Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Another rumor dies

 

 

cannot blame him at all

he is only 21yo

he lives in one of the best smaller cities on the planet (San Sebastián) with just insane food, culture, etc, plus beaches

and they just totally renovated their stadium to 40,000 and they have a great pipeline of young talent

AXEL HOTEL SAN SEBASTIÁN- ADULTS ONLY Room Reviews & Photos - San Sebastian  2021 Deals & Price | Trip.comSan Sebastián old town | San sebastian spain, San sebastian, Spain7ebaaf3c3ff2e562addb9a51c6ac0982.jpgVisit San Sebastian: A Spain Travel Guide (2021) | Will Fly for FoodSan Sebastián Tapas Bars

Donostia/San Sebastián (Spain), city awarded the 2019 Europe PrizeTop 10 foods to try in San Sebastián - BBC Good FoodThe Beautiful Reale Arena (Estadio Anoeta) - YouTubeBest in Madrid - Review of Plaza Norte 2 Shopping Mall, San Sebastian de  los Reyes, Spain - TripadvisorLuxury Villas San Sebastian - Amarante LVA19 Absolute Best Things to Do in San Sebastián | Spain's Basque Country |  The Intrepid GuideNär ska man åka till San Sebastian? Klimat och Väder. 3 månader för att  undvika!Ten of the best restaurants in San Sebastián - Decanter

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    2778

  • Jase

    2068

  • NikkiCFC

    1076

  • Blues Forever

    995

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Kounde for me is the most future center-back in world football. He is only 22 years old and has been playing in the elite since he was 17. He started as a right-back but went on to play as a center-ba

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DDA said:

I don't think Haaland was ever realistic to begin with... I hope I'm proved wrong but I just don't see it happening... never have. 

It's seemingly down to Roman going by most. If he puts up Dortmund's asking price, he'll be in Blue for the coming season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's seemingly down to Roman going by most. If he puts up Dortmund's asking price, he'll be in Blue for the coming season.

Is that not generally the case? 😛

A reason why we were able to spend big last summer and got most of our signings in early was because we had the money from the sale of Hazard and even Morata. This time, we have no such money waiting to be spent. If we want to get Haaland, we might have to start getting money from selling the deadwood and then Roman might make up the difference in the amount. Otherwise, I doubt he's inclined to just throw 150 million in from his own pocket (different case, I think, if it's just 60-70 million) - and that's just the potential transfer fee. there's still the agent fees, wages etc to consider - when his aim was to make sure the club is self sustainable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As @Tomo and @Jas have alluded to, earlier in the season we were pretty free scoring under Lampard but leaking goals. At that point how many people were complaining about our defensive and defensive midfield options and wanting major surgery on them? 

I'll happily admit I didn't think Christensen had developed as expected and should be sold but under Tuchel he looks a completely different player. I'd argue Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva are all bordering on world class under Tuchel. Jorginho looks a far better player too with protection behind him and similar with Kante being freed up in a role to hunt the ball.

Tuchel has done wonders with the defensive side of the team in a short and busy period. With the summer to plan, along with pre season, why can't he find ways to get more out of this attack? I have full confidence that there's more to come from a number of players in our squad and that Tuchel has the capability of unlocking this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jas said:

Is that not generally the case? 😛

A reason why we were able to spend big last summer and got most of our signings in early was because we had the money from the sale of Hazard and even Morata. This time, we have no such money waiting to be spent. If we want to get Haaland, we might have to start getting money from selling the deadwood and then Roman might make up the difference in the amount. Otherwise, I doubt he's inclined to just throw 150 million in from his own pocket (different case, I think, if it's just 60-70 million) - and that's just the potential transfer fee. there's still the agent fees, wages etc to consider - when his aim was to make sure the club is self sustainable. 

Not necessarily; some players have their heart set on moving to particular clubs. I'm sure Dortmund would be more than happy if Haaland said no to us (providing we pay up) to join RM next summer for still a hefty profit.

I agree for the most part. However, we won't exactly get any notable fees for outgoings unless Werner shockingly leaves.

Edited by LAM09
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Not necessarily; some players have their heart set on moving to particular clubs. I'm sure Dortmund would be more than happy if Haaland said no to us (providing we pay up) to join RM next summer for still a hefty profit.

If you wanna talk about players having their heart set on moving to a particular club, then I don't think we're Haaland's #1 choice based on some reports out there. I doubt he would mind staying for another year and then have the option to choose whichever club he wants next summer. He and Raiola can also get more money that way. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I agree for the most part. We won't exactly get any notable fees for outgoings unless Werner shockingly leaves, but the current size of our entire squad is an issue.

