Billy Gilmour

the wes

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'm worried about him now, expectations have now become far too high.

Soon as he hits as bad run of form the impatient crew who have systematically blasted Mason and Tammy will make this thread a toxic place quicker than you can say coronovirus.

Incoming the inevitable “Gallagher is better than him”. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

'm worried about him now, expectations have now become far too high.

I'd say unnecessarily high rather than too high, since it's only too high if he does not live up to it. Time will tell but, in the meantime, I do take your point. The attitude Chelsea people should adopt is that Billy's performance was encouraging, but nothing more than that. The press has a vested interest in seeing Billy become a story, our interest is in seeing him become a player. Hype helps the press, but it doesn't help Billy or us. He needs to keep his feet on the ground, and we do too.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm worried about him now, expectations have now become far too high.

Soon as he hits as bad run of form the impatient crew who have systematically blasted Mason and Tammy will make this thread a toxic place quicker than you can say coronovirus.

Can you really say bad run of form for a player who had one month honeymoon period and is producing nothing for more than a five months? 

And it's different, not all youngsters are comparable. 

For example, I never said one bad word about Pulisic, CHO or James because they have tremendous potential to be world class players. 

Even when people started dropping names for new goalkeeper I was loyal to Kepa because he's the one in bad run of form. Kepa showed us last season what he's capable of. 

Same goas for RLC. If his performances are not good in the coming months I won’t criticize him because he was out for 10 months with horrible injury and was one of the best players last season.

I'm sorry but I don't see similar potential in Mason. Imo you are one of the best members here and I agree with 95% of the things you say but not regarding Mount. 

Even when people try to defend him they go with things like: he's better than Barkley, great at pressing etc... 

I will celebrate the day when Willian leave this club because of the frustration he caused me with his end product but with Mount here being regular in the future I'll be frustrated even more. 

Also about Abraham... He will never be good enough to be our first striker. I don't need to see more to know that. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can you really say bad run of form for a player who had one month honeymoon period and is producing nothing for more than a five months? 

And it's different, not all youngsters are comparable. 

For example, I never said one bad word about Pulisic, CHO or James because they have tremendous potential to be world class players. 

Even when people started dropping names for new goalkeeper I was loyal to Kepa because he's the one in bad run of form. Kepa showed us last season what he's capable of. 

Same goas for RLC. If his performances are not good in the coming months I won’t criticize him because he was out for 10 months with horrible injury and was one of the best players last season.

I'm sorry but I don't see similar potential in Mason. Imo you are one of the best members here and I agree with 95% of the things you say but not regarding Mount. 

Even when people try to defend him they go with things like: he's better than Barkley, great at pressing etc... 

I will celebrate the day when Willian leave this club because of the frustration he caused me with his end product but with Mount here being regular in the future I'll be frustrated even more. 

Also about Abraham... He will never be good enough to be our first striker. I don't need to see more to know that. 

Fwiw I wasn't really refering to you more the ones who call him things like Lampard's nephew.

On 06/03/2020 at 4:10 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Depends on the size of the offer. Large enough and I'd accept City's contribution to our rebuilding fund, go with Jorgi, Kova and other midfield options, while waiting for Lewis Bate to grow into Billy's boots. 

Dont see why we would sell anybody to City,  yet alone a 18 year old with who huge potential who could be a key part of the side for 10 years+ once he gets consistent gametime. Not as if they would sell to us either.

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont see why we would sell anybody to City,  yet alone a 18 year old with who huge potential who could be a key part of the side for 10 years+ once he gets consistent gametime. Not as if they would sell to us either.

I agree it won't, and wouldn't, happen in either direction. I'm only offering a glimpse of an option I would consider.

6 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

This lad has the potential to be the best of the youth he isn’t going anywhere.

I believe that Lewis Bate is more talented. That is NOT the same as saying he will be a better player. It takes more than just talent so, even if I'm right about the comparison, it's no guarantee that Lewis will even be as good as Billy. I'm very interested to see how Lewis develops however. Were I in a position to do so, I would take him into account when making squad decisions. A manager might veto it on grounds of size, because they are both small, but it is certainly possible that the two could play together. Everything has to go into the melting pot when squad building.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I believe that Lewis Bate is more talented. That is NOT the same as saying he will be a better player. It takes more than just talent so, even if I'm right about the comparison, it's no guarantee that Lewis will even be as good as Billy. I'm very interested to see how Lewis develops however. Were I in a position to do so, I would take him into account when making squad decisions. A manager might veto it on grounds of size, because they are both small, but it is certainly possible that the two could play together. Everything has to go into the melting pot when squad building.

Perhaps but again (and this is not a dig direfted at your post either), when we have a young player breaking through we apparently have a better or more talented one in our youth set up/out on loan when things go south or talk of interest from other teams.

Mount breaks into the team half a year later, Conor Gallagher is all of a sudden much better/talented. 

Gilmour breaks into the first team set up, moving into the first team training ground, has a great game v Liverpool, linked with City, then we have someone more talented in the youth set up.

I have seen Lewis Bates and he does look like he could be a good player but I do think if these guys (him and Conor) were truely more talented theyd be in the first team squad 100%, thats my genuine view on it. Frank has shown he isnt afraid to give minutes or squad places to academy boys so there has to be a reason why if they are more talented that they arent in the squad. I do think its due to the fact they arent quite as talented or ready to the same degree the others are. Even Conte took Hudson-Odoi and gave him his debut because it was obvious he was more talented than many others and closer to being ready than many others in the set up. 

It will be interesting to see next season what Franks view on some of the younger guys out on loan ie Ampadu, Gallagher as well as Castillo, Sterling and Chalobah too maybe but I dont think any bar Ampadu will have a huge chanve of being in there next season. More so now he can sign players, I dont think hes going to throw these guys aside in the longrun but he knows ae need more proven quality in some areas to be more competitive.