Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Tomo
Followers 13

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Have my doubts but at this price it won't be a signing we're stuck with long term if goes wrong, will be able to recoup most of the fee. Hopefully he's signed prominently for CM/CAM, or in blunter English hopefully this signing isn't an indicator we've given up on Sancho.

Little risk, high reward.

I'd be surprised when we have Mount, RLC and Barkley in that position. Lampard particularly likes the first two.

He's played predominantly RW for Ajax so I would assume that is where he is being brought for us.

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• NikkiCFC

• Blues Forever

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea :Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Silva, Sarr, Chilwell. Man United in talks with the Greek Police 

Kounde for me is the most future center-back in world football. He is only 22 years old and has been playing in the elite since he was 17. He started as a right-back but went on to play as a center-ba

Posted Images

I follow some cool websites dedicated to betting tips and predictions because there is nothing better than some insight on PL coming from England based fellas or Eredivisie insights coming from Dutch people and so on and so forth. 

Here is snip of what a Dutch guy said before tonight's Vitesse v Ajax:

"So ajax with some VERY important players injured for this Clash.

The most important one is Ziyech ( according to Ten Hag on his way back though ). Those who thought that Frenkie De Jong and De ligt were the leaders are totally wrong. Ziyech is their best player because nobody creates more chances than Hakim. He can score and put players one on one with the Goalie.

Another important player that is injured is Promes who scored 11 (!) goals this season. Especially his connection with Ziyech has been remarkable as Promes scored a lot of goals because of him. Babel came from Galatasaray but he is not playing well in recent games."

Well dude is not the ultimate scouter but still I don't think he is wrong, I actually agree with him and I think Ziyech could truly be one of the most underrated players in Europe. For me it is a total mistery why he is not a Bayern player already since the rumours were very strong during last summer, but if this deal goes through then their loss is our gain. Truly a bargain for 40M if you ask me. 

Hope this is true. 

• Like 2

The Sancho utd talk being wanked furiously over by sky is nothing. They are stating he's leaving this summer, most expected that. They are saying utd are interested.... So are most other clubs! There is literally no news here to talk of. As for ziyech I'm more than happy. Looked very good against us and against spurs last year. Small fee which is surprising too. No complaints from me.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Do we accept that a deal for Ziyech close, or might this be a puff to drum up interest?

Is he dedicated to playing off the right or does he line up I other positions too? I'm asking because of the links with Sancho.

I would assume this deal is pretty far down the line of completion. The reports in Holland are all apparently very reliable and now British media seem to be reporting it as close too.

Matt Law also mentioned a few days ago that we tried to buy him in January, so he appears to be a main target.

With regards to the position, I'm not sure and I guess depends on what Lampard has planned. He can play centrally, however his regular position for Ajax has been wide right.

• Like 2

It is good to see activity.

Blues set for Boga talks

The Mirror reports Chelsea are set for talks today with Sassuolo over a possible return for midfielder Jeremie Boga to SW6

The 23-year-old, who joined the Italian club on a permanent move two years ago has been in fine form this season, scoring seven Serie A goals including strikes against Inter Milan, Juventus and Roma.

‘The French-born Ivory Coast star is being targeted by Monaco, Everton and Napoli, but Chelsea have first refusal on him after selling him to Sassuolo for £3.5million in 2018,’ states the report.

‘A buy-back clause was inserted into the midfielder's contract which would see Chelsea pay £12.7m to take him back to Stamford Bridge.

‘The London club are considering triggering that option and signing him at the end of this season, with Chelsea transfer chief Marina Granovskaia due to meet Sassuolo president Giovanni Carnevali for talks on Wednesday.

Carnevali recently said: ‘Chelsea can redeem Boga in June. We have a great relationship with the club and we met them before Christmas – also for other business.

‘They can take him back but we can also re-sign him, everything is open.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/02/12/media-watch--chelsea-advised-to-bid-for-celtic-striker--set-for-

Hakim Ziyech is replacement for Ross Barkley for that CAM Role.

Sancho is an incredible talent & would be a great signing for any team but getting Ziyech for £38m and Boga for £12.5m won't be bad at all. You spend £50.5m on these and you still have lots of money to strengthen other areas of the squad [LB, CB , ST and may be a GK too if need be]

• Like 3

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/12/chelsea-poisedto-sign-40m-winger-hakim-ziyech-ajax-summer/

Chelsea are set to hand head coach Frank Lampard a major boost by signing Hakim Ziyech for around £40 million from Ajax, despite the transfer window being shut.

