Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

From what I remember watching Hakimi he was not anything impressive at Dortmund. Feel like he is inflated just like Moses and Alonso were during Conte first year at Chelsea.

Regardless that is a lot of money for a limited player. If the next coach doesn’t play 3-4-3, he basically becomes a useless player on the squad.

From what I've seen Hakimi is not that great in a back 4 but as a wing-back he is devastatingly effective and probably the best in the world at the moment. He's probably one of the fastest top level players out there so he would offer something no other FB / WB in the team currently does.

If he's signed, I'll happily have him in the squad but if the transfer doesn't happen I'm not that bothered because the wing-back areas are already pretty well covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• NikkiCFC

• Blues Forever

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

From what I remember watching Hakimi he was not anything impressive at Dortmund. Feel like he is inflated just like Moses and Alonso were during Conte first year at Chelsea.

Regardless that is a lot of money for a limited player. If the next coach doesn’t play 3-4-3, he basically becomes a useless player on the squad.

He's alright in a back 4. Not elite, but does a job. He's as close as Dani Alves as you could get given his attacking instincts. 

Should Tuchel leave he would still be very useful under a progressive manager. 

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you have to go back to those late 80's/early-mid 90's AC Milan teams (still the best in history for my money) where you have the combo of best player on the planet (Marco van Basten) on a team with such a crazy good supporting cast like those Barca sides had

Ballon d'Or

it is just insane

and the best of the lot, the 1991–92 Gli invincibili AC Milan side (undefeated in Serie A, and 58 straight games with no loss 1991-93), was banned from the CL because of that 'lights go out' game v Marseille the year before

c752d89ab8127fe818d736bb90c51a9a.png34fb750f45240bc132daaddfb1d6005c.pngb0b27d2f2c7dd691ef99ede11ffd307d.png

Ruud Gullit was such a level above when he joined Chelsea it was almost comical. That despite having bad knees and at the back end of his career.

Without degrading the squad back then (especially Mark Hughes and also Dennis Wise who improved immeasurably as the club's profile increased), at times it literally looked like a professional football player playing a non league game. 

His peak is before my time, and obviously I've watched videos and clips of him, but purely based on how good he still was when he joined Chelsea makes me know how good he'd have been at his peak.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Apparently we have agreed personal terms with Hakimi.

I can see this one being done in the next two weeks. 

• Like 1
Just now, King Kante said:

I can see this one being done in the next two weeks. 

I think we will buy him. Inter are in desperate mode, they need money, only risk I think is PSG if they offer something big.

Whilst Håland and Hakimi are fantasy signings I am very intrigued to see who we can get rid of this Summer/who will be sold. For me their are five categories of players that I think the club would do business on: 

Category 1 - Very good players that are surplus/Have buyouts but probably can be sold easily:

Tomori - £25m 

Zouma - £30m+

Tammy - £35m+

Moses - £4m

Ugbo - £4m+

Category 2 - Players that the club will keep and use in the first team squad but will sell if good offers come in: 

Ziyech - £30m

Giroud - £5m 

Category 3 - Players that can be sold if Granny doesn't demand top rates: 

Emerson - £10m+ 

Baba - £2m

Zappa - £4m+

Mizaga - £3m

Category 4 - Players that may be sold if they accept large wage cuts/their actual level and the club accept low fees: 

Barkley - £8m

RLC - £8m

Baka - £5m (probably Cat 5 however, hard to place.)

Category 5 - The New Age Bograde Posse - only not hanging around if we loan and accept to pay significant proportions of their wage (cat 4 fall into this cat if they do not accept a wage cut/Granny asks for too much)

Kepa 

Drinky

Batsh*t

What does everyone think, how many of the above list do people think we'll be able to shift. In my opinion, it will be the Cat 1 players with one one or two of Cat 2.

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Whilst Håland and Hakimi are fantasy signings

How is Hakimi considered a fantasy signing? 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Kante, he himself confirmed Mourinho made a personal call to him trying to convince him to pick United.

I know he hasn't lived entirely upto expectations but I would to an extent argue Jorginho aswell.

I'd argue that the Kante back in 2016 didn't have the same reputation as the Kante now, even though he was already good/great then.

But even if you include him, that's just like 2 players in almost a decade. 

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

I mean, he’s arguably the best in the world at his position…

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Jas said:

It is. It is like signing prime Maicon. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean, he’s arguably the best in the world at his position…

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

It is. It is like signing prime Maicon. 

Okay....not sure if I agree with that at all but for argument's sake, even if he is, he's not the Messi or Ronaldo of a wing back and his price tag is hardly astronomical compared to Haaland for example. 

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Okay....not sure if I agree with that at all but for argument's sake, even if he is, he's not the Messi or Ronaldo of a wing back and his price tag is hardly astronomical compared to Haaland for example. 

I think they just mean fantasy as in the best possible signing for the position, not fantasy as in unattainable. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Artandur said:

I think they just mean fantasy as in the best possible signing for the position, not fantasy as in unattainable. 

Still. I don't think Hakimi is considered too big for our club or someone you wouldn't have imagined us signing a month ago or something. 

6 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Trust Jas to create controversy around it 👍

Edited by R2D2
3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Still. I don't think Hakimi is considered too big for our club or someone you wouldn't have imagined us signing a month ago or something. 

Tbf, I don’t think anyone is too big for our club. By fantasy signing I mean someone who we didn’t think was possible because their clubs would be mad to let them go. Someone you had no idea was actually possible because they aren’t generally available.

4 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Trust Jas to create controversy around it 👍

How is that even controversial? 🤣