Jas
Followers 9

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

Lamps needs to sort out our defence and our home form if he can't sorry I can't see us finishing in the top 4 this season 

image.jpg

49 minutes ago, the wes said:

Lamps needs to sort out our defence and our home form if he can't sorry I can't see us finishing in the top 4 this season 

Defence to me should always be the first priority if you are about to begin a new era or whatever. You just cannot build a power house of a team without it. A strong defence goes a long long way.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Defence to me should always be the first priority if you are about to begin a new era or whatever. You just cannot build a power house of a team without it. A strong defence goes a long long way.

Maybe back in time but the build from the back notion is outdated. In an era where high pressing and midfield domination is key, those are the areas you have to look at first.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Maybe back in time but the build from the back notion is outdated. In an era where high pressing and midfield domination is key, those are the areas you have to look at first.

Have to disagree with this.

A lot of people keep comparing what Franks building here to what Klopp started at Liverpool when he first came in but you look at Klopp's Liverpool team now and they only really became potential trophy winners when they strengthened at the back by signing Van Dijk and Alisson.

They had the high press, brilliant attack, reasonably solid midfield but lacked defensively and that limited their potential as a team. Joel Matip is a decent player but he is 10 times the player next to van Dijk and there is no comparison between Alisson and Karius. Take those 2 and even Fabinho out of their team and I doubt theyd of made back to back CL finals. 

Even Man City under Pep, the first year he had Kolorov, Zabaleta and Bravo as 3 of his 5 players in the defense. He signed Mendy, Walker and Ederson and they won the title the next season. They were better defenders, much better suited to playing defensively in a Pep Guardiola team in the way he likes his teams to defend high.

People dont look at their defences but if City had Zabaleta, Kolarov and Bravo playing every week still they wouldnt be winning trebles and if Liverpool didnt have Van Dijk and Alisson they probably wouldnt of won the CL. 

Good defence is still just as necessary in modern day football, regardless of if your an offensive minded team or a much more defensive minded team. Cant outscore teams every game if you cant keep goals out at the other end. Brendan Rodgers Liverpool back 5 or 6 years ago or so is proof of that.

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Have to disagree with this.

A lot of people keep comparing what Franks building here to what Klopp started at Liverpool when he first came in but you look at Klopp's Liverpool team now and they only really became potential trophy winners when they strengthened at the back by signing Van Dijk and Alisson.

They had the high press, brilliant attack, reasonably solid midfield but lacked defensively and that limited their potential as a team. Joel Matip is a decent player but he is 10 times the player next to van Dijk and there is no comparison between Alisson and Karius. Take those 2 and even Fabinho out of their team and I doubt theyd of made back to back CL finals. 

Even Man City under Pep, the first year he had Kolorov, Zabaleta and Bravo as 3 of his 5 players in the defense. He signed Mendy, Walker and Ederson and they won the title the next season. They were better defenders, much better suited to playing defensively in a Pep Guardiola team in the way he likes his teams to defend high.

People dont look at their defences but if City had Zabaleta, Kolarov and Bravo playing every week still they wouldnt be winning trebles and if Liverpool didnt have Van Dijk and Alisson they probably wouldnt of won the CL. 

Good defence is still just as necessary in modern day football, regardless of if your an offensive minded team or a much more defensive minded team. Cant outscore teams every game if you cant keep goals out at the other end. Brendan Rodgers Liverpool back 5 or 6 years ago or so is proof of that.

Yeah, they built their defensive blocks secondary after building their pressing, midfield structure and philosophy is what I meant, the party line is it should be done the other way round where I don't think that's true anymore.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah, they built their defensive blocks secondary after building their pressing, midfield structure and philosophy is what I meant, the party line is it should be done the other way round where I don't think that's true anymore.

Why do you make prioritizing from the back first sound like a very negative thing? :carlo: 

Regardless of the football style a team play, the defence is always key. You see it with City now. They play all this great football but can be found wanting defensively, especially right now with the injury problems. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Why do you make prioritizing from the back first sound like a very negative thing? :carlo: 

Regardless of the football style a team play, the defence is always key. You see it with City now. They play all this great football but can be found wanting defensively, especially right now with the injury problems. 

No what I mean Is times and demands have changed. For example Simeone's Atletico playing in the 90s would have probably swept up on La Liga's but in the modern day they've only won one. Teams press too well these days to neglect the attacking side of the game until you've mastered it defensively.

Who were the last champions that built their team from the back first and foremost? Even with Leicester it was all about Kante, Mahrez and Vardy.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tomo said:

No what I mean Is times and demands have changed. For example Simeone's Atletico playing in the 90s would have probably swept up on La Liga's but in the modern day they've only won one. Teams press to well these days to neglect the attacking side of the game until you've mastered it defensively.

