Super Frank Thread

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even then if we were better defensively than we were under the first 4 or 5 weeks or so that number would be even less.

Progress has been made all over but we cant stop and be ecstatic with where we are still, we need to keep plugging away and continuously improve.

Couple of top players in certain positions will give us a boost as well. Willian can be improved upon as can Giroud and Batshuayi, although everytime Batshuayi has come on for us he looked threatening compared to when he starts and also at CB. Realisiticlly I would say in the next 2 transfer windows the likes of Giroud, Alonso, Willian (50/50 as Lamps is very keen on him), Barkley and Pedro are all possibly at risk of being replaced/upgraded upon. Also a 2nd keeper will be a needs sooner rather than later as Caballero must be around 37 or 38 by now surely.

We have had Rudiger, Kante and RLC out for most or all the season so far and all three would almost certainly have been first choice if fit this season and immediately upgrade our team. You're talking £200m or more of talent right there.

I genuinely believe a couple of top signings a time over the next couple of summer windows will have us challenging for the title, providing the young players continue to kick on and from what I've seen so far with their desire, character and commitment I'd be surprised if most of them didn't.

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We have had Rudiger, Kante and RLC out for most or all the season so far and all three would almost certainly have been first choice if fit this season and immediately upgrade our team. You're talking £200m or more of talent right there.

I genuinely believe a couple of top signings a time over the next couple of summer windows will have us challenging for the title, providing the young players continue to kick on and from what I've seen so far with their desire, character and commitment I'd be surprised if most of them didn't.

Kante is a definitely an upgrade. Ruben is interesting, but pretty much it is ruben or Mount not ruben with mount. Rudiger I don't know because with Tomori starting, the other cb need to be monster physically otherwise we are just too weak. 

58 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm not really one for superstitions but it does always feel more hindrance than help winning these monthly awards.

Everyone says that but i can't really remember it negatively affecting us.

Conte won three in a row during our 13 game winning run and the one time i remember Jose parading that award we went on to win 4-0.

Just now, Tomo said:

Everyone says that but i can't really remember it negatively affecting us.

Conte won three in a row during our 13 game winning run and the one time i remember Jose parading that award we went on to win 4-0.

Yeah to be honest it's probably highlighted more when a manager from a Bournemouth or Wolves win it and then their form drops off as expected.

I'm a little worried talk of the title is starting, although i guess that's inevitable when you go above the Champions and more than matched the leaders despite losing. Realistically it's too soon, we're a squad with only 2 player's in their prime meaning a blip at some point is inevitable and i fear if we're being touted as a title dark horse people won't look at it objectively and just see a "title challenging side" winning 2 out of 7 or whatever the figure will be.

We will get there i have no doubt about that, but this year's too soon. We should try and make a B line for the CL, that one could possibly happen.

Just now, Tomo said:

I'm a little worried talk of the title is starting, although i guess that's inevitable when you go above the Champions and more than matched the leaders despite losing. Realistically it's too soon, we're a squad with only 2 player's in their prime meaning a blip at some point is inevitable and i fear if we're being touted as a title dark horse people won't look at it objectively and just see a "title challenging side" winning 2 out of 7 or whatever the figure will be.

We will get there i have no doubt about that, but this year's too soon. We should try and make a B line for the CL, that one could possibly happen.

So we gotta root for Liverpool to keep on winning then? :philjones

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

The lot over on Redcafe are fawning over Lampard. They even have a Lampard vs Solskjaer thread! 

😂

Solskjaer was the second coming of Fergie last season and with no disrespect to Frank at all, they are now doing a FL v OGS thread? Fuck me their fickle fans. OGS was always a bad move for United, his career speaks for itself as a player maybe but as a manager, which he has been since 2008, he managed United reserves, Molde, Cardiff and Molde again before going to United.... when does that ever happen? 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

😂

Solskjaer was the second coming of Fergie last season and with no disrespect to Frank at all, they are now doing a FL v OGS thread? Fuck me their fickle fans. OGS was always a bad move for United, his career speaks for itself as a player maybe but as a manager, which he has been since 2008, he managed United reserves, Molde, Cardiff and Molde again before going to United.... when does that ever happen? 

Here's the thread in all its glory - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-united-vs-frank-chelsea-who-will-have-the-better-season.450105/

Problem with Solskjaer is he doesn't seem to have a clue on what he wants. He's just making things up as it goes along and saying fancy words to fool people in pressers/interviews.