Super Frank Thread

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah, they built their defensive blocks secondary after building their pressing, midfield structure and philosophy is what I meant, the party line is it should be done the other way round where I don't think that's true anymore.

For me it doesn't matter how you build your team. It is all about to achieve balance someway. In our case, we are one very good dm from being competitive + a very good lb from being very2 good. 

But to get from very2 good to title winner, we need our young guns to take the next level. We can only just wait and see. 

Chelsea must mind the gap between midfielders and defense on transition

https://theprideoflondon.com/2019/12/03/chelsea-midfielders-defense-transition-gap/

Chelsea have shed their reputation as a defense-first team, but that is not exactly a good thing when they are losing to West Ham. Reclusive Pride of London contributor Siddarth V identifies the areas where Chelsea need to patch up their form.

Chelsea escaped defeat against Valencia, but the fans did not have much time to recover and enjoy the narrow fortune. With the fixtures coming thick and fast, the relief quickly gave way to the suffering of a 0-1 loss to West Ham at home on Saturday.

Chelsea have problems to sort out on both the ends of the pitch: from being clinical in front of the goal to being quick and compact in defensive transitions.

This season in the Premier League, Chelsea’s goals per match has increased from 1.66 last season to 2.15 under Frank Lampard. They are just four behind the league leaders Liverpool for goals scored (although they are fourth in goals score overall, 11 goals short of Manchester City).

However, at the other end of the pitch, Chelsea have the second worst goals against of the top six teams – the actual top six, not the “traditional top six” – with 20 conceded. This is eight higher than last season at the same stage. Lampard cannot continue with a gung-ho philosophy of “we will score more goals than the opponents” in every match, simply because sometimes they cannot score any at all.

A few weeks back, when Jose Mourinho wasn’t the Tottenham manager but was a TV pundit (has ever there been a more insightful one?), he explicitly stated his concerns about Chelsea and their performance against the bigger teams. The results against Manchester City and Valencia validate Mourinho. Chelsea’s record against the top sides (including in the Champions League) this season have been 1W-5L-3D.

Hate Jose Mourinho all you want, but he might have a point here. And what is more concerning is that he now is manager of one of Chelsea’s rivals and can exploit these very weaknesses when Chelsea clash with Tottenham in under three weeks.

snip

more at the link

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Maybe back in time but the build from the back notion is outdated. In an era where high pressing and midfield domination is key, those are the areas you have to look at first.

Cant agree with that my man, defence will be crucial at any era, no matter the style.....to me anyway. Posters have already come up with reasons why that is so. A strong defence will get you far and if on top you have a good midfield and attack then you have what we had in our hayday.

Yet another match that is on him. Some baffling decisions, and an awful game management. I expect much more from someone so intelligent like him. Yes, he is a novice, but come on, he cannot be serious after today. Something needs to change drastically. He is not helping yourself. AT ALL.

Hilarious and embarrassing management from him. Jorginho, Tomori and Emerson should've all started today without a doubt. Fuck his nephews Mount and Zouma obsessed with playing those 2 average players each single match, fucking sick of them especially the later.

Yet another match that is on him. Some baffling decisions, and an awful game management. I expect much more from someone so intelligent like him. Yes, he is a novice, but come on, he cannot be serious after today. Something needs to change drastically. He is not helping yourself. AT ALL.
Playing Azpi, Christensen, Mount und Zouma is just stupid.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I would cut him loose now before to much damage is done. We have an Ole on our hands. Ruthless Roman is needed in this instance. Di Matteo was fired for less than this and he won us the champions league

Hilarious and embarrassing management from him. Jorginho, Tomori and Emerson should've all started today without a doubt. Fuck his nephews Mount and Zouma obsessed with playing those 2 average players each single match, fucking sick of them especially the later.

I agree. With Emerson, Tomori and Jorgi we would have been way better

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would cut him loose now before to much damage is done. We have an Ole on our hands. Ruthless Roman is needed in this instance. Di Matteo was fired for less than this and he won us the champions league

Are you joking or for real?

Of course I am fully behind him. We have committed to this season so I stand by him. But I cannot ignore obvious errors of his. I counted on his intelligence but damn, he has so much to learn still. Which was clear from the day one. Heads needs to start rolling after today's performance. He just cannot start this defence again.

It's no surprise we have gone downhill since the drop in form of Jorginho. 

He was the one making us tick. Jorginho and Kova helped our team tremendously in the first few months. 

It's no surprise because the same thing happen with Sarri. Played awesome and then fell apart. 

Apart from Jorginho we have no one that can truly help us control mid and creativity. 

That is one major problem that i have been saying as to why a backup to Jorginho would be amazing as the guy cannot hold entire season......

And last defense is horrible. I'm not going to say much more then let's hope Lampard is smart and upgrade Zouma and AC. I do like Tomori, he has potential, but the other 2 please sell them and get 2 new cb. 

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Are you joking or for real?

I am for real his out of his depth. We will never win the league under him let alone the champions league. A block just came from the street Ana tactically outclassed him after 1 session 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's no surprise we have gone downhill since the drop in form of Jorginho. 

He was the one making us tick. Jorginho and Kova helped our team tremendously in the first few months. 

It's no surprise because the same thing happen with Sarri. Played awesome and then fell apart. 

Apart from Jorginho we have no one that can truly help us control mid and creativity. 

That is one major problem that i have been saying as to why a backup to Jorginho would be amazing as the guy cannot hold entire season......

And last defense is horrible. I'm not going to say much more then let's hope Lampard is smart and upgrade Zouma and AC. I do like Tomori, he has potential, but the other 2 please sell them and get 2 new cb. 

In case you haven't noticed, our good early season form - especially when under a new manager - has tended to tail off during the November-December period and this season is no different. I seriously don't think it's a case of just one player going off the boil etc. 

Can someone explain Lampard obsession with Mount? It seems for Lampard the team is Mount+10. I mean, when Kante became fit he benched Jorginho instead of Mount.

One thing particular I would like to say, Mount’s passing was beyond pathetic.

So because the captain has the armband it's OK to shove him out to LB and completely imbalance the the whole team....

Stop this fucking shit of putting square pegs in round holes....Drop Azpi, get Emerson back in, start Tomori, get Jorginho in for Mount and drop Kepa

Just now, Special Juan said:

So because the captain has the armband it's OK to shove him out to LB and completely imbalance the the whole team....

Stop this fucking shit of putting square pegs in round holes....Drop Azpi, get Emerson back in, start Tomori, get Jorginho in for Mount and drop Kepa

"Drop Kepa". 

No.