Super Frank Thread

Just on another note, I can't believe I heard some boos at the end of the match. That really shocked me. What the fuck was that about? That was absolutely absurd . I just hope it was the Leicester fans booing or it was something that wasn't related to the game like the officials or something. Lampard certainly didn't deserve to hear that on his 1st game at The Bridge no matter the result.

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Just on another note, I can't believe I heard some boos at the end of the match. That really shocked me. What the fuck was that about? That was absolutely absurd . I just hope it was the Leicester fans booing or it was something that wasn't related to the game.

That's it. No one can expect a amazing season this year. Its shit circumstances and gotta make do with what we can do. Plus Lampard hasn't got that much experience so will be rocky. Stupid to boo now! Stupid to boo at all tbh. 

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Just to put into context we played 120 mins in sweltering heat on Wednesday. We gave everything physically and mentally in that game. Liverpool were also pretty poor against Southampton.

Exactly, and Lampard chose ten of the eleven that started on Wednesday... just plain silly in my humble opinion. 

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Just on another note, I can't believe I heard some boos at the end of the match. That really shocked me. What the fuck was that about? That was absolutely absurd . I just hope it was the Leicester fans booing or it was something that wasn't related to the game.

Yeah, I was extremely disappointed by how poor our second half was, but booing was extreme. We have some extremely shit fans, although regular match-goers like to jump on their high horse and defend their right to "express themselves"... but that's a debate for a different day. I'd like to think those booers were tourists wondering why Hazard and Luiz weren't playing. 

5 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I really, really have to question his line-up today. The players looked dead on their feet from the half-hour onwards. 

I get the feeling he will be like Sarri and Conte with his system too. Like for like swaps. Rigid with his system.

To be fair we started very well. Took the initiative, hassled them high up, had some bright moments, good tempo. Personally I think the 120 minutes during the week hasn't helped but Frank would of been aware not everyone was as fresh as they could of been but still he has got options. Willian if hes fit enough to come on when he did surely was fit enough to start. Tammy or Michy could have started although Giroud did alright first half. Tomori could have played. Alonso could have played. He didn't have to go mental and make 10 changes but he has enough in some areas to make 2 or 3. I felt that Mount should of been subbed out for Ross in the 2nd half, he faded out of the game a bit and looked very tired. 

When you're in a transition of sorts you have to look at the bright sparks and the first half hour was incredible, totally battered Leicester and should have been 3/4 up, very worrying what happened afterwards however some of you's complaints about Sarri was there was no "signs" of good stuff to come, well you certainly saw "signs" in the opening.

The reality is we are an inconsistent side right now. Sometimes we will match some of the worlds best sides (vs Liverpool) and other times we will look poo against sides like Leicester, today we were brilliant, average and rubbish all at varying stages which is about aplicable for where we are right now. Sometimes Pulisic will look like he can replace Hazard, other times he will look shit, he's 20.

We could have gone through this transition in 2012/13 but decided to go for a quick title, we have to go through this process now if we want to compete long term because with Pep and his 100 point seasons about going for the quick fix just won't work anymore.

Well the sad thing is we can't really assume our board will even recruit effectively next summer. We could spend well over the odds on squad fillers again vs genuine improvement. I can't even safely trust them they will even recruit a proper striker. 

Just need to hope that Cech will make a difference. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Well the sad thing is we can't really assume our board will even recruit effectively next summer. We could spend well over the odds on squad fillers again vs genuine improvement. I can't even safely trust them they will even recruit a proper striker. 

Just need to hope that Cech will make a difference. 

Apart from 2017 our recruitment has been pretty good for a while . Where we fall down is getting shot of players. The old guard early this decade, Ivanovic, Matic and now Azpi/Willian all stayed as important players for far too long after big declines whereas City dump players the second they become a hindrance more than help.

I don't usually call for youth on a whim but when RJ is fit he has to play.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apart from 2017 our recruitment has been pretty good for a while . Where we fall down is getting shot of players. The old guard early this decade, Ivanovic, Matic and now Azpi/Willian all stayed as important players for far too long after big declines whereas City dump players the second they become a hindrance more than help.

I don't usually call for youth on a whim but when RJ is fit he has to play.

City have a vision. What we are seeing isn't something that happened over night. 

