Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

Why 'only'. That's the way to do it. We agree with him and his agent and after that just match PSG offer because it is clear he wants to come here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Love this news': Some Chelsea fans happy with reported links to left-footed La Liga player

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/love-this-news-some-Chelsea-fans-happy-with-reported-links-to-left-footed-la-liga-player/

A section of Chelsea fans on social media were pleased to hear the reported news involving Alfonso Pedraza of Villarreal.

According to Calcio Napoli 24. The Blues remain in ‘pole position’ to sign Pedraza, who was recently crowned a Europa League winner.

The 25-year-old played a major role for Unai Emery’s side last campaign, making 44 appearances across all competitions.

Real Madrid v Villarreal CF - La Liga Santander

He is primarily a left-back, but can also be deployed as a winger.  

Plenty of Chelsea fans welcomed the update with open arms, as they urge Thomas Tuchel to transform his squad ahead of next season.

0a03a1a9482923bc5e7682b78146b1d9.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

'Love this news': Some Chelsea fans happy with reported links to left-footed La Liga player

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/love-this-news-some-Chelsea-fans-happy-with-reported-links-to-left-footed-la-liga-player/

A section of Chelsea fans on social media were pleased to hear the reported news involving Alfonso Pedraza of Villarreal.

According to Calcio Napoli 24. The Blues remain in ‘pole position’ to sign Pedraza, who was recently crowned a Europa League winner.

The 25-year-old played a major role for Unai Emery’s side last campaign, making 44 appearances across all competitions.

Real Madrid v Villarreal CF - La Liga Santander

He is primarily a left-back, but can also be deployed as a winger.  

Plenty of Chelsea fans welcomed the update with open arms, as they urge Thomas Tuchel to transform his squad ahead of next season.

0a03a1a9482923bc5e7682b78146b1d9.png

Don't see it. TT said 2-3 players that had to be CF, CM + RWB. Cannot see a need for a LB/LWF. I mean outside of the three mentioned GK2 and CB are need before that position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Don't see it. TT said 2-3 players that had to be CF, CM + RWB. Cannot see a need for a LB/LWF. I mean outside of the three mentioned GK2 and CB are need before that position. 

If we sell/include as makeweight Alonso, we are fucked at LB if Chilwell cannot play, Emerson is pants for the EPL

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If we sell/include as makeweight Alonso, we are fucked at LB if Chilwell cannot play, Emerson is pants for the EPL

Can Hakimi not cover both the left and right sided wing back roles if we brought him?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Can Hakimi not cover both the left and right sided wing back roles if we brought him?

He is a a right-footer. He played zero times on the left this past season. The same his entire time at RM. Top flight Real every game was as a RB, ad then in youth Real games, twice as RW in 2016/17 (last two games of the year) and once (first game of the year) at RW in 2015/16. All other RM youth games were at RB.

In 2019/20 (Dortmund), he played 3 times at LB, all 3 at the very beginning in August (twice) and September (once) 2019. They won one, drew one, lost one (a 1 3 thumping loss against Union Berlin). He played 6 other times on the left, but all but one were as basically a LW'er.

He played LWB once (for half the game), and that was in arguably Dortmund's worst performance of the the year, when they were destroyed by Hoffenheim nil 4 at home. You may remember that game because Andrej Kramaric scored all 4 goals, destroying Raphaël Guerreiro (amongst others) with 2 first half goals. Guerreiro was pulled from LWB at halftime, Hakimi came on there, and Kramaric promptly scored two more goals in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Dortmund was just shockingly bad all game.

The only other thrashings all year (other than the two listed above) were a nil 4 away pounding by Bayern, where Hakimi played RB, not wingback, and a 3 1 loss away to Barca in the CL (Hakimi played RWB). Those were literally Dortmund's worst (score-wise) defeats of the entire year, they had no other blowout losses. They did blow a 2 3 lead and lost away 3 4 to Neverkusen, giving up 2 goals in the last 10 minutes of regulation time.

In 2018/19 he did play a bit at LB for Dortmund. Three times in the CL (but one was a 80th minute injury sub appearance when Diallo, a left footer, got injured). Then, quite a lot (I think this is what you were thinking of) in the Bundesliga. 14 times, but the last time was home versus Wolfsburg, when he (again) came on for an injured Diallo, and 24 minutes later broke his foot, which ended Hakimi's season. His production in the league was low at LB however, only 1 goal, and two assists, and the one goal and one of the assists were both in same game, versus a woeful (relegated that season) Hannover side The other assist was against Hertha.

