23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

He can't even if we say he can, facing your parent club has never been allowed in the FA Cup even when it was allowed in the league (I remember Wenger let Jermaine Pennant face Arsenal in the league and wanted to allow the same in the cup but the FA overruled him).

It's the League Cup where the club has the power to say yes or no.

It could be that the situation isn't as clear cut as it seemed. I read an article on WAGNH yesterday which included excerpts from the competition rules for The FA Cup. Two of these appear to be contradictory.

Section J, clause 1 says: -

• A player on a domestic temporary (loan) transfer (including a player on loan either to or from a Welsh Club that competes in the Competition in the current season) is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing.

This suggests that a player can play against his parent club if they give permission but section J clause 4 says: -

• The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club. 

My guess as to what the two clauses mean when taken together is that a club can give permission for its loan player to play against them but, if the parent club does not give its permission, then the FA won't overrule them and directly allow players to face their parent clubs. In other words, it's up to the lending club which would mean that it is Chelsea who are keeping Conor out of the semi-final.

Why Conor Gallagher cannot play against Chelsea in the FA Cup semifinal - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

He can't even if we say he can, facing your parent club has never been allowed in the FA Cup even when it was allowed in the league (I remember Wenger let Jermaine Pennant face Arsenal in the league and wanted to allow the same in the cup but the FA overruled him).

It's the League Cup where the club has the power to say yes or no.

Thought that as well but those are only for short spell loans. (half a season). Long term loans (full season) players are eligible to play if given permission by the parent club. 

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2019-20/fa-cup/the-fa-cup-rules-2019-20.ashx

Edited by MoroccanBlue

20 hours ago, Strike said:

Should have been allowed to play today. Didn't we send him on loan to gain experience ? This is a great occasion for him to be a part of and test himself

True, but the rules are there for a reason.

Connor scoring an own goal to knock out Palace wouldn't make for good headlines.

On 16/04/2022 at 08:03, Strike said:

Should have been allowed to play today. Didn't we send him on loan to gain experience ? This is a great occasion for him to be a part of and test himself

We sent him on loan to gain experience indeed. However, he has 50 other games to gain experience at.

According to rule he is not allowed to play. Why should we make efforts to make CPs best player feature against us in Wembley? 

We are out of CL, PL 3rd place is all but secured.. FA-cup is the only relevant competition we are in.

On 16/04/2022 at 07:03, Strike said:

Disagree. He is our player and they fully understood the rules of that when we sent him on loan. He has been their best player this season and while it is an occasion he would want to be part of, he is contracted to us. Why would we jeopardise our chances by allowing him to play? I would not be happy if we did let him play.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 23:40, Last Sicarius said:

I see a lot of comments on twitter that people wants to sell him. I dont get this at all, anyone can explain?

If we sell Gallagher I am going to lose my shit at Olympian levels

same for Reece, and that will be triple the rage

Edited by Vesper