Super Frank Thread

I dont mind the result or all the weird decisions bringing on Gillmour and shit. But what really got my red alert going was when Lamps said we should have gone for the 3-0 to put the game to bed. That was just a bad reading of the game..this was not one of those days were everything works for you and just demolish the opposition.  No it was a nervy low quality which our in form striker should have won for us. But as said in the match thread our game management was piss poor. Mourinho would have brought on Mikel and game over. We need to be able to do this. To have the option of just seeing an mediocre game out. There is no reason to keep the game open after a 2-0 lead.we have witnessed almost all kinds of fucking games up in within almost 5 games in the season. Obviously experienced teams or managers should have the edge in tight situations but this is just poor. With our defence even a 3-0 does not put the game to bed. Still Lamps talks about attacking better. We should work out our Defence first. I begin to think he has no real concept of defending apart from pressing. We really should seek some help tactically here. Oppositions always target exploiting Azpi with one twos and shit and it always works. The midfield does not offer enough protection for Zouma bc we got 0 DMs rn. The team is young, promising fun to watch but there needs to be some kind of professionalism to see these kinds of games out and  neither the manager nor the more experienced players are providing it.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I dont mind the result or all the weird decisions bringing on Gillmour and shit. But what really got my red alert going was when Lamps said we should have gone for the 3-0 to put the game to bed. That was just a bad reading of the game..this was not one of those days were everything works for you and just demolish the opposition.  No it was a nervy low quality which our in form striker should have won for us. But as said in the match thread our game management was piss poor. Mourinho would have brought on Mikel and game over. We need to be able to do this. To have the option of just seeing an mediocre game out. There is no reason to keep the game open after a 2-0 lead.we have witnessed almost all kinds of fucking games up in within almost 5 games in the season. Obviously experienced teams or managers should have the edge in tight situations but this is just poor. With our defence even a 3-0 does not put the game to bed. Still Lamps talks about attacking better. We should work out our Defence first. I begin to think he has no real concept of defending apart from pressing. We really should seek some help tactically here. Oppositions always target exploiting Azpi with one twos and shit and it always works. The midfield does not offer enough protection for Zouma bc we got 0 DMs rn. The team is young, promising fun to watch but there needs to be some kind of professionalism to see these kinds of games out and  neither the manager nor the more experienced players are providing it.

Last week, Lampard brought on an additional defender in Alonso to help see out the game at Norwich but didn't do that with Christensen yesterday. It's kinda bizarre really. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Last week, Lampard brought on an additional defender in Alonso to help see out the game at Norwich but didn't do that with Christensen yesterday. It's kinda bizarre really. 

Exactly. A small tactical decision like that could have helped us clinch the win. But he's being too naive.

We have been dominated for a whole 45mins in the 2nd half in every match we've played this season except against Norwich. That is a big problem and Lamps has refused to make a tweak to address this. I don't want to believe he's too stubborn to notice this, but it's beginning to bug me.

Why must we have a second half collapse every single match? Are the players just getting tired by halftime or is the opposition manager figuring out our tactics by halftime every game?

13 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Exactly. A small tactical decision like that could have helped us clinch the win. But he's being too naive.

We have been dominated for a whole 45mins in the 2nd half in every match we've played this season except against Norwich. That is a big problem and Lamps has refused to make a tweak to address this. I don't want to believe he's too stubborn to notice this, but it's beginning to bug me.

Why must we have a second half collapse every single match? Are the players just getting tired by halftime or is the opposition manager figuring out our tactics by halftime every game?

This. Plus its not just this season. Last time as well. The best 2nd half was the Europa final! Most the time we'd look sharp and then chaos for 45 minutes 

12 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Our second half problem is like a disease. Has happened far too often since last season. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

James---Christensen---Rudiger----Emerson

Jorginho

Kante------RLC

Pedro-----------------------Mount

Tammy

i love your MF three.

Why is everyone so sure that when fit James will get the nod over Dave?

Not sure about the front three either.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

i love your MF three.

Why is everyone so sure that when fit James will get the nod over Dave?

Not sure about the front three either.

Probably because Dave was never a proper 'footballer'. Doesn't have the technical ability to work out of a press, and offers next to nothing in the final third. Only thing he had going for him was his defensive consistency. Now that's gone given his legs have now given out. He's making fundamental mistakes, and at 30 years of age, it's a cause for concern. 

James seems to be rated very highly, from both neutrals in the Championship as well as our own fans who are knowledgeable in our youth set up. Even by watching his videos you can see how much of an athlete and football he is. 

Probably our best front three on form, which isn't saying much. Mount showing early promise and energy, Tammy in full confidence, and Pedro with experience. Not to mention all suited for Lampard's football. 

The more I think about it, the more not playing CHO until he signs a new deal, makes sense. 

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:
14 hours ago, Mana said:
We are fecking playing Wolves away next. God help us.

Yet to win a league game, so something will give.

THat can only mean one thing......they will get their first win vs us of course, I mean of course they will, this is Chel afterall. THey will hassle and fight, the ref will be with them and we will somehow make a costly mistake. You just know it, but damn I hope we grab them 3pts.

THat can only mean one thing......they will get their first win vs us of course, I mean of course they will, this is Chel afterall. THey will hassle and fight, the ref will be with them and we will somehow make a costly mistake. You just know it, but damn I hope we grab them 3pts.
Their best CB being out is a slight plus.

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:
14 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Their best CB being out is a slight plus.

For sure

On 9/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, Laylabelle said:

Even if the results go south the board sacking him be so stupid. They knew his experience and that was limited and knew he can't make drastic changes that may want to. Learning process... Just learning the hard way. We knew be a long season though we really shouldn't be 2-0 up and throw it away like that... 

Like I said after Lamp appointment, the only reason for sacking lamp if we were close to relegation like what happened with Mou. 

Not sure if the board will give him the time was promised, but right now its safe to say that in his first games he looks the worst manager of Abramovich era by a (un) comfortably margin. Yeah, his ideas are great, and the team can produce a nice football for some part of the game...but the results just don't come. He reminds me of Andre Villas Boas but AVB at least made subs that made sense. To other side Lampards subs are completely crazy and just don't make any sense.

I don't see this team even finishing inside top 10.