Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

There won't be riots. A sensible Chelsea fan would know that while Lampard is a club legend, he isn't a legend by coaching. There will NOT be riots at all if we fail to get top 4 this season, no trophies, mid-table and he gets the sacking.

He would have failed all his targets and he alsoΒ gave us hope that we can clinch CL spot.

Most of us did not expect us to get top 4 without hazard and with a transfer ban. Infact most of us did not expect top 6.Β 

So I am trying to understand you pov, If we do get top 4, lamps should be sacked cause he showed what he could do by making us playing great football and giving us a top 4 hope? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That seems perfectly logical. πŸ˜‚

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

This would have been true IF the transfer ban still ran through January.

Having a 10 point gap from the chasersΒ to 7th place isn't simplyΒ good enough.

This is why I was worried when we had that winning run, expectations became too high.

The reality is we're not as good as we made ourselves look then and are not as bad as we're making ourselves look now, we're going to look shit against Bournemouth but equally there be times we out football Ajax in their own backyard.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

So this is similar to the OleΒ situation, except our honeymoon period came a little later instead of immediately.

This is it then. We are going to hold a lot of L's this December. Ever since the last international break, we have been super poor in the Premier League.

Ajax are a young side just like us, and they just crashed out of the CL. They are good, but not superstars like people make it out to be. FFS they bottled against bloody Spuds last season.

I'm aware some of the players are just simply not good enough and uncoachable. That's why Lampard has a huge decision this January to try and fix that. Get rid of the deadwood, and bring in players that will freshen up our squad.Β 

I'm actually beginning to think we shouldΒ cut our losses in the CL and just focus on getting top 4. We are not winning that CL, and we will lose money to spend and reputation if we are not in next season's CL again.

if we draw anyone other than RB Leipzig (and even they are going to be a nightmare) ourΒ losses will be cut for us, more than likely

we cannot go from losing to West Ham, Everton,and a massively injured Bournemouth squad (and scoring a total of 1 goal in those 3 games) to beating Barca, Juve, etc IF we stay on current form

at least we have a chance to strengthen the team until the knockout stage starts

although who knows what we can actually do in January

Ajax are a young side just like us, but they crashed out of the CL. They are good, but not superstars like people make it out to be. FFS they bottled against bloody Spuds last season.
I'm aware some of the players are just simply not good enough and uncoachable.

You know who else bottled against bloody Spurs last Season in CL? Man City, who last Season won PL btw. So Man City last Season does also have Good players but no superstars right....

Yes, we have some young players but Today only Tammy, Puli and Mount started out of our "young players". Players like Willian, Azpi, Zouma, RΓΌdiger, Michy are playing shit and they have all the experience in the World.

Only Mount really played bad out of our young players and he did only start because Lamps Wanted to Rest Kova.Tammy is with Kova our most important player

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

if we draw anyone other than RB Leipzig (and even they are going to be a nightmare) ourΒ losses will be cut for us, more than likely

we cannot go from losing to West Ham, Everton,and a massively injured Bournemouth squad (and scoring a total of 1 goal in those 3 games) to beating Barca, Juve, etc IF we stay on current form

at least we have a chance to strengthen the team until the knockout stage starts

although who knows what we can actually do in January

But a lot can change before then.

On the form of October we would have won the last four league games on an aggregate score of about 14-3.

Form will fluctuate with us until the young one's fill out.

'That's not the team I want to manage': Frank Lampard furious with his Chelsea side after Bournemouth defeat as he calls on his players to have the 'balls' to excite supporters

Dan Gosling's over-the-head flick let Bournemouth stun a turgid Chelsea 1-0
This condemning Frank Lampard's men to a fourth league loss in five matches
Former Blues midfielder Lampard criticised his players for lacking urgency
Chelsea struggled in recent losses to West Ham and Everton against low-blocks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7793277/Frank-Lampard-furious-Chelsea-Bournemouth-defeat.html

4 hours ago, Mana said:

The transfer ban has now been lifted.

....um no? Where did I say that if Lampard gets top 4 he should be sacked?

You're the one that's not being logical.

I think the gist of the post was self explanatory. It did contain a typo so I can get your point. It was "if we don't get top 4".Β 

Also the transfer ban is lifted but it's a January transfer window and we all know the kind of talent or lsck of it available then.Β 

But it's nice to know people already want frank out. Lol.vπŸ˜‚

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am blocking them now

only the 2nd person ever

congrats!

Did it ages ago. Been aΒ happier man since then. Trust me.

Β 

Back to topic.Β Well, the winter is coming. We are still in a good position.Β No need to worry.Β We will have a better squad next year and will show the world who we really are.

But a lot can change before then.
On the form of October we would have won the last four league games on an aggregate score of about 14-3.
Form will fluctuate with us until the young one's fill out.
Today only Tammy, Mount and Puli started, who are young players.
All the others are experienced players. What did they do?Nothing. Their form worries me more than the form of Puli or Tammy. Mount obviously needs to sit on the bench but this is something I have been saying for a while

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

'That's not the team I want to manage': Frank Lampard furious with his Chelsea side after Bournemouth defeat as he calls on his players to have the 'balls' to excite supporters

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7793277/Frank-Lampard-furious-Chelsea-Bournemouth-defeat.html

that reminds me sarri after the defeat with arsenalΒ :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

5 years after Mourinho said a similar thing following the 1-0 loss at Palace...