As reported by Telegraph Sport on Tuesday, Chelsea had made Ziyech a priority signing after having an offer turned down by Ajax in January and director Marina Granovskaia has moved quickly to make sure he will join at the end of the season.

The agreement on a deal should be confirmed by both clubs this week, following productive talks, just under a fortnight since the January transfer window closed.

Ziyech was identified as one of Lampard’s major targets after the winger impressed during Ajax’s 4-4 Champions League draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in November.

Ajax were adamant he could not leave mid-season, but Chelsea wanted to complete a deal for him to move in the summer and eradicate the chance of a bidding war - in much the same way they agreed the transfer of Christian Pulisic last January and he remained in Germany until the end of last season.

Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United have both shown a strong interest in Ziyech, but Granovskaia managed to steal a march on Chelsea’s rivals.

Lampard expressed his frustration over Chelsea’s failure to sign any players in the January transfer window, despite the club succeeding in having their Fifa ban cut short.

But Chelsea and Lampard had been adamant that they did not want to repeat the mistakes of past transfer windows by panic buying players after failing to land their top targets.

The decision to wait for Ziyech, and turn down knee-jerk options such as Salomon Rondon at the end of the January window, represents the positive shift Chelsea have made in that regard and also ensures Lampard will have a full pre-season with the player.

Lampard has spoken of wanting to add experience to his young squad and Ziyech, who turns 27 next month, will provide that.

Ziyech will also give Lampard options as he has mainly played off the right wing for Ajax with the freedom to roam, but can also operate as a number 10 behind the striker and has earned comparisons with a former Ajax player, Christian Eriksen, in Holland.

Former Tottenham and Ajax manager Martin Jol said: “Ziyech is a really good player. He’s a bit like Eriksen in that he drifts and roams all over the place. He’s not physical, but he can influence games.”

Chelsea believe that £40m in today’s market represents excellent value for Ziyech, who has played 32 times for Morocco and has made over 100 appearances for Ajax.

Crystal Palace value Wilfried Zaha at £80m, while Borussia Dortmund expect to sell Jadon Sancho for around £120m in the summer.

It is unclear whether or not the signing of Ziyech will end Chelsea’s interest in Sancho, who is wanted by Manchester United. But it will certainly allow Lampard and Granovskaia to make progress on other targets ahead of what promises to be a summer of change.

Lampard will still have well over £100m, plus any money the club makes on sales, to spend on new players.

Other than Ziyech, Lampard wants to add another striker to his squad and has made left-back Ben Chilwell one of his major targets. The club will also look at their goalkeeping situation.

Olivier Giroud and Pedro Rodriguez will leave in the summer, while Willian is also yet to agree a new contract past the end of the season and left-back Marcos Alonso is keen to return to Spain.

Kepa Arrizabalaga’s future has been thrown into doubt by Lampard’s decision to drop him for the draw at Leicester City, although Chelsea would have to recoup over £50m to break even on the goalkeeper they spent £72m on and handed a seven-year contract two years ago.

Chelsea decided against a move to re-sign Nathan Ake in January, but could still consider trying to take him back to Stamford Bridge during the summer even though that would most likely mean allowing a centre-back to leave.

While the Ziyech deal will not directly impact Chelsea’s attempts to seal a top four place and Champions League qualification this season, it will provide Lampard and his staff with a timely lift.

Ahead of Monday night’s important game against Manchester United, Lampard’s mood will be much better than before the last match at Leicester City.

Speaking on transfer deadline day, Lampard pointed to the fact that all of Chelsea’s rivals in the race for Champions League qualification had made signings.

Lampard also claimed his team had become “underdogs” in battle for a top-four place, despite then holding a six-point cushion in fourth. That advantage has since been cut to two points by Sheffield United who have played a game more.

The arrival of Ziyech is not believed to be reliant on whether or not Chelsea secure Champions League football, but doing so would help the club to land more of Lampard’s major targets.

If I'm not mistaken, Ziyech is Moroccan, which means he will leave for the AFCON every 2 years (as long as Morocco get in each time). Does anyone know how good Morocco are/if they qualify each competition?

It will be a bummer to lose a potentially starting player for 6 weeks every other season. Now obviously if the player is good enough (like mane for example), you suck it up. But still one negative in the whole situation.

I like the signing though.

• Like 3

The AFCON is a good point. It will start right after the New Year so if we are to sign him, we will lose him for a month or so. Last time his country got eliminated in the Round of 16.

• Like 2

Top signing. 

Glad we are working early. 

Hopefully it's not this one and then we fall away later. But continue to do all transfer as early possible so we can get them for the pre season. 

• Like 3