23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

On 29/05/2022 at 16:53, Blues Forever said:

They aren't wrong though.

still he even was nominated for young player of the season

There is a lot of hype but the lad has 2 full PL seasons under his belt now with 30+ games in either. He won't be any more ready than he is now. And I do think he can play in the pivot.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

still he even was nominated for young player of the season

There is a lot of hype but the lad has 2 full PL seasons under his belt now with 30+ games in either. He won't be any more ready than he is now. And I do think he can play in the pivot.

We'll see, i have my doubt with Gallagher in a double pivot similar like Mount.

Gallagher is a B2B midfielder, I actually think Jorginho or a similar player gives him the best chance in the pivot. Or you risk a midfield that is very static.

Some here want to move away from a Jorginho type midfielder, but I hope if we do replace him it would be a similar player. Ex Frankie De Jong.

Just now, Clockwork said:

Gallagher is a B2B midfielder, I actually think Jorginho or a similar player gives him the best chance in the pivot. Or you risk a midfield that is very static.

Some here want to move away from a Jorginho type midfielder, but I hope if we do replace him it would be a similar player. Ex Frankie De Jong.

Frenkie is more like Kovacic rather than Jorginho. 

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We just need Rice. 

But he cost too much. 

Might have to wing it another season and wait next summer. 

Even if we get him, we need a  back up for him. holding dm is a position not many players in our team can play. Actually no one is really good at it.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

they are not like for like but much closer to Jorginho. 

Not really De Jong is a B2B rather than a DLP. If you want a DLP, the likes of Brozovic, Weigl, and Neves are make more sense than De Jong.

Edited by Blues Forever

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2022 at 16:20, MoroccanBlue said:

A reason why De Jong has done poorly at Barca is being played out of position to accommodate Busquets. 

agreed

and Busquets is rinsed, more or less

he was a bit better last year (Indian summer season, aka false 2nd dawn IMHO) but the 2 seasons before he was poor