Super Frank Thread

13 minutes ago, Stats said:

While Barkley has dropped of, it is not as absurd as suggesting Gallagher is better than Mount as he is a full England international but generally speaking, yes I agree with you. I guarantee it will take 2-3 games for CHO to pick up some form then there will be sudden calls for him to be starting regularly....

IF CHO picks up form and Willian continues his turgid downward slide, then anyone NOT suggesting we give CHO a go for a few is just being silly

we do not have Liverpool's front 3

nor Spud's front 3 (now that Moura seems to be the starting RWer for the year)

we do not have any etched in stone places on the team (nope, not even Kante, not the position we play him at), other than Kepa (and a decent backup would be giving him a hard time atm) and Rudiger (when healthy)

Kovacic should be, he has been our best overall player so far this season, and I expect Reece to soon be too, hopefully by next season

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Gallagher is playing in the Championship

let's seem him do it at big boy level before we start comparing him to Mount

What has Mount done exactly at a big boy level except starting this season to think Gallagher can't do? Mount has been beyond useless in the last few games, any other manager and he wouldn't even feature in the squad if not for uncle Lampard. I see the myth he is a goal scorer, yeah as consistent and threatening as Oscar was here. Mount can only dream of reaching the heights Barkley has shown at his best. Mount is easily the worst youngster in our batch and most overrated here a jack of all trades master at nothing.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

What has Mount done exactly at a big boy level except starting this season to think Gallagher can't do? Mount has been beyond useless in the last few games, any other manager and he wouldn't even feature in the squad if not for uncle Lampard. I see the myth he is a goal scorer, yeah as consistent and threatening as Oscar was here. Mount can only dream of reaching the heights Barkley has shown at his best. Mount is easily the worst youngster in our batch and most overrated here a jack of all trades master at nothing.

way too harsh

and Barkley has been a flop

Mount needs more time

he has been pure shit lately, but I expect him to snap out of it

Barkley needs to be sold this summer

his career has been a bust overall

hopefully Mount doesn't end up the same or worse

Mount reminds me of Oscar. Great at pressing and pretty good at shooting. That's it. Zero creativity, which is something needed to make a good no. 10 and is also needed here at Chelsea because we don't have Creative players.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Nicco said:

What has Mount done exactly at a big boy level except starting this season to think Gallagher can't do? 

Are you waiting for Reece's first blip to tell us all Dujon Sterlings better?

Just to add further context these were Mount's stats upto and including the Liverpool game. There's no denying he's been average to poor recently, but you think a start like this alone would buy anyone new to the league some time, let alone a 20 year old homegrown kid.

And we have the cheek to moan at Roman for supposedly being impatient, some of our fanbase make him look as patient as the guy who decided to stick by SAF.

skysports-mason-mount-chelsea_4778025.jpg.983d43824590b09d4786c82dda00e672.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So you can't respond to the question, not surprised people don't even know what to say about Mount except he is a "goal threat", and linking midfield to attack gimmick.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

So you can't respond to the question, not surprised people don't even know what to say about Mount except he is a "goal threat", and linking midfield to attack gimmick

I actually have in my post just now.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Just to add further context these were Mount's stats upto and including the Liverpool game. There's no denying he's been average to poor recently, but you think a start like this alone would buy anyone new to the league some time, let alone a 20 year old homegrown kid.

And we have the cheek to moan at Roman for supposedly being impatient, some of our fanbase make him look as patient as the guy who decided to stick by SAF.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Those stats are from the first 5-7 matches when Jorgingo and Kovacic were doing everything in the midfield, and everything was clicking, what has he done since then? 

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Everything was clicking? Did you see our results in August? 

Point is he came in and was for two months one of our better players, surely that alone earns him a bit of patience through his first serious sticky spell in his entire career? That's the exact thing we'd be saying about a player who was new to the league from abroad for big money, so why can't that apply to a 20 year old HG lad?

He plays full matches so either he shows something for it or he gets rightfully criticized. Pulisic was thrown on the bench when he was just finding his feet so what exactly warrants this guy starting and playing full matches since lately it looks like were playing in 10 men right now with him. Lampard is definitely obsessed with playing him, no explication on why he should start and not try Barkley he can't possibly be worse. 

