Billy Gilmour

the wes

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Fantastic performance. He has all Jorginho's attributes but with more speed and strength to boot. He has to be a starter from now on. There must be a reason why we are so comfortable anytime he's controlling the midfield.

Everton were awful tbh. So much space in midfield. 

However I'm inclined to agree. I want him to start the next few games. Next to Kovacic especially. 

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Fantastic performance. He has all Jorginho's attributes but with more speed and strength to boot. He has to be a starter from now on. There must be a reason why we are so comfortable anytime he's controlling the midfield.

Nah he played better than Jorginho. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Nah he played better than Jorginho. 

I even think he's a better passer than Jorginho, but I don't want to push it since he's young and it's only two games. 

Jorginho has this annoying knack for giving difficult to receive passes which makes the attacker need to take an extra touch before he can control the ball, Gilmour passes it on the grass, neat and tidy. And he also gets his head up before he receives a pass, so he knows if he's manmarked and who to pass to before the ball gets to him. He also covers so much ground its ridiculous. 

Gilmour reminds me of a young Verrati really

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am glad I can see Gilmour playing higher in the 2nd half. I am interested to see what happen when he has less space to operate. 

And he created a clear chance for Anjorin but unfortunately Tino shited in his pants 

I even think he's a better passer than Jorginho, but I don't want to push it since he's young and it's only two games. 

Jorginho has this annoying knack for giving difficult to receive passes which makes the attacker need to take an extra touch before he can control the ball, Gilmour passes it on the grass, neat and tidy. And he also gets his head up before he receives a pass, so he knows if he's manmarked and who to pass to before the ball gets to him. He also covers so much ground its ridiculous. 

Gilmour is the better passer imo not only that he has a good ball control ability which allow him to handle pressure which is important. 

It feels to me like Gilmour has more aggression about him - he may be small in size (similar to Jorginho) but is not afraid to get into challenges - and is a lot more mobile and agile than Jorginho.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Tino looked nervous. Maybe a loan will be good for him next year

For sure. Next two seasons if you ask me. 

But he is just a kid, he is not an alien like Gilmour :D

1 hour ago, Mana said:

> 150k a week

Thanks a lot CHO and Marina for setting the bloody bar.

This will likely be the case with all top clubs moving forward. TAA and Gomez will soon be given greater contracts. Foden too when he realises what his former youth team mates are earning. 

Investing in talented youth players could save a club a fortune in the long run. 

14 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Part of this is because Reece came in and took Billy's position. Billy was attacking more often after that. 

I think he is a good fit for the CDM position but I also want a senior like Jorginho around even next season and expectations to be tempered for a bit. All this Sky Sports praise is getting overboard.