They spend a shit ton, but there is a lot going right upstairs. That's the difference between us. They had a vision of what they wanted since 2012, and they've been building on that. Appointing Guardiola was the final piece of the puzzle. 

We still can't decided if we want progressive football or conservative football. Now all of a sudden we want youth integration. It genuinely begs the question of what actually goes on in our board room. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

City have a vision. What we are seeing isn't something that happened over night. 

They spend a shit ton, but there is a lot going right upstairs. That's the difference between us. They had a vision of what they wanted since 2012, and they've been building on that. Appointing Guardiola was the final piece of the puzzle. 

We still can't decided if we want progressive football or conservative football. Now all of a sudden we want youth integration. It genuinely begs the question of what actually goes on in our board room. 

I think we decided on a long term youth project around 2012 but then bottled it to let Jose create a quick fix then Conte create another after Jose's spell got messy ( i know we got 2 titles out of it but we did a deal with the devil both times). In hindsight as exicting as it was from a fans perspective we should have resisted the temptation to bring Mou back and appointed a manager who would have nurtured the young guys.

It does appear we are learning from that mistake but now we have to take the punches just like City and Liverpool did and resist reverting to type. 

I was in the MHU today first 20 minutes superb football next seventy really worrying and here's the one major problem we have. Lamps should have picked an experienced number two Jody Morris is fine coaching the best kids at that level but you play that open against any of the top five and any decent European team then we are utterly fucked.

Be prepared for some bad results this season and yes I'm perfectly aware the season has just started but man alive that second half especially hit home what a difficult job Lamps has.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I was in the MHU today first 20 minutes superb football next seventy really worrying and here's the one major problem we have. Lamps should have picked an experienced number two Jody Morris is fine coaching the best kids at that level but you play that open against any of the top five and any decent European team then we are utterly fucked.

Be prepared for some bad results this season and yes I'm perfectly aware the season has just started but man alive that second half especially hit home what a difficult job Lamps has.

Agree, Lamps could use an old head 2nd assistant

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Agree, Lamps could use an old head 2nd assistant

Morris coaching the cream of not just English but European footballers so superior to the opposition almost every game. This is not just a step up it's a chasm. Mind you Jody Morris is the last person you could imagine coaching anyone the amount of shit he got up to in his career although paradoxically he might be just the right person to tell young kids to not make the same mistakes he did.

If you asked Jody Morris how do you know out of a group of young kids who'll have a successful career does he say I just separate the wheat from the chav :D

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Morris coaching the cream of not just English but European footballers so superior to the opposition almost every game. This is not just a step up it's a chasm. Mind you Jody Morris is the last person you could imagine coaching anyone the amount of shit he got up to in his career although paradoxically he might be just the right person to tell young kids to not make the same mistakes he did.

If you asked Jody Morris how do you know out of a group of young kids who'll have a successful career does he say I just separate the wheat from the chav :D

lol @ wheat from the chav

:D

Lampard has a lot of potential and this team has a lot of potential. But Lamps messed up with the starting line up. I think that Barkley should have started with Mount, so Jorginho could have gotten some rest. Jorginho was one of our best players against Pool and he run his ass off that day. A fresh Barkley with Mount, who did not play that much against Pool, would have given us more stability and especially a better pressure off the ball. I also wanted to start Willian, but I don´t think that would have done anything good today.

I think that Lamps should give Batsman a chance next week, even though I don´t think that he is suited for Lamps system. But Batsman can score goals. He may not be involved in much else, but he can score goals at least sometimes and we currently need a goalscorer. Giroud is not a goalscorer and Tammy is very good for the last 20 minutes.

Also guys, don´t forget that RLC is injured and he was one of our best players last season. His physicality combined with his technique is something that Chelsea really need in midfield. CHO is also injured and he is way better than Willian. Also, CHO can cross the ball and with Giroud and Tammy, we have great headers. It is pretty sad that we currently have no good crossers at all. James is also injured and Azpi is getting worse every season and this is probably his last season as a starter for this club. James is a beast and he can cross too.

We had three tough matches a  the beginning of the season and we have phases in the game where we look very good, Last season under Sarri, I remember that we had matches, especially against the big teams, where we looked awful 90 minutes straight. Lamps improved our fluidity in our offensiv phase. Our weakness is probably that we don´t have the enough concentration in our midfield and we lack in goalscorers.