23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Why and how do we suddenly have so many midfielders

Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Gilmour, Gallagher...

We are genuinely set for years. In an area where a few years ago we were crying for quality. 

• 3 weeks later...

'He sent me a message saying how happy he is for me': Chelsea loanee Conor Gallagher reveals inspiring texts from Frank Lampard as youngster looks to follow in Mason Mount's footsteps

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7827533/Chelsea-loanee-Conor-Gallagher-reveals-inspiring-texts-Frank-Lampard.html

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Norwich and Burnley both want him. They want an option to buy, but they are not going to get it.

But the story above says they won't be getting him, because they want some form of permanent deal but we aren't willing to do that. 

He's fighting for relagation with Charlton but many PL and top Championship clubs wants him. Burnley, Norwich, Brighton, WBA, Swansea, Millwall, QPR and Rangers from Scotland. Charlton just bought midfielder from League One. I'm not against the move if he's guaranteed regular place elsewhere. But I do hope our neighbours Charlton stay in the Championship. And yes, stay away from fucking Burnley! 

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He's fighting for relagation with Charlton but many PL and top Championship clubs wants him. Burnley, Norwich, WBA, Swansea, Millwall, QPR and Rangers from Scotland. Charlton just bought midfielder from League One. I'm not against the move if he's guaranteed regular place elsewhere. But I do hope our neighbours Charlton stay in the Championship. And yes, stay away from fucking Burnley! 

eeeeek

Millwall!

cant be having a Chels lad strolling over to ply trade at the Den!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Conor Gallagher recall could damage his development – Staying at Charlton is the answer

https://thechelseablog.org/2020/01/14/opinion-conor-gallagher-recall-could-damage-his-development-staying-at-charlton-is-the-answer/

Reports are suggesting the young loan star is set to return to Stamford Bridge. The 19-year-old has shown great progess with his talent being nurtured at The Valley.

Gallagher joined Charlton last summer. In 26-appearances, he has six-goals and three-assists to his name. The Addicks form has dropped since an impressive start.

However, the Blues academy graduate is one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Football.london are exclusively claiming the youngster will not return to stake a claim for a place in Frank Lampard’s starting line-up. Instead, he will continue his development by going out on another loan.

Last month Burnley were linked with a potential move, and Norwich are another premier league club showing interest. Another spell in the Championship is a possibility – West Brom, Milwall, QPR, and Swansea are reportedly keeping an eye on Gallagher.

A premier league move would be a step up, and aid his development. However, the 19-year-old will not be guaranteed first-team action. A move to another championship club would seem like a step sideways.

For me, Gallagher has learned a lot from his time with Lee Bowyer. He’s a first-team regular, and settled at the Valley. Once the youngster has a season under his belt, he will then be ready for a step up. Whether than be a premier league loan, or a place in the squad at Stamford Bridge.

snip