Billy Gilmour

the wes

He is going to be a great footballer in the future. In England deep playmakers like him are not appreciated much but I see a bit of Verrati/Scholes in him. He can tackle, run, dribble, pass and most importantly he has total awareness of everything on the pitch. He knows if someone is trying to close him down from the side because he takes a little look before the ball gets to him and gives the ball to the free man or dribbles out of the press. 

He is a managers dream, a captain on the pitch the way he controls the match. I would give my left nut to make him a starter right away from now. Even next season with all the new signings, if we can get super intelligent players like Gilmour and Havertz on the pitch at the same time, it would be on par with Mancity's KDB and Silva level intelligence on the pitch. We would be able to control matches where the team is better than us and totally dominate matches where we are better than the opposition (we saw this against Liverpool and Everton when Gilmour starts)

Chelsea have a rare gem here. He's my favorite player at the club actually.

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He is going to be a great footballer in the future. In England deep playmakers like him are not appreciated much but I see a bit of Verrati/Scholes in him. He can tackle, run, dribble, pass and most importantly he has total awareness of everything on the pitch. He knows if someone is trying to close him down from the side because he takes a little look before the ball gets to him and gives the ball to the free man or dribbles out of the press. 

He is a managers dream, a captain on the pitch the way he controls the match. I would give my left nut to make him a starter right away from now. Even next season with all the new signings, if we can get super intelligent players like Gilmour and Havertz on the pitch at the same time, it would be on par with Mancity's KDB and Silva level intelligence on the pitch. 

Chelsea have a rare gem here. He's my favorite player at the club actually.

Verrati, who I LOVE is a great comparison

if he is even 3/4ers of that, we got a real gem

you could make a strong case that Marco Verratti was the best CMF in the world for THIS season (de Jong is the closest competition)

he has been magnificent for PSG, 

even better player Gilmour reminds me of a WEE bit (and now I am just getting silly, as we are now getting up to football gods level lolol)

Xavi

6a94cbb95dc19a0ce8611be639ab1b72.jpg

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Verrati, who I LOVE is a great comparison

if he is even 3/4ers of that, we got a real gem

you could make a strong case that Marco Verratti was the best CMF in the world for THIS season (de Jong is the closest competition)

he has been magnificent for PSG, 

even better player Gilmour reminds me of a WEE bit (and now I am just getting silly, as we are now getting up to football gods level lolol)

Xavi

6a94cbb95dc19a0ce8611be639ab1b72.jpg

Gilmour has a lot of xavi traits in him. The way he dribbles out of pressure is sublime, elegant and fantastic to watch. Defenders and footballers in general love to play beside people like this

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Billy with 2 goals today against QPR. 

Screenshot_20200614-183228_Twitter.jpg

Who pulled out these stats :D 

As far as i'm concerned it should be him and Kova +1 for midfield positions (unless/until Billy has a bit of a rut then take him out the firing line for a bit).

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As far as i'm concerned it should be him and Kova +1 for midfield positions (unless/until Billy has a bit of a rut then take him out the firing line for a bit).

Exactly, we need him starting to continue his strong form which seems to influence the team as a whole against Everton and Liverpool. I would also want RLC to start but I dont know how fit he is since his injury so Mount should probable take the third midfield spot.