Who were the last champions that built their team from the back first and foremost? Even with Leicester it was all about Kante, Mahrez and Vardy.

I will wait till the end of Messi era to judge atletico in the league. Right now it is a bit unfair to everyone. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

For me it doesn't matter how you build your team. It is all about to achieve balance someway. In our case, we are one very good dm from being competitive + a very good lb from being very2 good. 

But to get from very2 good to title winner, we need our young guns to take the next level. We can only just wait and see. 

• Like 2

Chelsea must mind the gap between midfielders and defense on transition

https://theprideoflondon.com/2019/12/03/chelsea-midfielders-defense-transition-gap/

Chelsea have shed their reputation as a defense-first team, but that is not exactly a good thing when they are losing to West Ham. Reclusive Pride of London contributor Siddarth V identifies the areas where Chelsea need to patch up their form.

Chelsea escaped defeat against Valencia, but the fans did not have much time to recover and enjoy the narrow fortune. With the fixtures coming thick and fast, the relief quickly gave way to the suffering of a 0-1 loss to West Ham at home on Saturday.

Chelsea have problems to sort out on both the ends of the pitch: from being clinical in front of the goal to being quick and compact in defensive transitions.

This season in the Premier League, Chelsea’s goals per match has increased from 1.66 last season to 2.15 under Frank Lampard. They are just four behind the league leaders Liverpool for goals scored (although they are fourth in goals score overall, 11 goals short of Manchester City).

However, at the other end of the pitch, Chelsea have the second worst goals against of the top six teams – the actual top six, not the “traditional top six” – with 20 conceded. This is eight higher than last season at the same stage. Lampard cannot continue with a gung-ho philosophy of “we will score more goals than the opponents” in every match, simply because sometimes they cannot score any at all.

A few weeks back, when Jose Mourinho wasn’t the Tottenham manager but was a TV pundit (has ever there been a more insightful one?), he explicitly stated his concerns about Chelsea and their performance against the bigger teams. The results against Manchester City and Valencia validate Mourinho. Chelsea’s record against the top sides (including in the Champions League) this season have been 1W-5L-3D.

Hate Jose Mourinho all you want, but he might have a point here. And what is more concerning is that he now is manager of one of Chelsea’s rivals and can exploit these very weaknesses when Chelsea clash with Tottenham in under three weeks.

snip

more at the link

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Cant agree with that my man, defence will be crucial at any era, no matter the style.....to me anyway. Posters have already come up with reasons why that is so. A strong defence will get you far and if on top you have a good midfield and attack then you have what we had in our hayday.

Yet another match that is on him. Some baffling decisions, and an awful game management. I expect much more from someone so intelligent like him. Yes, he is a novice, but come on, he cannot be serious after today. Something needs to change drastically. He is not helping yourself. AT ALL.

• Like 1

Hilarious and embarrassing management from him. Jorginho, Tomori and Emerson should've all started today without a doubt. Fuck his nephews Mount and Zouma obsessed with playing those 2 average players each single match, fucking sick of them especially the later.

• Like 3

After today.

3 defeats in 4. We have a huge gap between Spuds, United and Arsenal. We can now buy players in January.

I'll remember today. If we at the end of the season fail to reach top 4, I'm #LampardOut.

The West Ham and Everton showed he is out of his depth. I don't give two fecks if he is a club legend as a player, he's not a club legend as a coach.

We are laughing at Ljungberg and Ole, but guess what? If we compare all their CVs to Lampard, they all are exactly the same. ZERO major achievements.

What I said before at the beginning of the season, is slowly becoming true, it just took longer than I expected.

Lampard did well, but if we need to take it to the next level, we need to bring a better coach.

Yet another match that is on him. Some baffling decisions, and an awful game management. I expect much more from someone so intelligent like him. Yes, he is a novice, but come on, he cannot be serious after today. Something needs to change drastically. He is not helping yourself. AT ALL.
Playing Azpi, Christensen, Mount und Zouma is just stupid.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I would cut him loose now before to much damage is done. We have an Ole on our hands. Ruthless Roman is needed in this instance. Di Matteo was fired for less than this and he won us the champions league

Hilarious and embarrassing management from him. Jorginho, Tomori and Emerson should've all started today without a doubt. Fuck his nephews Mount and Zouma obsessed with playing those 2 average players each single match, fucking sick of them especially the later.

I agree. With Emerson, Tomori and Jorgi we would have been way better

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would cut him loose now before to much damage is done. We have an Ole on our hands. Ruthless Roman is needed in this instance. Di Matteo was fired for less than this and he won us the champions league

Are you joking or for real?

• Like 2