Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Well... Actually Barça have many financial problems because of that and the unreal wages that paid to players. They are broken

Real is struggling financially at the moment also. But they remain the most desired choice for many top players. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Real is struggling financially at the moment also. But they remain the most desired choice for many top players. 

Thats why they want to buy Depay and wanted wijnaldum (left to PSG) and signed Aguero... all free transfers...

They don't have a lot of money

Edited by Mário César
25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and he led us to our first major trophy in 26 years, becoming the first overseas manager to ever win the FA Cup

lol, then there is this

🤣

Could be wrong but I believe he may have also been the first black manager to win the FA Cup also. In fact he may have been the first black manager to manage in the top division in England at the time.

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Thats why they want to buy Depay and wanted wijnaldum (left to PSG) and signed Aguero... all free transfers...

They don't have a lot of money

Messi is an idiot for spending his last quality years at that club.

53 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

From what I read that's his salary, we promised to give him away for free.

I read his extension just prohibited him from joining an EPL team, but all other league transfers were a free.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Only Real Madrid and Barcelona signs whoever they want. Only two clubs in the world that is virtually every top player top choice, everyone else is circumstantial. Our chances are good as anyone after them. Nothing depressing. 

Inclined to agree about Real Madrid and Barcelona but gotta say, players who some times just join them are as idiotic as those clubs.

As for competing with others, not sure if our chances are as good as anyone else. Take the Haaland situation for example. How many people are actually confident that we can sign him if we have to compete with others (e.g. next summer)? You have people declaring it's now or never with him, even though he will cost less next year. Clubs like City and United can match our spending power if they want to and in cases like City, they even have the manager to pull players their way. On top of that, even though we have been successful under Roman, our instability, constant chopping and changing can probably be a turn off for some. Van Dijk, for example, preferred to go to Liverpool because of Klopp and the stability of their club, even though we never really submitted a bid for him. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Havertz and Werner had other top offers, Lampard played a huge part. If all this is true or not, no way of truly knowing. 

Lampard played his part but so did the pandemic.

In Havertz's case, there were clubs that wanted him but none could afford him last year but us. Bayern Munich, for example, were hoping for Havertz to stay another season at Leverkusen so that they could get him this summer but he didn't and their hopes went out of the window. As for Werner, Liverpool pulling out of the deal might have also played its part. I know they still ended up buying Jota but they were able to arrange to pay his transfer fee in installments compared to Werner's because he had a release clause and Leipzig wanted the 50 million paid immediately, which of course was no problem for us.

In the end, I guess both did not regret their decision considering what we won last month. In fact, one of them even said it loud and clear earlier this week. 

hace 52 minutos, Clockwork dijo:

Messi is an idiot for spending his last quality years at that club.

Not really.

I don’t get why he would leave now. He’s achieved everything in club football domestically in Spain and on the continent ie CL, Super Cup as well as the Club World Cup so he’s not exactly missing out on anything. Maybe last summer there was that uncertainty but huge changes were made at board level. I mean I couldn’t see him coming to the PL or think he would even be remotely interested at all. He’s also the highest paid player in the world, at the club who brought him through, where he’s immersed within the history of the club for the last near 20 years. Nothing stupid about seeing his career out there. 

And its not like he needs to prove himself by playing in another league regardless or to make people think he is the greatest footballer of all time. I mean Ronaldo’s been busy, went from Portugal, to England, to Spain, to Italy and done very well individually and as part of teams yet the majority of people still think Messi is the greatest out of the two by a considerable distance. I mean he could probably have stopped playing at what 23/24/25 and people would still say he is one of the best of all time if not the best. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Could be wrong but I believe he may have also been the first black manager to win the FA Cup also. In fact he may have been the first black manager to manage in the top division in England at the time.

Yes, first black manager in the top division and to this day, still the only black manager to win a major trophy.

I have read that Ken Bates was actually a supporter of Enoch Powell, so credit to him for being prepared to put his personal politics aside and  hire someone he thought was the best man for the job. However, he loses points for sacking Gulllit over a stupid contract dispute at a time when we were second in the league.☹️

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Reports AFCON may get cancelled next year so we may be able to stick with Kepa another season. 

Oh. Do you have a link to the story?

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

Oh. Do you have a link to the story?

https://www.eurosport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations/2019/football-african-football-s-governing-body-caf-has-announced-the-postponment-of-the-draw-for-the-afr_sto8359963/story.shtml

Basically detailing the ongoing civil war in Cameroon (hosts) and the COVID pandemic is most African countries. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of Lautaro. He is exactly what we do not need. Not too fast, small, weak, does not play the game at a high enough tempo. Honestly I'd rather have Lukaku than Lautaro if we sign someone from Inter.  I can absolutely see him being a massive bust in CL.

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

Talks now of us in negotiations with Lutauro Martinez agent..

Maybe Haaland is too big of a task 

That sounds like agent talk, Martinez was linked to Atletico this week but they refused to meet Inter's asking price so now Inter trying to create bidding war that's non existent 

• Rolling Eyes 1