Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

In all honesty, what are we waiting for. It is clear Lamps is out of his depth and the more we stick with him, the less chance of making top 4.

Either he’s out of his depth or the players no longer believe in the coach.

We may win today, but another defeat will be shortly coming.

The next game after is city and we will almost certainly be heavily defeated 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
What obvious writing.
Naturally if we were to lose our next 2 games, one assumes Lampard's neck would really be on the chopping block then but I would rather believe an English source rather than a German source when it comes to that.
People have been widely talking about potential replacements but the funny thing is we haven't heard a single thing about Lampard getting the sack (yet), certainly not from the English media. If we go back to winning ways today and beat City for example, then Lampard will definitely be nowhere near getting the sack and all the talk will be moot. 
I just made a quick research. Apparently, Tuchel and Leonardo didn't like each other because Tuchel said in interviews that he needs more transfers and Leonardo did not like that.
Based on their current injuries, they might have needed a new left back. But their midfield and offense is still crazy.
We have a far worse midfield and offense than PSG on paper. He will probably ask for better players here too.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSG lost against Monaco, Lyon, Lens and Marseille this season. 4 losses and 2 draws in 17 games in Ligue 1.

I watched most of their games and they are so boring like sarriball.  Center back gives the ball to left back, left back gives the ball back to the same center back, the center back gives the ball to left back, then they repeat this betwen center backs or with right back. Tuchel is one of the most overrated managers.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

PSG lost against Monaco, Lyon, Lens and Marseille this season. 4 losses and 2 draws in 17 games in Ligue 1.

I watched most of their games and they are so boring like sarriball.  Center back gives the ball to left back, left back gives the ball back to the same center back, the center back gives the ball to left back, then they repeat this betwen center backs or with right back. Tuchel is one of the most overrated managers.

 

I agree. He is very overrated. His team has so many great offensive players and guys like verratti and Herrera are much better than Mount/Kova/Kante from an offensive point of view and they still play like shit. Without Mbappe, Di Maria and Neymar, they are nothing.

 

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

if we are talking about getting the maximum from players and would a new coach help then I say the answer is yes. Currently we have FL playing Timo Werner out wide, that in itself is a total fuck up for a start. What comes with that is having chase back and do more fucking donkey work, no wonder he look dead on his feet. That's another point, he's not rested Werner and game managed him, take for example Salah, Klopp did this with him v Palace, benched him and fetched him on to score.

Frank also played Reece James and Chilwell injured against Arsenal, that is another huge fuck up and adds to the list of questions that need to be asked...what the fuck is FL doing and why is he pushing players into the ground.

And maybe if a new coach arrives he would give instructions from the sidelines rather than stand motionless and idealess like a complete waste of space.

He's been out of the side and no one is talking about him but the Havertz situation also needs to be addressed. Just like Werner, I don't think Lampard knows how to use Havertz either. Granted, Havertz got COVID-19 but that aside, he has been used in so many different positions and despite his potential, we have yet to really see a game where he has shown what he can do or maybe even offer glimpses of it. It's almost as if Lampard bought them to just abuse their versatility without any actual idea how to get the best out of them. I seriously want to know what Lampard told those two when trying to persuade them to join us.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

But if our next coach plays Kovacic, Mount and Kante, I don't think the next coach can turn any of them into Xavi or Iniesta type of players.

Maybe not but do you think we can at least play better football than what we're seeing now? Ever since the turn of the year, a lot of our attacking play has boiled down to sending balls out wide for players to just dump crosses onto the head of Abraham or Giroud. There's very little variation, creativity and ingenuity in our style. And not to mention, we had to heavily rely on a 21-year-old last season to carry us into the Top 4. Given Lampard has been able to spend way more than any Chelsea manager could - since Mourinho 1.0 IIRC - and that we are 18 months into his regime, I don't think it's wrong to expect more than what we're seeing. There were reports earlier this year saying that this is a 3-year project to get us back to challenging for the league title and Champions League and assuming if true, do we even close to getting to that stage halfway through the 3 years? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

He's been out of the side and no one is talking about him but the Havertz situation also needs to be addressed. Just like Werner, I don't think Lampard knows how to use Havertz either. Granted, Havertz got COVID-19 but that aside, he has been used in so many different positions and despite his potential, we have yet to really see a game where he has shown what he can do or maybe even offer glimpses of it. It's almost as if Lampard bought them to just abuse their versatility without any actual idea how to get the best out of them. I seriously want to know what Lampard told those two when trying to persuade them to join us.

If you'd of seen my posts you will see I have mentioned a lot regarding Havertz.

