Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprideoflondon.com/2021/07/22/Chelsea-transfers-kalajdzic-realistic-up-top/amp/

Chelsea are considering a swoop for 6ft 7in striker Sasa Kalajdzic as their move for Dortmund hitman Erling Haaland stalls... so, what could Blues fans expect from the Stuttgart giant who has named Man Utd midfielder Nemanja Matic as an inspiration?

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9806561/amp/Chelsea-Blues-fans-expect-Sasa-Kalajdzic-Erling-Haaland-stalls.html

 

Interesting alternative, IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    2642

  • Jase

    2030

  • NikkiCFC

    1021

  • Blues Forever

    890

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

I think plan is to sell all the possible players, collect +200m and in the end of transfer window to drop all on striker. With that kind of money all of Haaland, Kane, Lewa could be bought. This is why we are lightly enquiring about all of them to see which club is most likely to accept. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprideoflondon.com/2021/07/22/Chelsea-transfers-kalajdzic-realistic-up-top/amp/

Chelsea are considering a swoop for 6ft 7in striker Sasa Kalajdzic as their move for Dortmund hitman Erling Haaland stalls... so, what could Blues fans expect from the Stuttgart giant who has named Man Utd midfielder Nemanja Matic as an inspiration?

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9806561/amp/Chelsea-Blues-fans-expect-Sasa-Kalajdzic-Erling-Haaland-stalls.html

 

Interesting alternative, IMO

Interesting for sure but I don't think he is our man. He is relatively quick and nimble for someone this tall but not really strong at that. Would get found at at PL atm. His technique is quite polished tho, can usually trust him to hold the ball up and find a pass. But I would prefer a natural athlete to be our backup striker. Someone with real pace who can press. give Broja 1,2 years and he will be far better than Kalajdzic is now, esp for our system. Kalajdzic to be optimally effective needs the team to play around him, we can not do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it is Haaland or someone of that calibre or no-one. There is no rush, we can try again in January and next summer but in the long-term it is much more productive having someone that wants to be here than having someone who wants a bigger paycheck or wants to play at a certain team.

The club is selling unwanted assets that can be sold since they're still technically taking a hit on all those who signed for big money, Drinky Baka barkley baba etc. I don't think they will sign any squad players that can be filled from the youth or reserves. Bakayoko could be our CM4 next season if his loans have taught him anything. Loftus-cheek could be a squad player in CM and AM. 

The problem really is defence at the end of the day. Thiago has one more year left in him and Azpi, Rudi and Christensen's contracts are all up at the end of the year. If Christensen isn't trusted to be Thiago's replacement then we need a ball playing defender which is a bit dodgy since you could get a Luiz that gets outed if you want to switch to 4 defenders. It all rests on who replaces Zouma as he is clearly the odd one out. Azpi or James at RCB is a bit dodgy as they are both a bit short and the question would still be who would we sign on the right to replace them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who plays with a striker these days?

Not the teams who played the CL finals, that's for sure. It does not seem to prevent City from winning the PL every other season. Not Liverpool... do they even have a striker in roster?

Certainly Arsenal and Tottenham employ dedicated strikers... and have been doing so well. United with Cavani now, but not that powerhouse either.

Real is the only strong competitive team which employs a dedicated striker atm, or am I missing someone?

I'm absolutely not saying that one can't be competitive with a striker, but rather that most competitive teams nowadays choose to exchange that specialist with more mobile players who can press.

Agreed with the above post: either get someone like Haaland or don't break what we have.

Edited by robsblubot
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think plan is to sell all the possible players, collect +200m and in the end of transfer window to drop all on striker. With that kind of money all of Haaland, Kane, Lewa could be bought. This is why we are lightly enquiring about all of them to see which club is most likely to 

Not one of those clubs will accept a bid that late in the window.

If we're targeting any of those 3 strikers., this month would be the time to get it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Who plays with a striker these days?

Not the teams who played the CL finals, that's for sure. It does not seem to prevent City from winning the PL every other season. Not Liverpool... do they even have a striker in roster?

Certainly Arsenal and Tottenham employ dedicated strikers... and have been doing so well. United with Cavani now, but not that powerhouse either.

Real is the only strong competitive team which employs a dedicated striker atm, or am I missing someone?

I'm absolutely not saying that one Cann't possibly be competitive with striker, but rather that most competitive teams nowadays chose to exchange that specialist with more mobile players who can press.


 

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Armour said:

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

Gundogan did a job for City last season. I wish Kova or Jorgi could ever do something like that. The lack of goal threat has been there since Sarri. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

either get someone like Haaland or don't break what we have.

Inclined to agree with that but how willing are the club and Tuchel as well as Abraham to reconcile with one another? Hardly a secret that they've been shopping him around. Wonder if it's better to maybe get a non-expensive backup that Tuchel rates as opposed to one that he doesn't.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

Bingo. City have Gündogan, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, etc who all chip in with decent goal hauls. Liverpool have had the two-headed monster who each scored for fun over the past few seasons.

We get ZERO goal contributions from any of our 3 CM’s, Mount doesn’t score often, and our wingers were all subpar last season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bingo. City have Gündogan, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, etc who all chip in with decent goal hauls. Liverpool have had the two-headed monster who each scored for fun over the past few seasons.

We get ZERO goal contributions from any of our 3 CM’s, Mount doesn’t score often, and our wingers were all subpar last season.

 

If Werner and Havertz both score 20 each this season, we will laugh even if we don't get Haaland. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

If city gets Kane and we don’t get a striker board have failed to back a successful manager once again. 

Tonight a lot of noise over Kane to City.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tonight a lot of noise over Kane to City.

 

Surely our board has to answer back with a big striker of our own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Surely our board has to answer back with a big striker of our own. 

Easier said than done though when we're talking a pool of one striker

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

We all hope the newcomers improve in that regard. In theory we should have plenty of goals between Pulisic, Werner, kai, and Mount. 

I also agree with @Jas that maybe Abraham ain't gonna cut it when Tuchel would like to switch gears during a game and have a striker presence up front (he does not quite provide that atm like Giroud did).

My concern is that a player like Lewa would not come to sit on the bench, which would definitely change the way we play. And the question remains, do we really want to change the way we play?

Edited by robsblubot
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Easier said than done though when we're talking a pool of one striker

Then they can’t expect a league title until they find one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...