Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread

Followers 9

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

How he sets up the midfield will make or break our season. Don't think he'll have Kante in that more advanced position Sarri had him in. Which means Jorginho's place is up in the air. 

They can play together just fine, I think a Jorginho Kante pairing would do well with Kovacic backing them up.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

I m just buoyant with Frank coming in as a manager. Was anxious all this while, checking news site every hour for the news until it happened. I dont remember when was the last time I was so excited for a new manager. 

Before anyone judge me: I still maintain that Lampard is an inexperience manager who has been given a huge responsibility, he is a huge risk, he might not last a season or not and might be worst criticized manager we have in the Roman era. 

But all this aside, being a fan of Chelsea & club football since 2001-02 specially from the time Roman took over ... I feel Lampard is one of our own. Someone whom we admired & loved all these years, cursed/critized when the going was bad, lived the good and the bad moments on the field. And now that he is back in the capacity of a manager (or the modern day term of Head coach) which by the way lot of us thought he or Terry would ... it just putting a spring under our feet despite knowing that there is maybe a 5% chance of him being successful. I havent followed his gameplan much to form an opinion but I'm looking forward to whatever he is getting in. It would be personal for him too because he is coming back to club which has made him what he is, this is his second innings here. I'm sure he has more in stakes compared to anyone else. Yes he mite be the best option in the current scenario (with transfer ban and no top manager willing to come over) but I also like the way the board is taking a chance by getting ex-players back into management (on field & off field). Risks all around. 

Strategy wise the only positive about Lampard would be that he would have a direct line to Roman which his predecessors didnt, otherwise it is an emotional decision ....  but hey!!!  lets give emotions a chance!!! 

Its gonna be one hell of a season!!! 

• Like 2

He should stick with the 433 but have have the LCM as the most attacking with Kante a little more reserved. He wasn't that bad, people were more concerned with Jorginhos weaknesses 

Sentimentality aside, it's fantastic to have 3 former Chelsea players (Newton is meant to be re-joining the first team staff), plus Joe Edwards who was in our youth team running things.

Edwards in particular is one to watch-out for, this is quite interesting (from a few years ago). Look at the players he's known and worked with since they were 7/8...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-joe-edwards-29-year-old-mastermind-behind-chelseas-youth-team-success

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Pizy said:

How he sets up the midfield will make or break our season. Don't think he'll have Kante in that more advanced position Sarri had him in. Which means Jorginho's place is up in the air. 

4231 bakayoko (jorginho) kante        willian (CHO) barkley (RLC) pulisic  giroud (bats) 

Lovely bookies already have odds on him being sacked... 

Ready for this season now. Don't expect miracles but considering we finished 9th with a experienced manager.. Who knows what happen. Hopefully all good. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That's crazy to think about. 

Not really mate when you think about it.

When has there been a decent English manager since Brian Clough, and how long ago was that.

I mean general and I don't know why but English managers are crap.......apart from Lamps of course:wub:

I have a good feeling about Lamps. I know I'm biased as I have a man crush on him since 2005 :wub: But even if he wasn't our deity, I'd still feel he is intelligent enough to do well at anything he chooses to. Can't wait for the first games, don't think I've ever been more excited of a season's start... ever, despite all the doom surrounding the club.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think it bodes well - (though I remember being excited when David Webb was made manager) :ph34r:

I remember reading years ago that David Webb use to make the players tackle cones that's according to Craig Burley 😂😂

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, the wes said:

I remember reading years that David Webb use to make the players tackle cones that's according to Craig Burley 😂😂

Can believe that ! Though to give him credit we did beat the Gooners :)

• Like 1

Welcome home Frank........finally your back, may you become for us what Fergie was for utd. Lamps will demand maximum effort from everyone, as he always gave his maximum in games and training. He is also a good motivator I think. I for one very excited he is our manager. Good luck to all of us and keep that flag flying high.

• Like 1