Super Frank Thread

Irrespective of the rest of the league, if anybody had said after losing 4-0 to United first game that going into the second international break after 8 games we'd be 5 points ahead of them with a better goal difference, and only 2 points behind City that everybody would have taken that.

I think quite a few people expected us to be somewhere around where United are currently with a squad struggling to find goals. The defence has to continue to be worked on (although I feel yesterday the problems were basic errors as opposed to tactical flaws, and the second half showed that we are continuing to improve with controlling games and seeing them out from winning positions), but the football is exciting, the young players have revitalised the club more than could have been imagined and it's all under one of the biggest legends in the club's history who (touch wood) despite his inexperience seems to be taking it in his stride, learning from mistakes and improving each passing game.

I'm not sure it was right from him to say that Willian was our best player in the last four, five games and Tomori is number one or two CB at the moment. I mean, I agree but he should not say it in public because of the other guys who also played very well. It's fine to praise individual performances but not in the way you put some over the others. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

liking these upcoming 14 fixtures

36 plus points are deffo there for the taking IMHO

8abb5752610786bb0e2b7dbd17ea4f4d.png

I do wonder how Frank will approach things if Liverpool drop a few points before we drop our next set.

Given the type of personality Lamps is and how hungry and confident the young players are I could see their eyes lighting up and sensing an opportunity. It will still more than likely be in vain but I can't imagine Lampard taking it lightly and saying "meh top four will do for now" if we can somehow claw a few points back of Liverpool and are only 6 points behind after a high number of games, he'd want to chase them down.

On 08/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, NikkiCFC said:

A couple details changed everything. We lost 2 points against Sheffield. Liverpool has been really lucky to win last three games including us. And that was a six pointer game. There you go, 4,5 details come differently and we would be in front of them. But that's football... 

Been lucky but annoying unbeaten in 17 league games. And like they say play crap and still get points.. Sign of champions blahhhh.

I don't think they'll drop many points. All we can do is win our games and take advantage of the fact other teams have been dropping points too. 

I know things can change quickly in football but right now Spurs and United look so unbelievably bad that our only threat to top 4 seems to be Leicester doing a poundland 2016 season and grabbing a top 4 place.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I know things can change quickly in football but right now Spurs and United look so unbelievably bad that our only threat to top 4 seems to be Leicester doing a poundland 2016 season and grabbing a top 4 place.

It would be crazy if they do it again. They're outperforming their xG at the moment, according to the stats pieces.

52 minutes ago, Mana said:

The only thing that bugs me about Lampard is his stubbornness on zonal marking. Luckily, I don't think we have given Newcastle any real chance from set pieces yesterday. 

:lol:

You can't play man to man when you have short player. 

Our set pieces defense has been quite decent recently since we have started to play only player who is good in the air in the middle (Alonso, Zouma, Tammy) and ask the rest of the team to block or man mark.