Chelsea Women Thread

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think the away goal rule is BS in the way it is applied. The team who have the 2nd leg away has the advantage that it has 120 mins to score the away goal if necessary.

True I am still scarred by this night

On 02/05/2021 at 19:34, Magic Lamps said:

I think the away goal rule is BS in the way it is applied. The team who have the 2nd leg away has the advantage that it has 120 mins to score the away goal if necessary.

The tream that plays at home in the second leg has 120 minutes, i.e. 30 extra minutes of home advantage, to score the winning goal if necessary. Swings & roundabouts.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

On 03/05/2021 at 00:02, Magic Lamps said:

back on topic watched the re-live and can't help but see similarities in Kerr-Werner both very quick, great movement and runs, nice unselfish-passes but not so sharp finishing. Kerr is obviously a lot more clinical this season tho.

But the biggest individual issue i see with our ladies is Millie Bright. Her positioning as absolutely terrible. Worse than Zouma's. I have not seen a Chelsea match without her committing at least 3 absolutely terrible positioning errors. She frequently is found in no-mans land, jumps under headers and has been at fault for loads of goals conceded without her place in the team ever being in question. Can't really understand it. Will be a big gamble with her in defence vs Barca in the final. But at least this Chelsea team has sown it can outscore anyone and rightly play offensively. I think in womens football as long as it is played on full sized goals, teams who take a lot of shots will always be at an advantage. 

I think we have needed defensive reinforcements for several seasons and they are now imperative. One CB and one LB at a minimum. Starting quality players, not backups.

Tonight I may watch womens football game for the first time in my life.

Come on girls!

Where to watch the Women's Champions League final

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/0269-1241d2e3ceb7-df6d45a21231-1000--where-to-watch-the-final/

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Come on girls!

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/0269-1241d2e3ceb7-df6d45a21231-1000--where-to-watch-the-final/

Important to add that it is FREE to view in the UK on BT's YouTube channel and app. Also free to view outside the UK on the Chelsea website and app. Geo blocked in the UK.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Come on girls!

Great news! Barca are favourites but let's see.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Barcelona is coming off a crazy season. 25 of 25 games won 127:5 goals. I dont know anything about women's la liga, but i hope its shit^^

Until the rise of Barca Atleti, who we beat in the last sixteen, were the top Spanish outfit. Real have just started their side and are claiming they will build a side to compete at the very top but they are not there yet. As the stats suggest, Barca are very much the best in La Liga Femenina. There's no doubt that Spain's top league is not as strong as the WSL but there is also a very good chance that Barca would have won the WSL title this season if they had been in it. They are great in possession and have some outstanding individuals. Watch out for Putellas & Graham-Hansen in particular for them.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Until the rise of Barca Atleti, who we beat in the last sixteen, were the top Spanish outfit. Real have just started their side and are claiming they will build a side to compete at the very top but they are not there yet. As the stats suggest, Barca are very much the best in La Liga Femenina. There's no doubt that Spain's top league is not as strong as the WSL but there is also a very good chance that Barca would have won the WSL title this season if they had been in it. They are great in possession and have some outstanding individuals. Watch out for Putellas & Graham-Hansen in particular for them.

it is truly insane that La Liga Femenina table

85b68c693fdd2f9a90e077723f8be3ff.png