Super Frank Thread

According to Sky Sports News, Lampard has 187 goals? I seen it because they were showing stats and how many goals Drogba scored for us. So the penalty must have counted? Unless we have fucked up. Or incredibly, SSN fucked up!

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone deserves it, it's lamps, when he first arrived, everyone was saying £11m? Wat a waste of money, but now that seems like a bargain, I'm sure he will break bobbys record, for anyone it's a brilliant achievement, for a midfielder, it's excellent, for a midfielder in today's game it's outstanding! Maybe this will put to bed the "whos better? Gerard or lampard" debate!

If anyone deserves it, it's lamps, when he first arrived, everyone was saying £11m? Wat a waste of money, but now that seems like a bargain, I'm sure he will break bobbys record, for anyone it's a brilliant achievement, for a midfielder, it's excellent, for a midfielder in today's game it's outstanding! Maybe this will put to bed the "whos better? Gerard or lampard" debate!

Have to admit I was one of slighlty skeptical when we paid that much for him (wasn't it 12M though?), but eating humble pie in this situation is very tasty. By far the best midfielder England has seen for decades (yes even better than Gazza, Hiddle and Wilkins put together), but such a shame his international career was f##ked up by 'so-called' England fans and inapropriate managrial tactics.

BTW, no doubts lamps will reach 200.

i hope he surpasses Bobby Tambling and becomes Chelsea's top goalscorer.

as some of you said here, he will be playing much deeper but if he still takes the penalties and scores a few goals from open play aswell, i think in 1 and a half-2 years time he will be top of the list.

Well he still posted 16 goals from deep positions last season!

Not exactly. 12 of those came under AVB and back then, he was pretty much still playing in his usual midfield role. Scored only 4 under RDM - 3 from penalties & 1 from free kick.

17 goals is perfectly 'gettable'. I very much see Lampard now he plays a deeper role, playing for Chelsea for the next 3-4 seasons like Scholes and Giggs. Obviously season upon season his gametime will diminish, but he still probably has at least another 100 games in him for Chelsea.

I think every Chelsea fan is willing him on to break the record!