Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

59 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Nevermind the astronomical wages he would demand...

to play devil's advocate, it would be for one year only and no transfer fee

and his wages at 36yo will never be THAT high

Silva is asking for €10m for the year

https://www.football-italia.net/154695/report-thiago-silva-wants-10m-year

thats £175K PW

we can handle that for one year

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Sold Hazard, Aina, kalas, Luiz, Hector, Omeruo, Morata, Pasalic, Nathan for 204m Buying Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago for 205m Spending 1m so far this window is great business

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

He is free and we dont have cash for world class CB, while it wod be complete crap to go for another average, 40m+ Dunk, Tarkowski,...

Yet  we cant stick with only current CBs.

So Silva makes plenty sense. For a year, it would be great deal, because we can buy LB and GK then. And we can focus on CB or even two next summer.

Thats said, I think Psg let go Thiago because they offered 1 year and he wanted 2. Not sure why would he join us for one year. Id go with 2 tbh, but only if he accepts decent wages.

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

I cannot see us dumping €20m on him (2 years)

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

I'd imagine we have to offer him a minimum of 1+1 with the second year being dependent on number of games/achievements etc. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

I'd imagine we have to offer him a minimum of 1+1 with the second year being dependent on number of games/achievements etc. 

IF we bring in Havertz, Theo/Reguion or (more likely due to the buyback demands of the RM cunts and then Theo probably refusing to leave AC Milan) Chilwell, plus a goddman GOOD GK and Rice (DMF NOW, CB later, or just partially now), then I am totally oki with Silva for a year or so

Chilwell, Rice and say Onana will cost around £150-170m.(Havertz is already budgeted for)

we have more than enough dregs to sell (even at cut-rate prices) to get us there

I hope this is how we will look in August 2021. And I think it is realistic.

Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.

How to get 4 others? 

Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.

Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?

And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:

So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.

It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.

But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.

So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.

Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.

And I must say I am open to sell Kante and to go with other options.

lineup.png

• Like 2
Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.
How to get 4 others? 
Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.
Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?
And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:
So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.
It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.
But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.
So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.
Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.

lineup.png.3a4611e2a7ae09a7b7f70be677aad0aa.png
I must say, that's obviously not realistic. That's 8 new top level starters...that's ridiculous in one window. And honestly not healthy for a squad as a whole.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I must say, that's obviously not realistic. That's 8 new top level starters...that's ridiculous in one window. And honestly not healthy for a squad as a whole.

One window? Did you read the post or just saw the lineup? 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How to get 4 others? 

lineup.png

Three of those players are close to impossible in the next two/three windows. Oblak and Gimenez are too expensive and if you're doing over £100m on Gimenez you may as well just go for a De Ligt or Varane or something. 

Rice's contract makes him unlikely also, so unless West Ham are ready to take some serious dregs that are way overpaid, he is also tough. 

Kante imo is a 50/50 to being here, I reckon one good offer takes him as we need to free up some CM positions. 

As for the current squad, I do not see Mount getting dropped anytime soon and I think any new GK is going to have to be budget as Kepa is a massive drain on finances even if we loan him out as he will be something like no loan fee plus 50%+ of his wages. 

I like the idea of Thiago for a year or two. On top of being an amazing player, he's also an excellent mentor for young players. This squad needs some more leadership and experience at the high level. We're probably going to have to offload one of our current CBs though.

• Like 3

In terms of outgoing centrebacks, I would rather sell Christensen/Rudiger/Zouma depending on the market for them before considering sending out Tomori. 

• Like 1

What do guys think of ampadu? Honestly think he is good enough to play for us. With how Rudi and AC have performed, I would sell them both and get Thiago Silva and Ampadu in the squad. 

Tomori and Ampadu would learn so much from silva in the 1-2 years. 

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

20m euros for 2 years is nothing.

Dunk is rumored at 40m pounds and lets say 80-100kpw wages. Thats 8m a year (amortized) + 4/5 mil a year wages for the next 5 years after which the re-sale value will be 0. 

That too for a player who barely improves us, can hardly teach a thing or 2 to the likes of ampadu, Andreas, tomori.

6 hours ago, oldportblue said:

I’m all for the thiago silva signing as well but having said that, let’s see how he fares on sunday... if he gets absolutely roasted for several goals, maybe i’ll rethink that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying but this place has been crying out all season for leadership. Game after game we kept hearing "Someone fucking organise"

Can Silva come in and be worse than any of our CB's? No way, Rudiger mostly for me has been horrific, he would be benched straight off and Silva straight in. Not only this but he can be absolute golden behind the scenes and I'm a big believer in dressing room leaders too, and that doesn't have to mean he plays all the time.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

What do guys think of ampadu? Honestly think he is good enough to play for us. With how Rudi and AC have performed, I would sell them both and get Thiago Silva and Ampadu in the squad. 

Tomori and Ampadu would learn so much from silva in the 1-2 years. 

Depends whether we bring new players into these positions, but if I was Ampadu I would strongly consider staying and fighting for my place. I think his versatility to play two positions that are problems for us currently is quite intriguing and he should back himself to get game time. 

None of the centre backs currently at the club are guaranteed their place in the team and in some cases are on thin ice.

But I think the holding midfield position could be what he eyes up in all honesty. He's still raw there but he is a much more solid defensive option than the likes of Jorginho which seems to be what Lampard wants. If the stars aligned he could find himself the primary backup option to Kante and Kante already has doubts now over his long term fitness.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

If Chilwell plays bad, I hope Ashley Cole loses his job as a scout for us

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Cole is working as the academy coach.

• Like 1