Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub


Tomo
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

 

Thank god. Another defender in the mould of Rudiger or Zouma who needs a brain like Silva playing alongside him is the last thing we need. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

 

read there's a 45m release clause. Leipzig identified him as Upamecano replacement

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strike said:

read there's a 45m release clause. Leipzig identified him as Upamecano replacement

Leipzig just signed Gvardiol and Simakan, as Upamecano and Konate replacements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Leipzig just signed Gvardiol and Simakan, as Upamecano and Konate replacements.

ah wires crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is an absolute must is that our next CB needs to either be elite or the proven potential to become elite. When a 37 year old is our best CB, it really shows the standard of what we have. 

I'd keep Christensen as he looks to be of value in our three at the back system. 

Silva is a no brainer to extend his contract. 

Dave also a no brainer for the back three. 

So that just leaves one of Rudiger or Zouma to fuck off. Personally, I want the former gone. Under Tuchel, it'll probably be Zouma. 

 

Silva/Rudiger/Christensen + an Elite CB

Dave as RB and CB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This one is at least laid out in a way that could make sense. Pulisic to Bayern to fund new transfers.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/02/22/pulisic-bayern-munich-transfer-news-Chelsea/

 

Personally I wouldn't be keen on giving up on Puli yet. Sure he hasn't been great this season but I think that is due to injuries which he may be able to recover from.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 14:00, Fernando said:

Tuchel has a bad rep for buys. 

That is the one thing I liked about Lampard. He push for amazing buys. 

I think with Tuchel we will go back to the crazy transfer like we had with Conte and what not. 

Please tell where are these a"amazing buys" cos all I see is unfit injured numptys

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What is an absolute must is that our next CB needs to either be elite or the proven potential to become elite. When a 37 year old is our best CB, it really shows the standard of what we have. 

I'd keep Christensen as he looks to be of value in our three at the back system. 

Silva is a no brainer to extend his contract. 

Dave also a no brainer for the back three. 

So that just leaves one of Rudiger or Zouma to fuck off. Personally, I want the former gone. Under Tuchel, it'll probably be Zouma. 

 

Silva/Rudiger/Christensen + an Elite CB

Dave as RB and CB

Would we continue with a back 3 though? I think signing a Ndidi type midfielder would enable this team to revert to a back 4. Would bring Chilwell and James right back into play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strike said:

Would we continue with a back 3 though? I think signing a Ndidi type midfielder would enable this team to revert to a back 4. Would bring Chilwell and James right back into play.

We probably will. Tuchel is flexible with his tactics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Strike said:

Would we continue with a back 3 though? I think signing a Ndidi type midfielder would enable this team to revert to a back 4. Would bring Chilwell and James right back into play.

Playing a back 3 is not something an elite team should aspire to. It's a coping mechanism to protect our frail defence. It helps keep a lot of possession, but as we've seen time and time again, it just isn't very good for creating chances. It is and always has been a defence first approach, possession being a big part of that. Tuchel probably looked at the squad and took into account that our defenders already are comfortable playing in a back 5 from Conte's time and took a pragmatic decision. If we get a good CB and DMF, I believe he more than likely will put one extra body upfield to really attack teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...