Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

It is all up to Lampard.

We have purchased some of the best players in the world for him.

Great managers usually find a way to make players better. Look at Klopp.

He is now, for instance, slowly moving Minamino into the CMF role (althouhg Jota's injury has postponed that a bit), and he is already looking far better. And that is but a very tiny example of his improving players.

Quote

 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1373485/Liverpool-news-Jurgen-Klopp-Takumi-Minamino-snub-explanation

Klopp wrote: "I'm not usually a fan of singling people out but I think Taki Minamino is someone I want to highlight.

"Taki has been sensational for us since he came. His attitude is of the highest level always. Commitment to improving is total.

"He has had to be patient and at times I can imagine that's been quite difficult.

"His lack of starting opportunities until now is not because of anything he is not doing well, it's because the players in his position have been so consistent in their delivery for our club.

 

All that said, we are still a few players short of being title contenders

like I said in another thread these need to be EPL proven, hard-nosed types

we need harder players and EPL proven ones

the 3 or 4 I would love to see (and some will no doubt make some snap in rage)

all are ferocious competitors

Rice

Grealish (would take him all day over Sancho atm, even though he is 4 and half years older)

Caglar Söyüncü or a step down, Jan Bednarek or even buy both (dump Rudiger and AC)

 

I removed Zaha as this coming summer is it for him, as he is approaching too old to drop a shedload of cash on, and TBH, maybe is already there, and Palace will never sell him now, in January, as they are trying to sneak into the top half of the table

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Posted Images

Since Kai's arrival he should have been working on building the team around Kai to get the best out of him. Instead he has been using Kai in different positions. Of course it will take longer time for Havertz to adapt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Since Kai's arrival he should have been working on building the team around Kai to get the best out of him. Instead he has been using Kai in different positions. Of course it will take longer time for Havertz to adapt. 

The problem is that Lamps doesn´t really has a preferred system or a philosophy himself. In addition to that our wingers are constantly injured, so he has to change the formation all the time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Beigl said:

The problem is that Lamps doesn´t really has a preferred system or a philosophy himself. In addition to that our wingers are constantly injured, so he has to change the formation all the time.

At times, it feels like Lampard doesn't know how best to fit all the players together into a cohesive system and he's just abusing the players' versatility to throw them into a random system. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

It's quite annoying that we were looking up just few weeks ago and suddenly we're just 2 points above David Moyes Westham after 13 matches which is a significant 1/3 of the season..... Aaaaargh :rant:

Aye and from two identical performances you'd think both Lampard and the squad would've learned from last season. 

Frustrating indeed. The very reason why we finished 30 points off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

It's quite annoying that we were looking up just few weeks ago and suddenly we're just 2 points above David Moyes Westham after 13 matches which is a significant 1/3 of the season..... Aaaaargh :rant:

It's just a sign of how crazy this season has been. Last season, we lost back-to-back games twice and still stayed in 4th while now, we lose back-to-back games and we're suddenly close to being mid-table. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Aye and from two identical performances you'd think both Lampard and the squad would've learned from last season. 

Frustrating indeed. The very reason why we finished 30 points off. 

He hasn't learned honestly. We just have a better goalkeeper and a more creative player than willian in Ziyech.

The moment Ziyech goes, we can't create chances or score to save our lives 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

He hasn't learned honestly. We just have a better goalkeeper and a more creative player than willian in Ziyech.

The moment Ziyech goes, we can't create chances or score to save our lives 

I think we need to wait and see Monday. 

Lots of talk from both the players and Lampard, let's see if they actually bite or if they are all bark much  like the Wolves performance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's just a sign of how crazy this season has been. Last season, we lost back-to-back games twice and still stayed in 4th while now, we lose back-to-back games and we're suddenly close to being mid-table. 

Last season Tottenham underperformed, Leicester fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and there was no Everton sniffing around. This season could end badly if Lamps doesn't find a tactic that works without our only creative player in Ziyech and a half fit Pulisic 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Last season Tottenham underperformed, Leicester fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and there was no Everton sniffing around. This season could end badly if Lamps doesn't find a tactic that works without our only creative player in Ziyech and a half fit Pulisic 

We have a player in Havertz that produced Messi like numbers last season. 

We have so much more up front that Lampard needs to sort out........now. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We have a player in Havertz that produced Messi like numbers last season. 

We have so much more up front that Lampard needs to sort out........now. 

That was because Leverkusen built the team around Havertz. Not sure if that was ever gonna be the case here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Last season Tottenham underperformed, Leicester fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and there was no Everton sniffing around. This season could end badly if Lamps doesn't find a tactic that works without our only creative player in Ziyech and a half fit Pulisic 

Also Wolves came up short. Lampard had more lives than a cat last season. Got the 4th place which we desperately needed but it wasn’t impressive how we got it at all.

This season is looking the same expect Lampard has used all of his lives. The more bad results we get, the more slip us close to low mid-table. We will be mid table already if results don’t go our way before we play West Ham.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A good coach is suppose to get the BEST out of its players. Bad coaches do the opposite. We have an even better squad than last season and we still look very average!

This squad, with or without Ziyech should do a lot better than they are now. Otherwise we have to say it’s bad recruitment (doubt it). It’s either one or the other.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

So...we will have had 6 days off before the game, its fucking bollocks if we dont see tempo desire and hunger to win the match. I dont care what form WH are in, a draw is a loss for me.

A free week is never a free week under Lampard because that's when he will overwork the players. I get apprehensive whenever we have that because muscle injury is the most common injury ever since Lampard got here - there's still too many even if we take Pulisic's problem out of the equation - and although I don't have the exact numbers, am pretty sure a lot of the injuries last season happened when we had a free week, no game in midweek etc. It's also why the players some time look gassed after a certain period in a game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

All will be forgiven if we get 9 points from West Ham, Arsenal, and VIlla before City. 

Entirely possible and should be required considering Arsenal and City go at it midweek in the league cup. 

Honestly..I dont think we'll get all from West Ham or Arsenal..and who knows about Villa they're unpredictable..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...