Whats your point we should have patience with him and continue playing him until he suddenly gets half good again? Lampard is definitively biased with this guy and I don't understand why, he dropped Tomori for no reason but keeps playing Mount.

9 minutes ago, Nicco said:

He plays full matches so either he shows something for it or he gets rightfully criticized. Pulisic was thrown on the bench when he was just finding his feet so what exactly warrants this guy starting and playing full matches since lately it looks like were playing in 10 men right now with him. Lampard is definitely obsessed with playing him, no explication on why he should start and not try Barkley he can't possibly be worse. 

Whats your point we should have patience with him and continue playing him until he suddenly gets half good again? Lampard is definitively biased with this guy and I don't understand why, he dropped Tomori for no reason but keeps playing Mount.

I've already said he shouldn't be immune to criticism or even took out the side, it's writing him off totally I've taken exception too (that's what I mean by patience). Similar was being said about Pulisic in September and Tammy after Istanbul.

And Mount has been dropped in 3 of our last 7 games, we're not exactly talking a Jose/Ivanovic situation.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've already said he shouldn't be immune to criticism or even took out the side, it's writing him off totally I've taken exception too (that's what I mean by patience). Similar was being said about Pulisic in September and Tammy after Istanbul.

And Mount has been dropped in 3 of our last 7 games, we're not exactly talking a Jose/Ivanovic situation.

I'm no expert obviously but I don't see anything in this guy unlike James, Tomori and maybe CHO that makes me believe he will be anything else than another squad number, hope I'm wrong though. That said I still hope Lampard drops him on the bench next few matches and starts the normal Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante midfield since that's easily our best.

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

I'm no expert obviously but I don't see anything in this guy unlike James, Tomori and maybe CHO that makes me believe he will be anything else than another squad number, hope I'm wrong though. That said I still hope Lampard drops him on the bench next few matches and starts the normal Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante midfield since that's easily our best.

Alongside Rudiger, I would completely agree that they are our best players in the squad and all at a prime age in their careers.

But I don't think the three as a combination is actually our best midfield and this is where things are problematic at the moment.

In my opinion all three are better suited to playing in a midfield two. Playing the three together just doesn't seem to click properly.

Last season they were probably Sarri's chosen midfield three and it was a massive struggle because none of them offer huge attacking ability and/or instinct. Last season any attacking play and impetus we had was nearly exclusively courtesy of Hazard and without that luxury this season Lampard has had to try and change our approach and be more attack minded to plug that gap. I feel reverting to a midfield three of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante takes far too much away from us offensively, especially in some of the recent games where we should be winning anyway.

I think this is where Mount's importance comes into play as he is the one that can link the midfield and attack together. Barkley would be the other option but he's been injured for a fairly substantial period and wasn't on the bench Saturday (still suffering) so options have been limited. The other option would be to bring Willian or Pulisic into a central role and play CHO or Pedro but both have looked pretty abysmal in recent times.

A fully fit RLC this season would have flourished in this role I believe. It's tailor made for him to have a bit of a free reign to drop deep, push forward, etc. It would have helped Mount too because at the moment he probably is suffering a little and needs a rest but other's aren't performing either.

But I think the idea he's overrated is way off the mark. He might not be the classiest of players but he is very effective at what he does and he's the sort of player that manager's love to have at their disposal because he's extremely hard working and intelligent (his pressing, the spaces he picks up, etc). It's not a coincidence that our loss of form has coincided with Mount's, much in the same way that Derby last season went through a difficult period when Mount got injured.

5 hours ago, Nicco said:

So Mount should not start game. Who should start over him?

You can't play kova and Kante every game. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Incomparable. Gallagher is having even better season than Mason with Derby and Sterling cannot make it to the Wigan's starting lineup while Reece was theirs POTY. 

This place is seriously getting more ridiculous of late. Results go downhill, players go out of form and then people - some who even rarely show up - suddenly appear to call them useless, overrated, shit, Player X is better than Player Y or whatever else along those lines. What a fucking joke! Almost make me want to just ban them all! :middlefinger::rant: