're seeing now) and was laughed out of the room.

I will bring the subject up sometime when it feels right to see opinion now.

We are literally talking about a group of players that dominated both the domestic and European scene at youth level, for the past decade. 

In 10 years time, we could quite possibly look back and say this transfer ban was the greatest thing that ever happened to the club (aside Roman) 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

One day this season I want to see the following lineup

----------------Kepa-----------

Reece---Rüdiger-Tomori--Emerson

--------------------Kante-----------------

---------------RLC-------Mount---------

Pulisic-----------Tammy----------CHO

I have been dreaming of this exact team for a long time. I really hope Pulisic comes through, seems to have struggled a bit.

We are literally talking about a group of players that dominated both the domestic and European scene at youth level, for the past decade. 
In 10 years time, we could quite possibly look back and say this transfer ban was the greatest thing that ever happened to the club (aside Roman) 

I'd say Lampard's influence would be lauded more than anything else, if that were to happen.

We would have seen Kante starting tonight under previous management.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd say Lampard's influence would be lauded more than anything else, if that were to happen.

We would have seen Kante starting tonight under previous management.

The first team would have played!

Although, I am curious to see what kind of side will Lampard put out if we face say, Liverpool or Man City. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Although, I am curious to see what kind of side will Lampard put out if we face say, Liverpool or Man City. 

I think Liverpool will be a similar team to tonight with Kovacic or Kante in somewhere which should be enough against the type of teams Klopp puts out in the cups, especially if we get the home tie.

City is a completely different story though.

I certainly wouldn't expect as many changes, but Lampard's doesn't seem like someone that's worried about winning first & foremost.

That can be looked at in two ways.

However, this season, I'm ok with it in domestic cups.

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I certainly wouldn't expect as many changes, but Lampard's doesn't seem like someone that's worried about winning first & foremost.

That can be looked at in two ways.

However, this season, I'm ok with it in domestic cups.

I think sacrificing one season for greater good is no brainer.

Would you prefer 4th this season and 4th for next 3 (playing safe) or lets say 7th this season (integrating youth) and big chance to run for top spots within next 3 years. 

Doesnt matter if we play for results this year, some teams are simply too good right now. And the best is to just try new players and that will show who is good enough to stay for big things.

I realy believe we have a massive generation of players coming. It may sound like too soon, but Ive been vocal before the season and it only convinced me further that this crop of players will be here to stay.

Talent aside, Tammy, Odoi, Tomori, Mount, Reece absolutely have great mentality. The fact Lamps is around can only push them forward and keep on the ground. Then you have bunch of others like Ampadu, Gilmour, Castillo or Guehi along with more experienced AC and RLC. 

If I had to be bold, Id say this team will be running for PL title in few years. 

I think sacrificing one season for greater good is no brainer.
Would you prefer 4th this season and 4th for next 3 (playing safe) or lets say 7th this season (integrating youth) and big chance to run for top spots within next 3 years. 
Doesnt matter if we play for results this year, some teams are simply too good right now. And the best is to just try new players and that will show who is good enough to stay for big things.
I realy believe we have a massive generation of players coming. It may sound like too soon, but Ive been vocal before the season and it only convinced me further that this crop of players will be here to stay.
Talent aside, Tammy, Odoi, Tomori, Mount, Reece absolutely have great mentality. The fact Lamps is around can only push them forward and keep on the ground. Then you have bunch of others like Ampadu, Gilmour, Castillo or Guehi along with more experienced AC and RLC. 
If I had to be bold, Id say this team will be running for PL title in few years. 
I don't think we have to sacrifice, providing the talent we have can step up and deliver on a regular basis.

City & Liverpool won't be troubled by us for the most part but that's it. With the right balance, I believe Top 4 is more than achievable alongside the odd setback (hoping it won't be CL related).

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

One day this season I want to see the following lineup

----------------Kepa-----------

Reece---Rüdiger-Tomori--Emerson

--------------------Kante-----------------

---------------RLC-------Mount---------

Pulisic-----------Tammy----------CHO

Think with everyone fit Lampard would play this. 

Kepa

James---Rudiger---Tomori---Emerson

Kante-----Jorginho

Mount-------RLC---------CHO

Tammy

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

Kante-----Jorginho

Tammy

Maybe but Mount would be even more out of position on the right. Jorginho on the other hand is not really needed in Lamps's system IMO. We should try to use both RLC and Mount in their best positions. 

7 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I know its only Grimsby but I don't think I've felt as much bliss from a Chelsea team performance in almost a year. The investment in the academy is finally paying off. Happy for all those kids

Agreed, it was a very enjoyable night. I could have watched that for another two hours Really didn't want it to end. I do think there should be a note of caution however. A note best considered in the light of Billy Gilmour's performance.

When I nominated Billy for player of the match a bit earlier, mine was the only vote recorded for him at the time. That surprised me a lot. Even at the time of writing, there have still been just two votes cast for Billy. Reece was excellent, but Billy was better. Here's the problem though; that was by far the best I've ever seen Billy play. This suggests that there were special circumstances tonight. Things conspired to make the game very open after half-time. This gave our lads room, and they exploited it really well. Even against Grimsby however, they won't get that kind of space very often.

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Maybe but Mount would be even more out of position on the right. Jorginho on the other hand is not really needed in Lamps's system IMO. We should try to use both RLC and Mount in their best positions. 

I'd prefer CHO on the right and Mount on the left to accommodate that. 

Lampard has hinted he plans on using Ruben more forward, and that Jorginho is essential to his plans. I can see Lampard making him captain when Dave is inevitably dropped. 

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Need to be careful saying this. Right now it is easy, no pressure,no expectation. We lost few games. No problem. We concede pretty much every game still no problem. We lost easy points, no problem. 

Once this team is asked to win, then the game really start. Question will be asked on the player and the manager.

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

Kante-----Jorginho

Tammy

Are you implying we will have fully fit team?