Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

4 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Yikes, maybe 3-4 years ago.

Am I mad for thinking we should go for Ronaldo? Considering he wants out, reportedly, and Juve want rid. If the fee was under £20m? Taking his wages into account to get 2 years out of him, similar to Silva. I think he’d have a great effect on our youngsters as well, demand even more out of them.

Even if it was just for a year before he scoots off to the US or elsewhere. I’d rather have him than splashing £100m+ on Lukaku.

if his fee is cheap AF, then hell yes, I would do it, 2 years is fine with me, and he is still a beast

f86ca8dbcb332fb20c272b0d75cbb717.png

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kounde is a 5-10 CB

we will get killed in the air

That's my concern...too small for a CB especially in premier league....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alabama said:

That's my concern...too small for a CB especially in premier league....

my big watch is Fofana, in the 2 games versus us

my dream due would be Marquinhos (agent Thiago) and Varane on the cheap (as he still wanst out of RM from what I see and it would be a nightmare for Manure to get him) I doubt Juve will cough up de Ligt atm, and the same with Bastoni at Inter.

It is funny how my targets (other than Fofana) have all drifted (Bastoni is 9th now) to the absolute top of T-Markt

we missed a huge trick in Dias (I fully admit I had my doubts on him because of the Liga NOS shit level)

I think Dias is the best CB on the planet atm, and he only turns 24 (tomorrow btw)

945c26dbcaec5c8d663e0cd784bb6432.png

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

my big watch is Fofana, in the 2 games versus us

my dream due would be Marquinhos (agent Thiago) and Varane on the cheap (as he still wanst out of RM from what I see and it would be a nightmare for Manure to get him) I doubt Juve will cough up de Ligt atm, and the same with Bastoni at Inter.

It is funny how my targets (other than Fofana) have all drifted (Bastoni is 9th now) to the absolute top of T-Markt

we missed a huge trick in Dias (I fully admit I had my doubts on him because of the Liga NOS shit level)

I think Dias is the best CB on the planet atm, and he only turns 24 (tomorrow btw)

945c26dbcaec5c8d663e0cd784bb6432.png

Marquinhos will be a dream especially with Silva and Tuchel here...but hard to get due to years remaining on his contract and been the captain of the club...Varane if he can return to his best form but the centre back I would like here is Jose Gimenez but injury prone....

Just now, Alabama said:

the centre back I would like here is Jose Gimenez but injury prone....

his injury history scares me too

it is why I came of the boil for him a year or so ago

plus his level dropped once his partner in crime for both club and country (Diego Godín) aged out and left AM

a 25, 26 yo Godín would be a perfect fit for us

but no such thing as a 10 year ago time machine, alas

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol, just saw Marquinhos has exact same b-day as Dias, just 3 years older, so he turns 27 tomorrow

00814c07777c966679e2a5952e7044d2.pngf8ece0ff3f89889af308a6ac838a706b.png

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

his injury history scares me too

it is why I came of the boil for him a year or so ago

plus his level dropped once his partner in crime for both club and country (Diego Godín) aged out and left AM

a 25, 26 yo Godín would be a perfect fit for us

but no such thing as a 10 year ago time machine, alas

You never can tell change of scenery and club can ignite him back

Just now, Alabama said:

You never can tell change of scenery and club can ignite him back

maybe BUT AM will not budge on his release clause (same as Oblak's AND Saúl Ñíguez's, all 3 are 120m euros, ie, £103m)

last summer:

Atletico Madrid have rejected a €100m offer from Manchester City for central defender Jose Gimenez. Atleti's president, Enrique Cerezo, said the Madrid giants will not accept anything less than his full €120m release clause.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

maybe BUT AM will not budge on his release clause (same as Oblak's AND Saúl Ñíguez's, all 3 are 120m euros, ie, £103m)

We pass at that price then...

Sergio Aguero snubs Chelsea as major transfer all but agreed

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/05/13/aguero-snubs-Chelsea-for-barcelona-transfer/

Sergio Aguero has reportedly agreed to join Barcelona on a free transfer when his contract with Manchester City expires this summer.

The Argentina international’s move to the Nou Camp looks to be in place as he’s tipped to accept a two-year contract to move back to La Liga, according to Sport.

Aguero’s City departure was recently made official, and it led to some speculation that he could end up staying in the Premier League.

At one point, TyC Sports claimed Chelsea were looking in pole position to win the race for Aguero’s signature, but it seems that is no longer the case.

In fairness, given Aguero’s horror penalty miss for City against Chelsea at the weekend, perhaps the west London giants changed their mind about the player!

The 32-year-old is still a fine player, however, and could have an impact as a squad player at Barca, even if he seems unlikely to be a regular in the starting XI.