I actually don't think it's just Havertz all this, and granted he's been pretty average at best since he signed. Like you mentioned it's as if FL is abusing their so called versatility, yet for me both need to be in their relevant positions and that is not wide like he has both him and Werner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DDA said:

And contrary to most on here who reject the idea of Simione, I think he would be great to have here. His passion and drive would ensure we never see performances like the one we had to endure the other day.

And accompanied with those performances were unforgivable shitehouse tactics against Juventus in 2018 and getting knocked out and completely outplayed by Leipzig last season. We were out with pitchforks when Conte did the same against City and when we got outplayed Roma. 

We need to continue the work we put in making this club sustainable. One of the German blokes in Nagelsmann or Tuchel for me. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the club were to move on from Lampard, then I don't think Tuchel would be the right appointment. Winning trophies with PSG doesn't really mean much with the talent in their squad compared to everyone else in France and when I've watched them they rely far too much on individual quality to win games. It should also be noted that reports are he fell out with Leonardo, and also left Mainz and Dortmund after falling out with the board. I don't think the club would tolerate that type of personality at the club.

Would the club revert back to type and go for a bigger name manager, or would they look at something a little out the box like they did with Lampard? Someone who I really like is Hassenhuttl. He helped the initial build of Leipzig before Nagelsman arrived, and I enjoy the football Southampton try to play under him despite a distinctly average squad at his disposal. I think with a better crop of players he could actually do some really great work.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If the club were to move on from Lampard, then I don't think Tuchel would be the right appointment. Winning trophies with PSG doesn't really mean much with the talent in their squad compared to everyone else in France and when I've watched them they rely far too much on individual quality to win games. It should also be noted that reports are he fell out with Leonardo, and also left Mainz and Dortmund after falling out with the board. I don't think the club would tolerate that type of personality at the club.

Would the club revert back to type and go for a bigger name manager, or would they look at something a little out the box like they did with Lampard? Someone who I really like is Hassenhuttl. He helped the initial build of Leipzig before Nagelsman arrived, and I enjoy the football Southampton try to play under him despite a distinctly average squad at his disposal. I think with a better crop of players he could actually do some really great work.

 

This argument wouldn't of collapsed in the manner it did if you didn't criticise Tuchel for not winning anything then avertedly wanting a manager who also won nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

This argument wouldn't of collapsed in the manner it did if you didn't criticise Tuchel for not winning anything then avertedly wanting a manager who also won nothing. 

I didn't criticise Tuchel for not winning anything, I simply mentioned that I wouldn't place winning trophies in France as a "big deal". I'm pretty sure he won the cup too with Dortmund in his time there. 

My arguments against him are more to do that I'm rarely impressed watching PSG play and his last 3 appointments have ended with him leaving under a cloud after disagreements with the board.

With the squad we currently have, I'm not sure whether the experience of winning trophies is as big a need as it was 10 years ago. Someone capable of continuing the development of the young talent we have at the club I think is far more important over the next couple of years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Someone capable of continuing the development of the young talent we have at the club I think is far more important over the next couple of years. 

That is exactly what Tuchel is capable of. 

I can say with utmost confidence that if Poch didn't see eye to eye with Levy, he will go to war with Leonardo at PSG. He will virtually have no say in any transfers and is expected to be a Yes man simply put. It's amazing how this is seen as a negative on Tuchel when virtually any manager will experience the same thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DDA said:

Nagelsmann

Hasenhuttl

Bielsa 

And contrary to most on here who reject the idea of Simione, I think he would be great to have here. His passion and drive would ensure we never see performances like the one we had to endure the other day.

 

Don't want Bielsa any more.

i advocate for him years ago before many here knew him but that was a different time because of the way the club was being handled. 

Right now I like the direction that we are going as a club. We are doing the right buys and now need a top coach. It kinds of feels like Raniere before Mourinho came in. 

Lampard is setting the foundations and after him should be the one that takes us to the next level. That has to be only Nagelsmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

That is exactly what Tuchel is capable of. 

I haven't said that he's not. However I'm far more impressed with the standard of football Southampton play under Hassenhuttl given the lack of quality in their squad, compared to the standard of football I've seen PSG play in the last season or two, where I feel they get by more often than not on the ridiculous quality of their forward line. Some of this might be to do with the ego and influence those players have over the team, Neymar in particular.

Perhaps PSG was just the wrong club for Tuchel, and the set-up that we have now at the club would be more suited to his strengths.

I think over the past few seasons the vast majority of big names and ego's in our club have been moved on and replaced by a core group of younger players with a lot of talent that needs some time and patience developing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mana said:

In all honesty, what are we waiting for. It is clear Lamps is out of his depth and the more we stick with him, the less chance of making top 4.

Either he’s out of his depth or the players no longer believe in the coach.

We may win today, but another defeat will be shortly coming.