He did have one (his only one) great game as a LB his entire career (stats-wise). 3 assists in the CL versus Atletico Madrid in a 4 nil blowout. It was a complete Atleti CL collapse, with a patchwork banged up ageing side fielded, 3 of their 4 starting back four left after that season, and Saul was played out of position at winger, plus Partey had a nightmare game. Other than that (and a headed goal against Köln the next season, in matchday 2), Hakimi had very little goal and or assist production as a LB/LWB, certainly nothing like Alonso.

If you want Alonso type LB/LWB production the available options are very limited

Theo Hernández   
Robin Gosens  
Ramy Bensebaini   
Borna Sosa (23yo Croatian, 1.86m, 10 Bundesliga assists as a LWB/LB in only 2000 minutes, 9 in 3 months, from mid January to mid April, then had a now-recovered-from shoulder injury) best bargain buy out of all these

Plus, the 18yo (19yo in 3 days) Nuno Mendes, who I can so see becoming a monster and easily reaching that level, although he is nowhere nearly as large (1.76m so they say) as 4 listed above, all of whom are over 6 feet tall, although he has tremendous leaping skills, he is extremely athletic. 

Alfonso Pedraza is sorta getting there as well and is 1.84m, so has good size as well.

Finally, to an extent (he plays at winger a lot as well, will cost more than all but Theo above, and is very short and is somewhat poor defensively) Raphaël Guerreiro, and lastly, Angeliño, but he is also very short and did not play well in the EPL, plus got wrecked on defence.

 

Hope that all helps.

Edited by Vesper
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta remember that if we do sign Hakimi, we'll miss him for a few games in January due to the AFCON, if it does go ahead as scheduled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jas said:

Gotta remember that if we do sign Hakimi, we'll miss him for a few games in January due to the AFCON, if it does go ahead as scheduled.

If we don’t sign him we will miss him all season lol

We have more than enough cover in that position. Still, I like how we are prioritising wing backs if we indeed intend to continue with 3atb most of our width and attacking impetus from the flanks will come from them. We can’t flog Chilwell to death like this season so we need a quality backup. This pedraza guy might well work. I did not know his name before tbh but I remember his absurdly long face getting a lot of screen time va Arsenal and manure 

hakimi would be an offensive upgrade on RJ albeit the price is steep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This pedraza guy might well work. I did not know his name before tbh but I remember his absurdly long face getting a lot of screen time va Arsenal and manure 

Alfonso Pedraza goes to Betis on loan - Villarreal USASevilla paper reports Villarreal wants offers for Alfonso Pedraza -  Villarreal USA

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

 

Why is Kane even still mentioned as a possible target?

Haaland was definitely added into the piece only for clicks and SEO purposes. Just regurgitating the same info all over again. Clueless.

Only new bit there is about Bellingham…

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Aston Villa playmaker Jack Grealish. The Blues will need to pay £100m to complete a deal for the 25-year-old, who is also on the radar of both Manchester clubs. (Mirror) #CFC #AVFC #MCFC #MUFC

 

Hakimi, Haaland , Grealish .. would be insane summer for Chelsea 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same way Grealish doesn’t make any sense for City in my opinion, he doesn’t make any sense for us either.

It’s a stupid rumor that nobody should pay any mind to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CF, CM, RWB and a LWB if both Alonso and Emerson leave. 

That apparently is what's been reported by the club's correspondents. 

These Maddison and Grealish rumors blatantly clickbait. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get out of here with that alcoholic shit, Sancho is 5 years younger, better and cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

CF, CM, RWB and a LWB if both Alonso and Emerson leave. 

That apparently is what's been reported by the club's correspondents. 

These Maddison and Grealish rumors blatantly clickbait. 

My guess would be Hakimi if signed would cover both LWB and RWB don’t forget both Hudson-Odoi and Azpilicueta can do a job at wingback if really needed. Plus there is also Tino Livramento. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the fuck Haaland in and stop wasting money on CB this year.

 

Edited by R2D2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...