Posted (edited)

Now you know why I say we are the most complicated club in the world

we have 67 players to sort out, 🙉

whether sell, keep on main team, loan out, renew, release, or keep on reserves/youth

Tammy Abraham
Marcos Alonso
Ethan Ampadu
Tino Anjorin
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Lewis Baker
Thierno Ballo
Ross Barkley
Lewis Bate
Michy Batshuayi
Nathan Baxter
Lucas Bergström
Jamal Blackman
Armando Broja
Izzy Brown
Willy Caballero
Juan Castillo
Trevoh Chalobah
Andreas Christensen
Jake Clarke-Salter
Levi Colwill
Jamie Cumming
Danny Drinkwater
Pierre Ekwah Elimby
Emerson
Bryan Fiabema
Declan Frith
Conor Gallagher
Billy Gilmour
Olivier Giroud
Marc Guéhi
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Jorginho
Kenedy
Kepa 
Henry Lawrence
Marcel Lewis   
Tino Livramento
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Ian Maatsen
Xavier Mbuyamba
Sam McClelland
Luke McCormick
George McEachran
Matt Miazga 
Victor Moses
Charly Musonda Jr. 
George Nunn
Danilo Pantić
Myles Peart-Harris
Abdul Rahman Baba
Dion Rankine
Jon Russell
Malang Sarr 
Teddy Sharman-Lowe
Thiago Silva (surely we will renew and keep him)
Dynel Simeu
Jude Soonsup-Bell
Dujon Sterling
Fikayo Tomori  
Ike Ugbo
Tariq Uwakwe
Marco van Ginkel
Ethan Wady
Jack Wakely
Davide Zappacosta
Karlo Žiger
Kurt Zouma

Edited by Vesper

Keep on main squad for sure IMHO (some are on the must sort out list):

15 (Abraham IF we do not get a good price makes 16)

Edouard Mendy    
Antonio Rüdiger 
Thiago Silva   
Ben Chilwell  
Reece James  
César Azpilicueta    
N'Golo Kanté    
Mateo Kovacic  
Kai Havertz  
Mason Mount    
Callum Hudson-Odoi    
Christian Pulisic  
Hakim Ziyech    
Timo Werner   
Olivier Giroud (I so hope we keep him for 1 more year)  

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Keep on main squad for sure IMHO (some are on the must sort out list):

15 (Abraham IF we do not get a good price makes 16)

Edouard Mendy    
Antonio Rüdiger 
Thiago Silva   
Ben Chilwell  
Reece James  
César Azpilicueta    
N'Golo Kanté    
Mateo Kovacic  
Kai Havertz  
Mason Mount    
Callum Hudson-Odoi    
Christian Pulisic  
Hakim Ziyech    
Timo Werner   
Olivier Giroud (I so hope we keep him for 1 more year)  

I don't agree with Giroud. He's been a great signing overall in my opinion and he came up clutch alongside Pulisic in the run in last season.

But against Arsenal highlighted that Giroud doesn't suit Tuchel's style. He's just not mobile enough to drift and drag players out of spaces. Those front 3 need to be fluent for this system to work. Whilst Havertz hadn't had the best of games against Arsenal, we looked significantly worse when Giroud came on and lost any momentum that we had pinning Arsenal in.

Tammy I think falls into the same category not due to his lack of mobility but his all round play on the ball again disrupts the fluidity. I think both will leave this summer.

It's a difficult position to be honest because we need a goal scorer but I don't think it's as simple as buying an out and out striker who contributes little else. Hopefully Tuchel has someone on his mind, maybe someone less obvious but would suit perfectly to his style. Regardless of this, we also need the other front players to improve next season on this season's goal tallies as they just aren't good enough.

Mount, Pulisic and Ziyech should all be getting 8 - 10 in the league, 12 - 15 all comps. Werner and Havertz i think should be aiming closer to 12 - 15 in the league each, and 18 - 20 in all comps. 

We get that level of output from the above which I don't think is an unreasonable expectation, and perhaps add another attacker to the mix to contribute and we'll be much closer to the top next season.

Regarding your list, I'd agree with all bar Giroud. I think Christensen should also be added, especially if we continue in a back 3 system which suits his skillset perfectly, and I also think he has the potential of being the long term replacement for Silva as the middle man in the 3 (just like he was primed to do under Conte).

I'd also add Jorginho. I understand he's a very marmite player but he's important for Tuchel's system, being able to control the game and whilst Tuchel is here, he won't be going. Take his mistake out from the other night and his form in the second half of this season has been very good. Similar to Christensen he's very suited to a back 3 system also where he has added protection behind him. I think we would benefit more long term if Gilmour went out on loan for a season or two before coming back and replacing Jorginho. We should be more concerned trying to find someone who can rotate with Kante and offer his role in the midfield.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I hope the Verratti rumours are true, would be a quality addition

Could ideally get 3-5 good years out of him. Much like Fernandinho, bloke takes care of himself. massively. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Could ideally get 3-5 good years out of him. Much like Fernandinho, bloke takes care of himself. massively. 

For sure, would be a lovely signing that will make us stronger......

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

For sure, would be a lovely signing that will make us stronger......

How is the recent injury record?

Hope there is improvement...

Would have taken Verratti some years ago, but not anymore.  Currently injured aswell. Don´t want to sound too much like Mourinho, but we already lack height in midfield so if there are other younger, less injury prone options on the market..