If making top 4 is all you worried, then no need to sack Lampard. We will make top 4 again. I have no doubt about that. 

But in the summer we should go for a better manager. Lampard done great with setting up a foundation that the next manager will exploit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I haven't said that he's not. However I'm far more impressed with the standard of football Southampton play under Hassenhuttl given the lack of quality in their squad, compared to the standard of football I've seen PSG play in the last season or two, where I feel they get by more often than not on the ridiculous quality of their forward line. Some of this might be to do with the ego and influence those players have over the team, Neymar in particular.

Perhaps PSG was just the wrong club for Tuchel, and the set-up that we have now at the club would be more suited to his strengths.

I think over the past few seasons the vast majority of big names and ego's in our club have been moved on and replaced by a core group of younger players with a lot of talent that needs some time and patience developing.

PSG was always the wrong club for Tuchel. He needs a club with young players where he can implement his ideas and grow them. Not a bunch of primma donnas with massive egos and where the vast majority of control lies with an infamous technical director. Nagelsmann I rate.  I also rate Hassenhuttl. I think the technical ability he's instilled into his team, along with their positional sense (there is always a player open in space) is quality. 

They would have to be my preferred 3. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Right now I like the direction that we are going as a club. We are doing the right buys and now need a top coach. It kinds of feels like Raniere before Mourinho came in. 

Lampard is setting the foundations and after him should be the one that takes us to the next level. That has to be only Nagelsmann

This is exactly what I've been saying (probably not here but elsewhere) since Lampard got appointed. I even used the same comparison to Ranieri.

For all his flaws in game management Lampard has been doing some really valuable work in improving the squad with good signings and having integrated some highly rated academy products into the team but all along I've had doubts over whether he's the right man to bring actual success as far as titles are concerned. Right now it's looking likely that he's not that guy but with the work Lampard has done he has at the very least set up the next manager to have a much easier ride. But if Frank goes, the next appointment must be made with taking the current squad into consideration and bring in someone who can make the most of the team without having to do a complete overhaul once again to suit the playing style of the manager.

Unlike most here seem to, I still haven't quite given up on Lampard because up until a few weeks ago I thought the season was going quite well and I was seeing clear progress from last season (especially defending and set plays) but the last 4-5 games have been horrible and something must change fast, starting from today. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Lampard as manager here is difficult to analyse. There's no doubt that he is still raw as a manager and at present we are suffering from a lack of experience on his behalf, like we did at times last season.

I do think there are some serious mitigating factors when you consider his time here started with taking on a job where we couldn't buy anybody, yet was losing our best player (and arguably the best player in the league during his tenure here) who had carried a pretty average looking side the year prior. It then led to a pandemic mid-season (and arguably just at a time when we were starting to hit a purple patch of form) which shut football down for months, to then have to contend with a restart with no fans and a number of Covid related considerations to training, preparation, etc. Despite spending some big money this summer, we've also had to try and bed in a number of new players with no pre season and hardly any time to work on that training aspect as we've been playing 3 times a week for most of the season.

I think all of the above is a lot for an experienced manager to handle, let alone one with a couple of years.

The biggest saving grace for Lampard at present is that no club has really grabbed the opportunity this season to pull away, and we're still very much in the hunt despite a poor run of form. If we'd beaten Arsenal we would be sitting third right now, instead of 8th. The league is still so tight. Spurs are on a worse run than us since we played them, Liverpool in recent weeks have drawn with Fulham, Brighton and West Brom, City struggled early on, United have been extremely fortunate with getting results which their standard of football hasn't deserved. 

Ultimately I think the jury is out on Lampard. I think it is easy to forget the positives of his time here so far when we've had a really poor run of form. However, such a run (similar to patches last season) has to question his tactics and ability to get the best out of the players at his disposal. I think Werner and Havertz were brought originally with a different idea in mind for Lampard, but he's found a better overall balance with the 4-3-3 during the season which has come at the expense of Werner and Havertz in particular not being utilised in what would probably be their strongest positions.

I have no question whatsoever however that Lampard was the right appointment at the time for us. He helped the club reach top 4 last season which I think many didn't expect, whilst also finally bringing through some academy players into the first team and seemingly breaking that ceiling that was once there for academy players to make it here. And from what has been said, he seems to have been a huge draw in convincing the players we signed this summer to join the club when we may not have been as an attractive option previously. I think a base has been created in the last 18 months that he deserves a lot of credit for, moving on from not just Hazard but big dressing room influences which were on the decline like David Luiz, Willian, Pedro, etc and bringing in a much younger, exciting group of players which can hopefully develop into something special. Whether he's the right man to take that group to the next level though at the moment is unfortunately questionable.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...