Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Tbf, I don’t think anyone is too big for our club. By fantasy signing I mean someone who we didn’t think was possible because their clubs would be mad to let them go. Someone you had no idea was actually possible because they aren’t generally available.

Still wouldn't consider Hakimi in that category. I guess we just have different definition of "fantasy signing" here. 🙂

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• NikkiCFC

• Blues Forever

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

alright, prime maicon? isnt that a bit too much 

Possibly, I would say it is like signing Dani Alves in 2007 before you knew what he would go on to do. 

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Still wouldn't consider Hakimi in that category. I guess we just have different definition of "fantasy signing" here. 🙂

I assume your definition is basically just Messi or Neymar level players?

In World dream team squad of 23 player I think Kimmich and Hakimi would be RB options. 

But if Southgate is coach you would have 2 more tho... 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I assume your definition is basically just Messi or Neymar level players?

Yeah, I mean you're not declaring it's now or never with Hakimi, are you? Or worrying that we might lose out to PSG on Hakimi like you do with Haaland? 🤪

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

In World dream team squad of 23 player I think Kimmich and Hakimi would be RB options. 

But if Southgate is coach you would have 2 more tho... 

This. When I said fantasy I meant anyone that would be in the hypothectical 'World FC' squad of 23. I mean, full back positions are probably the least glamorous of all the outfield positions but that doesn't mean the players in these positions aren't fantastic signings. 

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

Yeah, I mean you're not declaring it's now or never with Hakimi, are you? Or worrying that we might lose out to PSG on Hakimi like you do with Haaland? 🤪

Nah. But only because we have options at RWB whereas we don’t with striker. Missing out on Hakimi wouldn’t be devastating.

hace 3 horas, Pizy dijo:

I just think that Dortmund's supporters would riot if they sold both in the same window. There's no chance they'd be able to make up for the production of their two best players. They'd basically be giving up on next season before it even begins.

Tbf I disagree with this completely.

Dortmund have always been that sort of club. They sell 2/3/4 of their best players every 2 transfer windows more or less and then just keep on churning out young players/making clever buys in their place. Its their whole business model. They can deny they are a “selling club/development club” but they have been for the best part of 7 years.

This is ultimately part of what led to Tuchel’s bust up there also and him getting sacked as he was particularly unhappy regarding the sales of Hummels, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan who were 3 of his key players.

Dortmund definitely didn’t sign Haaland with the aims of him staying there for like 3/4/5/6 years, they signed him for 1 or 2 seasons max, where he would be playing every week, improving, with the idea or aim to sell him for a massive profit. Sancho as well, I don’t think they anticipated him having such an impact so soon, so to get 4 seasons out of him I think hes run his course there as well 100%. But they’ll do what they do, they’ll find another few young players or a few smart signings somewhere and then, 2/3 years later, rinse and repeat. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf I disagree with this completely.

Dortmund have always been that sort of club. They sell 2/3/4 of their best players every 2 transfer windows more or less and then just keep on churning out young players/making clever buys in their place. Its their whole business model. They can deny they are a “selling club/development club” but they have been for the best part of 7 years.

This is ultimately part of what led to Tuchel’s bust up there also and him getting sacked as he was particularly unhappy regarding the sales of Hummels, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan who were 3 of his key players.

Dortmund definitely didn’t sign Haaland with the aims of him staying there for like 3/4/5/6 years, they signed him for 1 or 2 seasons max, where he would be playing every week, improving, with the idea or aim to sell him for a massive profit. Sancho as well, I don’t think they anticipated him having such an impact so soon, so to get 4 seasons out of him I think hes run his course there as well 100%. But they’ll do what they do, they’ll find another few young players or a few smart signings somewhere and then, 2/3 years later, rinse and repeat. 

I actually see Dortmund maybe having a problem in selling Sancho. I say this not because he isn't a good player but because he is only 21 and has two years left on his contract and he is on big money (reportedly £110k a week.) 

For me, it makes much more sense financially for him to stay at Dortmund for another two years as: 

1) If he moves on a free his wages/signing on fee is going to be absolutely insane. 

2) Spending another two years in Germany at the age of 21, 22, 23 for the second biggest team there, means his development is still going to progress nicely. 

Personally, I would be slightly amazed if he really wanted to leave now. Only reason I can really see is if he is seriously homesick. 

Edited by King Kante
hace 14 minutos, King Kante dijo:

I actually see Dortmund maybe having a problem in selling Sancho. I say this not because he isn't a good player but because he is only 21 and has two years left on his contract and he is on big money (reportedly £110k a week.) 

