Super Frank Thread

Just now, Special Juan said:

Worried about you Frank, big time. The club have shot millions at him and we have gone backwards.

The worrying thing for me is not the results, its the gaps in midfield and defence as well as chances we concede. We might have prime Nuer in that backline and we would still concede a lot of goals. We are tactically off and rely too much on individual brilliance kinda like Hazard never left. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Two points dropped because of him. If he didn't start Alonso and played Zouma as CB this would not have happened. 

I don't think it matters who we start he is just not good enough for defense, Lampard. 

This should be his last season with us and next get nagelsmam. 

Lol, Lampard told Alonso to head the ball to the opponent and Lampard also told Silva to gift the opponent a goal. Classic TC. Give all the fault to the coach, but not to the players

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

Lol, Lampard told Alonso to head the ball to the opponent and Lampard also told Silva to gift the opponent a goal. Classic TC. Give all the fault to the coach, but not to the players

Lampard started Alonso when everyone knew his defects, he is firstly to blame.

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

The worrying thing for me is not the results, its the gaps in midfield and defence as well as chances we concede. We might have prime Nuer in that backline and we would still concede a lot of goals. We are tactically off and rely too much on individual brilliance kinda like Hazard never left. 

Not really, bayern won their ucl against lyon and PSG while conceding 4 clear cut chances. 😁😁

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I kinda agree, but then why does he keep using these players? Why do we keep making the same BS after BS? What is our style? First 11? Formation? Tactics? Too many issues sadly.

It is hard to blame Frank for the first two goals. Both come from individual mistakes and any system is vulnerable to those. 

The third however is just showcasing how poor this team is on set-pieces, and that is 100% on the coaching. Even if you isolate corners, they are quite useless in both directions. 

We had so many attacking corners today, and none of them were even close to causing danger. WBA on the other hand had direct or indirect dangerous actions on almost every single one. 

Also, the subs were a complete joke. Why in the world would you have Abraham, Giroud and Werner on at the same time? it wasn't the box that was a problem for us, it was setting up plays from midfield. What we got was three players getting in each others way, and forcing Werner out to act as a playmaker.

Also, Kovacic had been one of our better players in the first half, certainly not the player that needed to go.

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't think it matters who we start he is just not good enough for defense, Lampard. 

This should be his last season with us and next get nagelsmam. 

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

And who selected them? Again, Zouma-Rudiger pairing last season 4 games 4 clean sheets. Liverpool 2:0, Everton 4:0, Leicester 0:1, Watford 3:0.

Why they never played again? I am 100% sure if they started today we would not conceded 3 early goals like that. He could play Emerson, Chilwell or Azpi LB. Many options.

This team has tremendous potential and we can maybe become what we want with Frank in the future but I feel he is slowing down the process. 

3 minutes ago, prehuman said:

Chelsea and Man Utd have the same problem.
Two clubs from the big 6 with Championship level coaches.

It's sad because Lampard can attract top class players and has great vision about the game unfortunately he doesn't look to be cut out as a top manager so far. Wish he would be part of the board with Cech and we get another coach but ain't gonna happen. Also the players that came for him will probably start questioning if he gets sacked to soon. He will see out the season I think and board will decide.