Werner leaving is out of the question since he said he wants to stay and the club have no interest in selling him. And we're already trying to sell two other strikers this summer.

Based on the unwanted players list, it seems like Abraham is the one that will fetch the most money and that is only at 40 million. Otherwise, you're looking at way less income than that. Also debatable whether clubs can afford to pay for our unwanted players.

Another issue is that if we sign Haaland, it would likely mean we're gonna blow our entire transfer budget on one player when we arguably still also need a midfielder (since Gilmour is going on loan) and a defender. Tuchel, of course, is believed to want a signing for each area. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jas said:

If you wanna talk about players having their heart set on moving to a particular club, then I don't think we're Haaland's #1 choice based on some reports out there. I doubt he would mind staying for another year and then have the option to choose whichever club he wants next summer. He and Raiola can also get more money that way. 

Werner leaving is out of the question since he said he wants to stay and the club have no interest in selling him. And we're already trying to sell two other strikers this summer.

Based on the unwanted players list, it seems like Abraham is the one that will fetch the most money and that is only at 40 million. Otherwise, you're looking at way less income than that. Also debatable whether clubs can afford to pay for our unwanted players.

Another issue is that if we sign Haaland, it would likely mean we're gonna blow our entire transfer budget on one player when we arguably still also need a midfielder (since Gilmour is going on loan) and a defender. Tuchel, of course, is believed to want a signing for each area. 

Tbf, Zouma should bring in £30m+, there will be plenty of PL teams that would take him, whilst I also believe he is one of the lower (if that is the right term) earners here. That will mean, if we sell Tammy and Zouma, around £95m (approx) income from sales, £100m if you include Moses. If someone like Ziyech, really is unsettled, you can maybe push that to £130m.

The issue the club probably has is the top earning deadwood. Baka, Drinky, Batsh*t, Kepa, RLC and Barkley, all earn over £100k a week, whilst players like Zappa, Baba and Emerson probably all earn over £50k. Those players drain around £800k (approx) a week or £41.5m a year. The issue we have is where we were able to farm those sort of players out before and maybe even get a loan fee, now we need to either cover their wages in full and/or part of them. 

Either way, I think Håland at £150m is possible for us, if there is a will on both sides. However, if he is brought, then I would say we may be scrapping around for other players and may have to accept a Zappa and Barkley/Baka back into the squad to fill holes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Tbf, Zouma should bring in £30m+, there will be plenty of PL teams that would take him, whilst I also believe he is one of the lower (if that is the right term) earners here. That will mean, if we sell Tammy and Zouma, around £95m (approx) income from sales, £100m if you include Moses. If someone like Ziyech, really is unsettled, you can maybe push that to £130m.

The issue the club probably has is the top earning deadwood. Baka, Drinky, Batsh*t, Kepa, RLC and Barkley, all earn over £100k a week, whilst players like Zappa, Baba and Emerson probably all earn over £50k. Those players drain around £800k (approx) a week or £41.5m a year. The issue we have is where we were able to farm those sort of players out before and maybe even get a loan fee, now we need to either cover their wages in full and/or part of them. 

Unless my memory has failed me, has there been anything about us wanting to sell Zouma? I know Tuchel wants a defender but all signs have been pointing to a RWB or right sided defender.

Problem with those players is finding a buyer/taker. With Abraham for example, there seems to be only one club that can maybe afford him and that's Aston Villa. West Ham would like him as well, I believe, but they don't have the money. 

Until we know for sure there's concrete interest in our players and someone is willing to fork out the cash, it'll be hard for us to get any meaningful income. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What is behind this new contract extensions for Michy last summer, Bakayoko now? Just admit mistake and let them go even for free, are board still hoping they will come good on loans? 

Why would you think?

Same for any player, all players with longer contracts have more resale value for the club. They go out on loan do well and their contracts expiring we miss out on a transfer fee. They do well, have time left, we can get money. 

This surely isn’t a shock as the club have been doing it for years….

Link to post
Share on other sites

here come the Hitler jokes, smdh

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel - BBC Sport

 

Chelsea in talks to sign Wayne Hennessey

The free agent is being looked at to replace Willy Caballero

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-Chelsea-in-talks-to-sign

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F156b9eba-28af-4931-8d5e-321950079575_1350x759.jpeg9ec82e0b62a5bd675b37cd55c183f7f5.png

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

here come the Hitler jokes, smdh

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel - BBC Sport

 

Chelsea in talks to sign Wayne Hennessey

The free agent is being looked at to replace Willy Caballero

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-Chelsea-in-talks-to-sign

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F156b9eba-28af-4931-8d5e-321950079575_1350x759.jpeg9ec82e0b62a5bd675b37cd55c183f7f5.png

I know the source is unreliable but...