13 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Thats fair.....but we were not comfortable today. We did nothing, too slow and without ideas. If King had his shooting boots on we were fucked hard. Problem with pep was that he could go spend 250m on defence alone. Shit we are lucky if we spend that amount overall in summer. I wouldnt mind if he went a bit pragmatic to ensure we have a bigger chance of top 4 and then bolster up and try his way again. Cuz we def need CL footy,

Comfortable as in defensively. To be fair so were bournemouth. There is no where to hide, it was a pathetic performance. Not many (if any) positives to take from the game.

Agree with pep, but I think our squad is in a much better shape than pep's was when he came in. Not quality-wise, but age-wise. We have a lot of players who are yet to even hit 60-70% of their peak. We have mount, puli, reece, tomori for whom its the first season in PL, tammy who is playing his first season with a big team. There are many positives from this season still despite the 4 out of 5 defeats and some very poor performances lately. And this is my problem with "fans" who want lamps out. I mean its a transition season and how many of us thought we would be 4th without hazard. Yes, there are problems and teething issues, but nothing that cant be solved. A certain fan goes on and on and on about the number of transfers we need and the number of "not good enough players" and yet wants him out. I mean WTF is wrong with some. You want the players out, the manager out, you ridicule the board, so what are you supporting in the club.Β 

As for top 4, I honestly dont think getting players is an issue. I mean looking at arsenal (auba and laca), united who got the players they wanted. Financially, we may/might need it, but as a pull for players, I dont think so.

Anyways, lets hope the week long rest helps the team and the board are burning the midnight oil to get the transfers lamps wants.

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Did it ages ago. Been aΒ happier man since then. Trust me.

Β 

Back to topic.Β Well, the winter is coming. We are still in a good position.Β No need to worry.Β We will have a better squad next year and will show the world who we really are.

I am just going to see how it plays out, and after yesterday, I am staying out of the whole Lamps thing, other than tactics and subs. It is not worth it for me to get all worked up over something that I do NOT want to see at all (sacking) and like the rest of us, haveΒ no control over other than my pippin'Β up on the net, lolol

I made the mistake of laying out a conditional pathway where I could support it, but all that did is start drama that I do not need. Some things are better left unsaid.

I just hate to see these losses to shit teams. Big teams I can accept (do not like it, but still, it is what it is)

cheers

It is complex.

I like Frankie, he took on the trickier option, an offensive football he doesn't give up on, with the youngsters.
We don't see him parking the bus or making easy decisions.

This, rather than securing something in the short term, is a vision of the future, and what we can best learn from it will not be this year.

Nothing was expected this year.

Frankie has failed like many players for his inexperience, and this is absolutely normal.
What you have to know is whether he knows what he failed or what he is failing.

The physical and tactical management of the team.

It's time to stop this bad cycle, physical, tactical and psychological work being done.

We cannot let players drop their arms.

It was not all good until now and it is not all bad now.

I'd rather we build the foundation so that we can be stronger in the future and be in one or two years fighting for the top than making decisions and spending all our money for short-term goals.
So that maybe next year we will be in an even worse situation.

It is necessary to support Frankie and the players.
They need this support now!

If we can recover physically and psychologically, possibly even with a good signing in January, we can still enjoy a good second part of the season.

We have Champions League where we can play without pressure and enjoy. These players can surprise any giant if they are fresh and confident.

Let's get over it!

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Comfortable as in defensively. To be fair so were bournemouth. There is no where to hide, it was a pathetic performance. Not many (if any) positives to take from the game.

Agree with pep, but I think our squad is in a much better shape than pep's was when he came in. Not quality-wise, but age-wise. We have a lot of players who are yet to even hit 60-70% of their peak. We have mount, puli, reece, tomori for whom its the first season in PL, tammy who is playing his first season with a big team. There are many positives from this season still despite the 4 out of 5 defeats and some very poor performances lately. And this is my problem with "fans" who want lamps out. I mean its a transition season and how many of us thought we would be 4th without hazard. Yes, there are problems and teething issues, but nothing that cant be solved. A certain fan goes on and on and on about the number of transfers we need and the number of "not good enough players" and yet wants him out. I mean WTF is wrong with some. You want the players out, the manager out, you ridicule the board, so what are you supporting in the club.Β 

As for top 4, I honestly dont think getting players is an issue. I mean looking at arsenal (auba and laca), united who got the players they wanted. Financially, we may/might need it, but as a pull for players, I dont think so.

Anyways, lets hope the week long rest helps the team and the board are burning the midnight oil to get the transfers lamps wants.

Lets see how we perform rest of december and jan, we have to jump start the engine again somehow, Frank has his hands full thats for sure.

We def need CL, the revenue alone is worth it as you said. And players today tend to love playing in CL....we might still get quality in but having CL footy can only help our case.

I dont mind fans showing their discontent towards their owner and boards etc. Look at arsenal, they are well within their rights to diss the shit out of them. I for one am not very happy with our board, there is no planning, no forsight, buying dross for so much money etc.

I dont think we'll get Top 4 and didn't expect to anyway. It's only cause of how we started after a few dodgy games and how other teams also started slow that we were up there. Now we're on a slip slip and it's what we do now...again...that matters.

4 losses is 5 games is shit though especially against 3 sides really we should've done better against or least looked like we had a chance.