the wes
Followers 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm worried about him now, expectations have now become far too high. Soon as he hits as bad run of form the impatient crew who have systematically blasted Mason and Tammy will make this thread a

A 18 year old making his debut as a sub for 20 minutes and you're writing him off I've never heard something so ridiculous. How the fuck can someone be called ordinary when you've seen him play for 20

Posted Images

Chelsea fans react to Billy Gilmour’s Champions League performance

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/chelsea-fans-react-to-billy-gilmours-champions-league-performance/

Chelsea recorded a 1-1 home draw against Russian club Krasnodar on Tuesday night – and some of the club’s fans on Twitter picked out midfielder Billy Gilmour as a major positive from the contest. 

It was a fairly dull affair at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League, as the Blues played out their final group stage match having already sealed top spot. 

Ex-Newcastle man Remy Cabella put visitors Krasnodar ahead in the 24th minute, but Jorginho equalised from the spot just four minutes later to earn a draw.

Manager Frank Lampard was able to rotate with 10 changes to his XI, which included a first ever start for academy graduate Tino Anjorin.

A selection of Chelsea fans on social media were in awe of 19-year-old Gilmour for his contribution on the European stage.

FBL-EUR-C1-CHELSEA-KRASNODAR

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Best thing for him would be a loan move. Otherwise, he would waste his potential here.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Nahh fuck that mate, FL will give him plenty chances im sure. Let him develop further here, absorbing the winning culture we have at Chels.

• Like 3
Nahh fuck that mate, FL will give him plenty chances im sure. Let him develop further here, absorbing the winning culture we have at Chels.
I don't see Billy getting many chance here. Mount plays most matches, Kovavic is in a very good form and he is sitting more often on the bench because of Havertz. So Mount, Kai and Kova will play most of the matches and currently, I think the no. 8 position is his best position because we do not have the players around him, so he could play the Pirlo role.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don't see Billy getting many chance here. Mount plays most matches, Kovavic is in a very good form and he is sitting more often on the bench because of Havertz. So Mount, Kai and Kova will play most of the matches and currently, I think the no. 8 position is his best position because we do not have the players around him, so he could play the Pirlo role.

We literally have Jorginho deputising for Kanté atm - would rather see Billy there imo. He's equally as good at 6 & 8 imo. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Plenty matches to go around, injuries etc. Now FL might send him away for a season soon but something tells me Lamps wont go for that option.

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We literally have Jorginho deputising for Kanté atm - would rather see Billy there imo. He's equally as good at 6 & 8 imo. 

I was actually going to ask this question. If Kante were to get injured (heaven forbid), who would be people's preference to fill in for him?

Jorginho obviously has the experience, but I think Gilmour's mobility and tenacity would give him the edge for me.

• Like 4

Think people need to be careful with placing too much expectation on Gilmour right now. While he has shown what he can do and bring to this team, his form and performances after the restart last season also showed his shortcomings, which is not surprise given he still only 19 years old.

Also, any talk of Gilmour going out loan should be thrown out of the window this season, unless we're buying someone in January. If we want to achieve things this season, then we need depth and after loaning Barkley and Loftus-Cheek out in the summer, we aren't exactly well stocked in the midfield. There are only Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Jorginho, Mount and Gilmour. 6 players for 3 positions is just nice. And as we saw with our 2 most recent injuries, 2 wingers out injured at the same time and we're suddenly down to just 2 players for the wide areas (and 1 of them is injury prone). It could easily happen with the midfield (touch wood, fingers crossed) and if Havertz and/or Mount are/is played out wide, then that will open space for the other midfielders to play. 

• Like 1
Think people need to be careful with placing too much expectation on Gilmour right now. While he has shown what he can do and bring to this team, his form and performances after the restart last season also showed his shortcomings, which is not surprise given he still only 19 years old.
Also, any talk of Gilmour going out loan should be thrown out of the window this season, unless we're buying someone in January. If we want to achieve things this season, then we need depth and after loaning Barkley and Loftus-Cheek out in the summer, we aren't exactly well stocked in the midfield. There are only Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Jorginho, Mount and Gilmour. 6 players for 3 positions is just nice. And as we saw with our 2 most recent injuries, 2 wingers out injured at the same time and we're suddenly down to just 2 players for the wide areas (and 1 of them is injury prone). It could easily happen with the midfield (touch wood, fingers crossed) and if Havertz and/or Mount are/is played out wide, then that will open space for the other midfielders to play. 
We also could loan him out and just give guys like Anjorin and Lewis Bate a chance. We have enough quality from our youth. Next year, Gallagher will also be back and Billy has no chance without a top class loan to make it at Chelsea, even though he, might be more talented than some of the other players.

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We also could loan him out and just give guys like Anjorin and Lewis Bate a chance. We have enough quality from our youth. Next year, Gallagher will also be back and Billy has no chance without a top class loan to make it at Chelsea, even though he, might be more talented than some of the other players.

Next season, maybe. This season? Hell no. Crazy to just expect Bate or Anjorin to come in and perform when we are trying to achieve something this season. Bate, Anjorin may be talented but there's a reason why they are still mostly with the academy while Gilmour is already training with the first team for over a year now. We'll have lots of games this season. Form, injuries, suspensions etc will come into play. Gilmour will get his fair share of opportunities. 

Next season, maybe. This season? Hell no. Crazy to just expect Bate or Anjorin to come in and perform when we are trying to achieve something this season. Bate, Anjorin may be talented but there's a reason why they are still mostly with the academy while Gilmour is already training with the first team for over a year now. We'll have lots of games this season. Form, injuries, suspensions etc will come into play. Gilmour will get his fair share of opportunities. 

So, just waste Billy's potential so he might play 5 more games? He will not start in the next round of CL because the next stage will be against the big boys. We are out of the Caraboa Cup, so only FA cup left and he will play the next few rounds of FA cup. Mount, Kovacic and Havertz are rarely injured, so not much PL game action for him

You make it seem like Billy is that experienced. He played 5 matches or something like that and he is as experienced as the other youth players.

Furthermore, Lewis Bate is as good as Billy at youth level and I would even say that he is more versatile than Billy. He wins much more tackles than Billy, but still has the vision of Billy. Highly underrated

33 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

So, just waste Billy's potential so he might play 5 more games? He will not start in the next round of CL because the next stage will be against the big boys. We are out of the Caraboa Cup, so only FA cup left and he will play the next few rounds of FA cup. Mount, Kovacic and Havertz are rarely injured, so not much PL game action for him

Injury, form, rotation, COVID etc. Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, Kante etc are not superhumans. They aren't going to play every game. And Lampard already showed last season that he's not afraid to play Gilmour in Premier League games either.

33 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You make it seem like Billy is that experienced. He played 5 matches or something like that and he is as experienced as the other youth players.

Furthermore, Lewis Bate is as good as Billy at youth level and I would even say that he is more versatile than Billy. He wins much more tackles than Billy, but still has the vision of Billy. Highly underrated

I made Gilmour like he's experienced? :lol: I literally just said this!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Moreover, your argument about the need to send Gilmour out on loan so that his potential is not wasted could also be used for Bate. Why not send him out on loan instead so that his potential is not wasted? 

Think Frank fancies a fully fit Billy over Jorginho. I expect he'll get quite a bit of action this season. Especially because we know Frank is very aware of overusing Kante. 

We need both Kante and Gilmour. It is going to be a long and congested season. There should be enough games coming quickly for both of them to get the minutes they need to stay sharp. If we sent Gilmour away and Kante gets injured like last year.... yikes.

• Like 2