Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    2636

  • Jase

    2030

  • NikkiCFC

    1019

  • Blues Forever

    881

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

It’s kinda scary to think that our top scorer last season had only 7 goals (all from penalties and from a player who never score from open play) and yet there seems to be zero urgency to rectify our struggles in front of goal. We were like 99% likely to miss out on top 4 and were bailed out Bale (lol).
 

And has the reaction to that by the club to make sure something like this never happens again by quickly and decisively attacking the market for a goal scorer? Nope. Instead we seem to be hoping our coach can turn every struggling player from last season into a beast.

I mean, could it work? Sure. I 100% believe Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech will be much better. But not comfortable top 4 better and absolutely not sustained title challenge better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s kinda scary to think that our top scorer last season had only 7 goals (all from penalties and from a player who never score from open play) and yet there seems to be zero urgency to rectify our struggles in front of goal. We were like 99% likely to miss out on top 4 and were bailed out Bale (lol).

And has the reaction to that by the club to make sure something like this never happens again by quickly and decisively attacking the market for a goal scorer? Nope. Instead we seem to be hoping our coach can turn every struggling player from last season into a beast.

I mean, could it work? Sure. I 100% believe Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech will be much better. But not comfortable top 4 better and absolutely not sustained title challenge better.

200.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Newcastle will get relegated. Do we really want to give him another loan like that? 

We will want him to go somewhere were he will play 90%+ of games. At Newcastle that will 100% happen. Someone like Palace may also be a good fit, however I am unsure who they still have in CM as I know they only had 10 players at one point but have started re-signing/signing players now. 

However, with Palace, Vieira is a big risk. He hasn't been great at any club he has managed yet. 

Edited by King Kante
Link to post
Share on other sites

From  Kane , Lukaku and Haaland I have a feeling that Chelsea will end up  this transfer window with someone like Danny Ings  and new battle about top 4

Edited by milka
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, milka said:

From  Kane , Lukaku and Haaland I have a feeling that Chelsea will end up  this transfer window with someone like Danny Ings  and new battle about top 4

Problem is, Lukaku isn't good enough for the proce, Kane has dodgy ankles and plays for Spuds which makes it an almost impossible task and Dortmund are looking like they will refuse serious money for Håland. Not much the club can do imo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We could do far worse than Ings, not that I encourage that purchase, but it wouldn't be the worst signing to get in a proven PL goal scorer for a low fee on a year left for his contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem is, Lukaku isn't good enough for the proce, Kane has dodgy ankles and plays for Spuds which makes it an almost impossible task and Dortmund are looking like they will refuse serious money for Håland. Not much the club can do imo. 

But it won't stop people from moaning about that though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The media are likely just milking it to get the clicks and views but if we can't get Haaland, then all the talk about signing someone else is just hilarious when we still have Abraham and there doesn't seem to be anyone that can afford to pay the £40 million to take him off us. At the moment, the only way possible to sell Abraham is if West Ham accept a player + cash deal for Rice or unless, the club drop the asking price for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s kinda scary to think that our top scorer last season had only 7 goals (all from penalties and from a player who never score from open play) and yet there seems to be zero urgency to rectify our struggles in front of goal. We were like 99% likely to miss out on top 4 and were bailed out Bale (lol).
 

And has the reaction to that by the club to make sure something like this never happens again by quickly and decisively attacking the market for a goal scorer? Nope. Instead we seem to be hoping our coach can turn every struggling player from last season into a beast.

I mean, could it work? Sure. I 100% believe Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech will be much better. But not comfortable top 4 better and absolutely not sustained title challenge better.

the club did attack the market decisively and failed. Haaland, Lukaku, Kane are all unavailable for us, even Agüero declined us. Despite our CL triumph we have deep lying problems structurally within the squad. There are clubs with bigger reputational pulling power and clubs with bigger financial muscle. we have too feed from the scabs comparatively. Only a problem when you want the absolute best which we apparently do. But now we have established that there is no chance to get a world class striker what is the club supposed to do? Buy 2nd rate again? It appears the club has learned that if they can't get absolute top quality they should at least avoid donkeys. No repeat of 2015 or 2017 wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Scratching around the lost property bin again I see.

Have a bloated squad already. I'm fine with no signings if the top talent are unavailable.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no scratching around the lost property bin....only media gimmicks to garner likes...

We will sign but 1 or 2 quality players not wishy washy middle of the round players...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

the club did attack the market decisively and failed. Haaland, Lukaku, Kane are all unavailable for us, even Agüero declined us. Despite our CL triumph we have deep lying problems structurally within the squad. There are clubs with bigger reputational pulling power and clubs with bigger financial muscle. we have too feed from the scabs comparatively. Only a problem when you want the absolute best which we apparently do. But now we have established that there is no chance to get a world class striker what is the club supposed to do? Buy 2nd rate again? It appears the club has learned that if they can't get absolute top quality they should at least avoid donkeys. No repeat of 2015 or 2017 wanted.

To me with all our reported targets only Hakimi which am with the board on this....I don't see PSG having reputational pulling power than us....yes they have the financial muscle but then the deal doesn't even make sense for us but PSG don't have any fucking choice couple with the fact that they wants Mbappe to stay and extend his deal which I don't see him doing even as things stand they need a quality left back as well if they truly wants their hands on the most coveted trophy UCL...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sorry, not having this “we don’t have the best pulling power” stuff even a little bit. Perhaps for the absolute best of the best like Haaland who will have every top club after him it will be a struggle. But we absolutely have the pulling power to lure world class players. 

It’s just unfortunate that the ones we want are already at financially stable clubs and will cost mile high fees. We’re as attractive as any club in Europe.  We’re in an era where even the West Ham’s and Leicester’s of the world can put their foot down and demand £80m or £100m for their players, ffs. That’s the issue here, not that Chelsea’s pulling power has fallen.

Ironic you say we have the pulling power when you are one of the people who have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to beating other clubs to top quality players. And don't tell me it's all about the money because one can argue it's part of the pulling power too, especially when we used that to our advantage in the first few years under Roman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...