Chelsea Women Thread

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P

I am the shortie of my family, my father and brothers are all near or just over 2 metres and my mum is 1.90m or so. I looked like a baby giraffe after my spurt, roflmaooo. Still am all legs.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P

6ft 1 me I played for a couple of teams at CF a five a side team at centre back and when I got to old and wheezy went in goal for my pub team.

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

6ft 1 me I played for a couple of teams at CF a five a side team at centre back and when I got to old and wheezy went in goal for my pub team.

Had a game couple of years ago, we played all afternoon for about two and a half hours. I couldn't get out of the car when got home -seriously seized up, and couldn't walk the next day :D

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Smdh

There were some earnest geeky looking guys going into SB for a womens game - and a bunch of guys coming out the pub started singing it at them. Totally un PC I know but so funny :D

14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Had a game couple of years ago, we played all afternoon for about two and a half hours. I couldn't get out of the car when got home -seriously seized up, and couldn't walk the next day :D

One thing I have noticed recently or maybe it's been going on for years, the very first competitive game for my school team in the mid 70's from the kick off you were told you always had to pass the ball forward and from a goal kick you couldn't pass to someone in the 18 yard box. When did the rules change?. I bet there's a lot of fans on here who are to young to remember that the keeper could pick the ball up from a backpass.:)

11 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

One thing I have noticed recently or maybe it's been going on for years, the very first competitive game for my school team in the mid 70's from the kick off you were told you always had to pass the ball forward and from a goal kick you couldn't pass to someone in the 18 yard box. When did the rules change?. I bet there's a lot of fans on here who are to young to remember that the keeper could pick the ball up from a backpass.:)

13 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There were some earnest geeky looking guys going into SB for a womens game - and a bunch of guys coming out the pub started singing it at them. Totally un PC I know but so funny :D

Best chant I've heard of recently was believe it or not from those blockheads West Ham, Fulham who's fans have to be the poshest in London West Ham started singing '' Does your butler know your here ?'' :)

• 1 month later...

GETTING TO KNOW CHELSEA WOMEN: MAGDALENA ERIKSSON

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/16/getting-to-know-chelsea-women--magdalena-eriksson?cardIndex=2-1

Chelsea Women are underway with our 2019/20 campaign and in our new feature, we will be speaking to all of Emma Hayes’ squad to get to know them a bit better on and off the pitch.

Captain Magdalena Eriksson, who has been a Chelsea player since the start of 2017, tells us which team-mates she sits next to in the dressing room and what she does in her spare time…

How would you describe your playing style?

Aggressive, a tough defender who tries to be calm and composed with the ball.

Who was your favourite footballer growing up and why?

It was Carles Puyol, the defender who was at Barcelona, I really liked his style. He played with his heart and he went in for every tackle, was always reliable and was a leader.

What is your biggest achievement?

It’s hard to pick just one. All the trophies I have won at club and national team level means so much but I think coming here and winning the double was a massive achievement for me personally.

Who do you sit next to in the dressing room?

I sit at the end of row and I have Ann [Katrin Berger] on my inside. On matchdays we sit in number order so I have Adelina [Engman] usually and Fran [Kirby] on the other side.

Who do you sit with on away trips and what do you do to pass the time?

We have tables in the coaches so it’s usually me, Jonna [Andersson], Maria [Thorisdottir] and Maren [Mjelde]. The Scandies tend to sit close to each other and last time it was me Jonna and Guro [Reiten] and we played a game on our phones that we could play all together which was quite nice to pass the time.

What is the one thing you can’t live without?

I am not going to say my phone (laughs). I have a lip balm from Sweden, every time I go back to Sweden I buy the lip balm and I think I’m addicted to it and need to have it close to me all the time.

snip

pure guess, but I am fairly sure she is talking about

Hudsalve Forsvaret (which was developed by the military here in the 1950's and is so so so good (jummi vanilla)

cc0f82df23922d93bb9a41055b75ff11.png

Image result for Hudsalve Forsvaret

or Lypsyl (which is the best selling one here), although that you can find it in London fairly easily

lypsyl-original-1p-0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The Aussie Kerr is a great signing apparently, will help us win the Champions League

Yes. 5 consecutive golden boots in her leagues.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/nov/13/chelsea-women-sign-australia-striker-sam-kerr-football

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

She's a beast. Can we have her in the mens team as well ?

On 13/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

The Aussie Kerr is a great signing apparently, will help us win the Champions League

But for a missed pen in the away leg at Lyon, we may well have won it last season. We gave the five time European Champions absolutely everything they could handle. That's not me talking either, that's what Lyon fans were telling us in the bar after the second leg.

No Chelsea men's game this weekend but the women are hosting ManU in a big game at Kingsmeadow (near Kingston) on Sunday. A few standing tickets left. All seats have been sold. United have impressed me a lot so far. Their manager is the outstanding Casey Stoney and they've got some exciting players, including Reece's sister Lauren James. She's been getting rave reviews in her WSL debut season. Should be a heck of a game. If you haven't taken in a women's game yet, now's your chance.

Preview:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/11/15/fran-kirby-on-manchester-united-clash-and-her-fitness

Tickets:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/tickets---membership/buy-tickets?team=women&competition=0&pageTab=GENERAL ADMISSION&fbclid=IwAR1DllegZhpOW0baPGdRnAYelRMLVFKtyh3RlZDO0K061LK_eS540VAAnpI

:wub:

Chelsea vs Manchester United Women LIVE highlights and reaction

Man Utd Women lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the Women’s Super League fixture on Sunday afternoon.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-vs-man-united-highlights-17270438