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:


Simon Phillips is from The Athletic

and has this board in his twitter profile

390bfce2c8243626b75e39a6ffdf0df0.png

 

"Simon Phillips is from The Athletic"

Are you confusing him with Simon Johnson?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

here come the Hitler jokes, smdh

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel - BBC Sport

 

Chelsea in talks to sign Wayne Hennessey

The free agent is being looked at to replace Willy Caballero

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-Chelsea-in-talks-to-sign

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F156b9eba-28af-4931-8d5e-321950079575_1350x759.jpeg9ec82e0b62a5bd675b37cd55c183f7f5.png

I did Nazi that coming 🙄

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jas said:

"Simon Phillips is from The Athletic"

Are you confusing him with Simon Johnson?

no, Phillips used to (no longer does) write for The Athletic too for a brief spell (and the Sun (Scottish, English, Irish) for ages, bleech), and at the Athletic there is also Simon Hughes (a scouser) over there, they had 3 Simons at one time

 

also he writes here, so strange you slag him off

https://www.talkchelsea.net/author/simon-phillips/page/8/

7eb3d8073fd67768a22ed6a8a7683c41.png

https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaFcFanclubsingblues/posts/1657740797760106

51fe57eb5968eab9eb9d449766a8894b.png

fucking Facebook, lolol

7088eb55216e18f3e048e906f0af37af.png

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don’t sign a striker, who is someone in midfield that could come in and add lots of goals since I see that mentioned as an alternative?

There are hardly a bunch of Bruno Penandes’ laying around out there who can score 15 from midfield. And with Mount being a near certain starter it’s not like we have an opening there anyway.

Just can’t imagine we’d let Giroud go and I also can’t believe TT would totally freeze out Tammy if he we weren’t dead certain that some striker is brought in. May not be Haaland, may not be Lukaku. But I think a striker will be bought.

Unless of course everyone’s wrong and Kai is our permanent center forward which would be interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no, Phillips used to (no longer does) write for The Athletic too for a brief spell (and the Sun (Scottish, English, Irish) for ages, bleech), and at the Athletic there is also Simon Hughes (a scouser) over there, they had 3 Simons at one time

 

also he writes here, so strange you slag him off

https://www.talkchelsea.net/author/simon-phillips/page/8/

7eb3d8073fd67768a22ed6a8a7683c41.png

https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaFcFanclubsingblues/posts/1657740797760106

51fe57eb5968eab9eb9d449766a8894b.png

fucking Facebook, lolol

7088eb55216e18f3e048e906f0af37af.png

When exactly did he write for The Athletic?

That tweet screenshot feels like a person just quoting a paragraph from one of their articles.

Plus, an unreliable source is an unreliable source and I’m not the only one here who has said such things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There are hardly a bunch of Bruno Penandes’ laying around out there who can score 15 from midfield. And with Mount being a near certain starter it’s not like we have an opening there anyway.

Someone to maybe replace Jorginho or Kovacic?

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just can’t imagine we’d let Giroud go and I also can’t believe TT would totally freeze out Tammy if he we weren’t dead certain that some striker is brought in. May not be Haaland, may not be Lukaku. But I think a striker will be bought.

Who do you think will be bought if it’s not Haaland or Lukaku?

Tuchel and the club supposedly want prioritize quality over quantity and are supposedly willing to play the long game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Someone to maybe replace Jorginho or Kovacic?

Who do you think will be bought if it’s not Haaland or Lukaku?

Tuchel and the club supposedly want prioritize quality over quantity and are supposedly willing to play the long game.

Struggling to think of anyone for either question. Unless we tried to convince United to part with Pogba I don’t know of any other top class midfielder who could walk in to our team in place of J5 or Kova and add 10-15 goals in the league.

The striker conundrum is even more difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need an overhaul. We need to cut our wage list and wait for the right targets. We can promote academy players to cover, like we're doing with Broja. If we fail to get a RWB, Livramento is going to be our backup. 

The club is playing it smart and prioritising players who can fit in and who want to come here. Hakimi wanted to go to Paris and Haaland probably wants to use us as a stepping stone to Madrid. 

I think our priority, other than CF, is a playmaker as Hazard and Fabregas creativity has not been replaced and even if Hakim comes good, we need more players that can pick a pass.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...