For me, it makes much more sense financially for him to stay at Dortmund for another two years as: 

1) If he moves on a free his wages/signing on fee is going to be absolutely insane. 

2) Spending another two years, between the ages of 21-22 in Germany for the second biggest team there, means his development is still going to progress nicely. 

I think he had an agreement with them after last summer though, that he would stay another season and could go this summer because United had bid for him then but weren’t prepared to meet their price. 

What your saying makes sense for the player from his point of view but it also severely shafts Dortmund as they get no resale contributions at all, which is ultimately their business model if they like it or not, buy cheap, develop the player, maybe win a few trophies but then sell the player for a lot of profit. 

Lewandowski did this years ago for instance, going to Bayern on a free, Dortmund didn’t see a penny. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

All personal agreements with Man United are done with Sancho, his wage is not an issue. ManU submitted an initial bid and they are 20M apart. Unless we try to steal Sancho, I think ManU completes it. 

Edited by ZAPHOD2319
7 minutes ago, Jype said:

From what I've seen Hakimi is not that great in a back 4 but as a wing-back he is devastatingly effective and probably the best in the world at the moment. He's probably one of the fastest top level players out there so he would offer something no other FB / WB in the team currently does.

If he's signed, I'll happily have him in the squad but if the transfer doesn't happen I'm not that bothered because the wing-back areas are already pretty well covered.

Best wingbacks

LWB

Bukayo Saka (lol, can you imagine if we gangstered Arse's best player!!!)
Theo Hernández 
Robin Gosens 
Nuno Mendes   
Raphaël Guerreiro    
Ramy Bensebaini   
Angeliño 
Borna Sosa 
Ryan Sessegnon
Luis Díaz 
Abner Club (Athletico Paranaense)
Junior Firpo
Maxwel Cornet

complete wildcard

Noni Madueke

19yo winger, left footer, fairly big and very strong, insane pace

tore up the Dutch league when he played

London lad

I think he could be converted

1f10f2e6f09d4800ac3965442d6bfa7f.pnge221cfd73c11d7b39a564438854d1f79.pngPSV Teen Ace Noni Madueke Picks A Spot In England U21 Squad For Euros,  Shuns Super Eagles - OwnGoal Nigeria

RWB

Achraf Hakimi
Silas Katompa Mvumpa  (out with a knee injury atm though, if he recovers we could be a massive weapon if we fail on Hakimi)
Emerson Royal  
Nordi Mukiele   
James Justin 
Enock Mwepu   
Adama Traoré
Ridle Baku   
Zeki Celik 
Mert Müldür
Joakim Maehle 
Brandon Soppy
Noussair Mazraoui   
Denzel Dumfries   
Youcef Atal   
Pierre Kalulu  
Kevin Mbabu 
Valentino Lazaro
Devyne Rensch
Lutsharel Geertruida 
Wilfried Singo
Rasmus Kristensen

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Astute business, getting some money instead of walking away for free. 

• Like 1
Just now, Fernando said:

Astute business, getting some money instead of walking away for free. 

From what I read that's his salary, we promised to give him away for free.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Ruud Gullit was such a level above when he joined Chelsea it was almost comical. That despite having bad knees and at the back end of his career.

Without degrading the squad back then (especially Mark Hughes and also Dennis Wise who improved immeasurably as the club's profile increased), at times it literally looked like a professional football player playing a non league game. 

His peak is before my time, and obviously I've watched videos and clips of him, but purely based on how good he still was when he joined Chelsea makes me know how good he'd have been at his peak.

and he led us to our first major trophy in 26 years, becoming the first overseas manager to ever win the FA Cup

lol, then there is this

🤣

18 hours ago, Jas said:

It's kinda depressing that we have to rely on a bloody pandemic, a depressed market to be able to sign the best players around. Last year, it was Havertz, Werner etc. This year, we're trying it with Haaland. We don't seem to have a good standing when it comes to competing with other big sides and convincing players to join us, do we? 

Only Real Madrid and Barcelona signs whoever they want. Only two clubs in the world that is virtually every top player top choice, everyone else is circumstantial. Our chances are good as anyone after them. Nothing depressing. 

Havertz and Werner had other top offers, Lampard played a huge part. If all this is true or not, no way of truly knowing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Only Real Madrid and Barcelona signs whoever they want. Only two clubs in the world that is virtually every top player top choice, everyone else is circumstantial. Our chances are good as anyone after them. Nothing depressing. 

Havertz and Werner had other top offers, Lampard played a huge part. If all this is true or not, no way of truly knowing. 

Well... Actually Barça have many financial problems because of that and the unreal wages that paid to players. They are broken

• Thanks 1