Billy Gilmour

the wes

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

How did he get the injury?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Is it related to when he pulled up in the first half?

No mention of it in the presser but yesterday's reports mentioned he suffered it in the Palace game. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/09/chelsea-fear-billy-gilmour-will-miss-rest-of-season-with-knee-injury

48 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Is it related to when he pulled up in the first half?

Must be, he was holding his knee after the collision. What is more confusing is how he stayed on. Anyway, this is a annoying injury for him as it takes him out of the run in and pre-season. 

Lampard's full quotes on Gilmour earlier today...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/10/tammy-abraham-activates-one-year-chelsea-contract-extension

“I am very disappointed,” Lampard said. “I spoke with him yesterday at length and gave him some support. He is a tough boy. It hit him hard. I get that as well, as a younger player. He’s just made his breakthrough in recent times. He was doing so well.

“But I explained he should be very pleased with the impact he has had this season and that this is part of football. It is our job as players to get on with things. He will learn that lesson quickly. His attitude will get him back as quickly as he can.

“His character is fantastic, particularly with his age and personality he has shown getting in and around the first-team squad, pushing himself into the team. I’m very sure he will do everything right, put in the rehab and the work to tackle it. He has a close-knit family around him and we’re his family, too.”

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

it was so strange as well, becuase the presenters said to start watching Gilmour as it looks like he is carrying a knock, and it could get worse, and then he kept playing

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it was so strange as well, becuase the presenters said to start watching Gilmour as it looks like he is carrying a knock, and it could get worse, and then he kept playing

One hopes that maybe Gilmour and coaching staff thought it was just a minor knock and that he could continue playing. Otherwise, it's a serious negligence shown in this situation.